Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

2018 Hudson's Bay Card member Exclusive Discounts

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2018 6:20 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
TensaZ wrote: No debt is not always good for your credit. Having a student loan with no late payment is better than no student loan. Same thing for mortgages.
I would add auto loans as well to that. I have some small experience with auto loans & dealing with auto finance centers & strangely enough, its actually better to have bad credit (within reason ofcos) than to have no credit aka "a ghost".

I've seen some peeps with really bad credit (4xx beacon score) get bought on an auto loan, albeit at a much higher interest ...as high as 30% in my limited experience, while the 'ghost' needs a co-signer or a very large downpayment.

end of the day, the motto is - get established with & properly maintain some sort of a credit tradeline ASAP even if its just a secured CC. no credit is likely worse than having bad credit :facepalm:
Apr 20, 2010
26 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
What's the deal with the wording at the bottom of The Bay's January 19th flyer? click here to view

NEXT WEEK'S FLYER WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THEBAY.COM ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 26 2018

Is this the end of the Hudson's Bay Flyer as we know it?
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
Lol Hudson bay keeps on asking me to increase my limit.
Nov 23, 2016
55 posts
70 upvotes
Brampton
Anyone figured out what is the promo code for extra 15% off ? EXTRA15 is not working or not activated yet ? Any updates will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
The promo code for your 15% discount is EXTRA

Start shopping now!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB

And

ENDS SUNDAY, JANUARY 21, 2018 AT 11:59 PM ET
Online & In Stores: Save an Extra 15% on Almost Anything with Your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card.
OR
Online Only: Save an Extra 10% on Almost Anything No Matter How You Pay
Use Code EXTRA at Checkout
10% and 15% offers are mutually exclusive and cannot be combined with a new account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to Friday, January 19, 2018. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s).

HUDSON’S BAY CREDIT OFFER: Excludes cosmetics, fragrances and major appliances. Other exclusions apply. See in store and online for details. The following categories are a maximum 10% off discount: CONFECTIONERY, FURNITURE, GOURMET, OUTDOOR FURNITURE AND PERSONAL-CARE ELECTRICS.
Mar 1, 2012
769 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
darn i just bought something on the 16th.. I wonder if they will credit me back 10 bucks lol. don't forget ebates btw.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Use promo code FLASH to save an additional 10% on Kitchen Essentials. Valid until Wednesday @ 23:59 EST.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Time to shop with promo code 15OFF --- see post dated January 13th.

Friday's flyer now online in preview. Look for new everyday low prices on matresses, no more inflated prices that require a 60-70% discount. Is the pricing strategy on luggage and cookware due for changes next?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Just keeping everyone informed, but I visited the Portage & Memorial Hudson's Bay store (#1120) in Winnipeg on Friday afternoon. I just happen to spot on every till that there was a piece of paper reminding associates to invite Hudson's Bay Credit Cardmembers back instore for the next Credit event. The next Credit Event is scheduled for Friday, February 16 to Sunday, February 19 rather than the weekend before Valentine's Day like last year. I'm wondering if the timing of this year's Winter Olympics affected the timing of this Credit Event.

This Tuesday is Seniors Day at both Hudson's Bay (60+) and Home Outfitters (55+).
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: Just keeping everyone informed, but I visited the Portage & Memorial Hudson's Bay store (#1120) in Winnipeg on Friday afternoon. I just happen to spot on every till that there was a piece of paper reminding associates to invite Hudson's Bay Credit Cardmembers back instore for the next Credit event. The next Credit Event is scheduled for Friday, February 16 to Sunday, February 19 rather than the weekend before Valentine's Day like last year. I'm wondering if the timing of this year's Winter Olympics affected the timing of this Credit Event.

This Tuesday is Seniors Day at both Hudson's Bay (60+) and Home Outfitters (55+).
seniors event details?

Tia
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
No Seniors Day details yet, but today is Super App Sunday if you use Ebates. Use the Ebates app for a 4% reward.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Finally was able to login.

Shop Now with promo code SAVE.

Seniors Day
60 or Better Save an Extra 15%
ENDS TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2018 AT 11:59 PM ET
Shop Now with Code SAVE

Cannot be combined with new account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to Monday, February 5, 2018. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s). The following categories are a maximum 10% discount: CONFECTIONERY, GOURMET, OUTDOOR FURNITURE, PERSONAL-CARE ELECTRICS.

Full details here.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
A preview of Friday's flyer is out. On Wednesday next week which is Valentine's Day there is a one day Cardmember event to save 15%. No details yet but last year promo code SWEETIE was used.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4624 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Glad to see you continue this into 2018. I appreciate the heads up on the sales and events.
Mar 10, 2012
81 posts
21 upvotes
London
Don't forget that cslusarc [OP]'s posted code from Jan 13th still works and the details say until March 15th! So you don't have to wait for 'other days' if you have an HBC card.

cslusarc wrote: I found this online on thebay.com

Your February Hudson's Bay statement should include a paper coupon that references this credit offer begining Thursday, February 1st, 2018:
ENDS MARCH 15, 2018 AT 11:59 PM ET

Online & In Stores

Save an Extra 15% on Regular and Sale Prices With Your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card.

Use Code 15OFF 

Cannot be combined with New Account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to February 1, 2018. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s).

The following categories are a maximum 10% off discount: CONFECTIONARY, FURNITURE, GOURMET, OUTDOOR FURNITURE, PARROT, PHANTOM, SOLOGEAR.

Full details here.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Grabbed some clearance items last night, code SAVE for 15% off and 5% cash back
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3162 posts
3308 upvotes
renoldman wrote: That says more about you than them.

Do you keep a lowish balance and make all payments? Are your other credit lines in good shape?

Lastly, do you have any other Capital One credit?

If you can't handle other credit or have crap income, maybe the credit company is actually treating you good instead of in a predatory manner.
That's how the bay card works. If you have their old card they won't increase the balance for whatever reason, you could be paying off their bills left and right and have a highest possible credit rating and still only get a $300 credit limit. It's an old system.
Dec 17, 2014
266 posts
168 upvotes
Just a friendly PSA here folks:

The average age of your credit cards is a component of a lender's decision on your credit worthiness for a mortgage or loan.

Remember that and to be just 'polite enough to not get kicked out of the store' when someone at Canadian Tire, Loblaws etc. approach you with a clipboard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)