Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Fjällräven Kanken Logo Backpack ($71.25 & $75.00, almost 29% off regular price: $100)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2018 11:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1083 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto

[The Bay] Fjällräven Kanken Logo Backpack ($71.25 & $75.00, almost 29% off regular price: $100)

Good price! Plus, Fjallravens are excluded from any HBC promotions so it's a sale to take advantage of.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5352 posts
1952 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
This has become the new "Herschel" backpack, all the rage with kids these days.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Mar 13, 2012
688 posts
325 upvotes
Near You
I bought ab toiletries bag from the same brand. The bag itself is fine, but the recyclable paper bag they gave me to carry it out of the store broke within two minutes. Legendary Swedish Reliability, everyone.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel)| Amex Bonvoy Hotel Stays + Airline points
💰 Tangerine (Free Daily Banking) | HSBC Premier | EQ Bank
📞 Fido 10GB/65$ 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5352 posts
1952 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
mistytalon wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 7:17 pm
the recyclable paper bag they gave me to carry it out of the store broke within two minutes.
Maybe it's compostable?
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1083 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 7:30 pm
FYI, The last Hunt have more Fjällräven backpacks and items on sale like the kids Kanken 7L with 40% off too.

https://www.thelasthunt.com/collections ... _=1&page=1
Yeah, I forgot to add that so thanks :) I don't like TheLastHunt's colour selection though.
dealseaker101 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 7:16 pm
This has become the new "Herschel" backpack, all the rage with kids these days.
Yeah they are quite popular but I can see why! It packs a lot and it's seriously sturdy.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10346 posts
4985 upvotes
Toronto
ugly

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4071 posts
991 upvotes
Ottawa
Ugly, wife bought one, I insisted to return it, it’s not only ugly also feel very cheap
Apr 17, 2005
362 posts
65 upvotes
I've have one that's been in the family since the late 70's. Still functional today and the only thing I've had to replace is the foam insert.
Jan 4, 2010
390 posts
225 upvotes
Waterloo
I have been looking buy to another one in black. Crazy how they went up in price...I bought a red ox in 2010 ish and they were only $60cad at some outdoor store in Mississauga(it was the only local place that had them at that time)

For 8 years of abuse, it held up very well. I actually use it for traveling and hikes. I like how it opens up completely, I can take whatever I want out of the bag without digging the bag up. The bag packs well and it’s pretty water resistant thanks to the wax coating. But be warn the wax will rub off through time and abuse...you gotta rewax it again. If the wax layer rubs off, there’s a good chance that the color of the bag might bleed onto whatever you are wearing. Unfortunately I had to learn through the cost of my brothers white polo. Doesn’t come off in the wash with bleach too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1083 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
tinbitz wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 11:20 pm
Crazy how they went up in price...I bought a red ox in 2010 ish and they were only $60cad at some outdoor store in Mississauga(it was the only local place that had them at that time)
Dang! Only $60? I think nowadays, it's retailing for $100 but most sites do have coupons like "15% off any regular price" with email subscriptions. But this The Bay sale is by far, the best deal after The Last Hunt (which only has ugly colours of the Kankens).
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 8:58 pm
Ugly, wife bought one, I insisted to return it, it’s not only ugly also feel very cheap
I've felt it before. It doesn't feel cheap. Rather it feels stiff which is good for travelling and going to outdoors (hiking) with it since it won't get damaged easily.