• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 5:48 pm
[OP]
Sep 7, 2006
15 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

[The Bay] HBC Breville Barista Express $470 - 5%

Barista Express on sale for 550 minus 15 % (code BONUS ) works to 470.
E bates 5 %
61 replies
Jun 6, 2007
26 posts
12 upvotes
Oshawa
Good find - the amazon reviews are quite good for this. But the bay reviews has complaints about coils and the pump. Curious if anyone wants to give their opinions on this?
Mar 26, 2004
72 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
soultakerxi wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 9:25 am
Good find - the amazon reviews are quite good for this. But the bay reviews has complaints about coils and the pump. Curious if anyone wants to give their opinions on this?
I'm 1.5 years in with mine and have had no issues. Love it and would buy again. Doubt you could make better coffee at this price from my research.
Dec 29, 2017
83 posts
25 upvotes
Thank you. Don’t like to support the bay since they are not responding to our warranty claim for our mattress BUT this deal is too HOT. I purchased this for $499 on Amazon, canceled the order since reviews were mixed on the grinder. I already have an awesome grinder for espresso and French press so I got the new Bambino model. Have to buy the non-pressurized baskets though. Thank you OP
Jul 16, 2007
109 posts
96 upvotes
montreal
any of you guys know the difference between this and the Duo Temp Pro BES810BSS? Aside from the grinder, from an espresso machine standpoint does one have an advantage over the other? Already have a smart grinder pro and dont want to buy this unit if the grinder is the only diff between the two.
May 30, 2010
320 posts
506 upvotes
soultakerxi wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 9:25 am
Been using it daily for 1.5 years and 4 double shots a day. Grinder is so so but manageable. The thermal block is constantly flushing itself with water, so i assume that the other reviews run the pump dry and wreck it. I recommend it, been a great purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
2732 posts
3196 upvotes
Ottawa
nas84 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 10:39 am
any of you guys know the difference between this and the Duo Temp Pro BES810BSS? Aside from the grinder, from an espresso machine standpoint does one have an advantage over the other? Already have a smart grinder pro and dont want to buy this unit if the grinder is the only diff between the two.
The same coffee machine without grinder is BES840 Infuser.
Here is a comparison with it and Duo Temp: https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/blog/ ... s-infuser/
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1906 posts
486 upvotes
Do I have to use the integrated bean grinder or can I bypass it?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1906 posts
486 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 11:34 am
You can bypass it. But why buy machine with built-in grinder if you're not going to use it? Although the same machine without grinder is just $55 less.
Because if I want to switch beans (decaf, flavored) I don't want to empty the grinder each time.
May 30, 2015
26 posts
16 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
seafish wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 11:34 am
You can bypass it. But why buy machine with built-in grinder if you're not going to use it? Although the same machine without grinder is just $55 less.
Because the grinder sucks. You're better off getting a separate stepless grinder and an espresso machine. Might be expensive upfront but if you go down the coffee hole, it will save money in the long run.

Also if you have a separate grinder, you can brtter grind for other brews methods such a French press, chemex, aeropress, and so on.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
2732 posts
3196 upvotes
Ottawa
Eddiebtz wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 11:37 am
Because the grinder sucks. You're better off getting a separate stepless grinder and an espresso machine. Might be expensive upfront but if you go down the coffee hole, it will save money in the long run.

Also if you have a separate grinder, you can brtter grind for other brews methods such a French press, chemex, aeropress, and so on.
Hmm, so buy machine with a grinder and not use it because it sucks? Dones't make sense :) Just buy a machine without it if you don't want to use it.
I find grinder is OK for my needs. I use non-pressurized portafilter and results are stable every shot. I'm not a coffee snob though and never had a separate $200+ grinder

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)