Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Nespresso Pixie up to 50% off at the Bay

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2016 7:09 pm
Oct 15, 2015
242 posts
879 upvotes
BC

[The Bay] Nespresso Pixie up to 50% off at the Bay

Was shopping for the Inissia and saw the more expensive Pixie model on sale at the Bay. The red one is 50% off. The steel one is 40% off. I price matched the steel one at Best Buy and got an additional $10 off ($139.99).

I sampled this espresso for the first time last week and it was amazing coffee so this sale was perfect timing for me.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
That's nice but makes more sense to buy it straight from Nespresso when they have a promo.

They occasionally have a promo where you can get a machine for 30-50$ with the purchase of 300~ capsules (sometimes free if you're lucky)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
How much are the capsules?
kenze wrote: That's nice but makes more sense to buy it straight from Nespresso when they have a promo.

They occasionally have a promo where you can get a machine for 30-50$ with the purchase of 300~ capsules (sometimes free if you're lucky)
Dec 5, 2015
765 posts
926 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Variable but between .72 and .85 each. Thing is if you buy a nespresso machine you will need the caps. So these are usually great deal. No point in getting the machine and not being able to use it.
Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
545 upvotes
Paris
tark514 wrote: Variable but between .72 and .85 each. Thing is if you buy a nespresso machine you will need the caps. So these are usually great deal. No point in getting the machine and not being able to use it.
I use compatible pods at around .5 each and i think they are equally good.
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
What pods are those, are they the refillable ones?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1768 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
Irridion wrote: What pods are those, are they the refillable ones?
I was able to snatch some 3rd party pods from homesense for 0.5 each as well (they sell in a box of 10 for $4.99).
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7618 upvotes
ON
kaijujager wrote:
tark514 wrote: Variable but between .72 and .85 each. Thing is if you buy a nespresso machine you will need the caps. So these are usually great deal. No point in getting the machine and not being able to use it.
I've tried most compatible pods out there and none are the same quality as nespresso original ones.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
kenze wrote: That's nice but makes more sense to buy it straight from Nespresso when they have a promo.

not a deal because of exactly this
op go refund ur machine
promo happens every few 1-2 months from nespresso
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
dilligafeh wrote:
kaijujager wrote:
I've tried most compatible pods out there and none are the same quality as nespresso original ones.
exactly, why bother with this machine if u r gonna use clone pods... you're getting this for the coffee... if u don't care for the taste just buy great value brand or no frills brand coffee and a 10 coffee maker.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
As someone who's family been using Nespresso for a long time, three is a big difference between the original capsules and the compatible ones.
If you're used to the coffee that is sold in most places in Canada and never tasted good coffee then I guess the compatible ones would be alright.

But as mentioned before, Nespresso has promotions quite often, it usually means buy 200+ capsules and get a machine for free, we probably had close to 10 free machines by now, two of those machines were expensive models ($500+ models) but you need to buy more than 200 capsules when they have that promotion, probably around 500. But if you drink it anyway then it makes a lot of sense to buy when they have those promotions.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2133 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
What are the typical expiration dates on nespresso capsules?

I went from the Tassimo system to a Rancilio Silvia setup a few years ago and it's great but I find I'm not using it very often anymore.

So I'm thinking of going back to a capsule system but I need the pods to have a longish shelf life.
Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
545 upvotes
Paris
actng wrote:
dilligafeh wrote:
kaijujager wrote:

exactly, why bother with this machine if u r gonna use clone pods... you're getting this for the coffee... if u don't care for the taste just buy great value brand or no frills brand coffee and a 10 coffee maker.
Agreed, but i think it is also how you take uour coffee. If you do latte's, clones are fine. Plus, drip would be totally different from this method of extraction even if you had the same coffee grounds..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
I was gifted those clone pods once from Italy and they don't exactly fit the machine snuggly leading to loss of water pressure when going through the pods
Oct 15, 2015
242 posts
879 upvotes
BC
flafson wrote: As someone who's family been using Nespresso for a long time, three is a big difference between the original capsules and the compatible ones.
If you're used to the coffee that is sold in most places in Canada and never tasted good coffee then I guess the compatible ones would be alright.

But as mentioned before, Nespresso has promotions quite often, it usually means buy 200+ capsules and get a machine for free, we probably had close to 10 free machines by now, two of those machines were expensive models ($500+ models) but you need to buy more than 200 capsules when they have that promotion, probably around 500. But if you drink it anyway then it makes a lot of sense to buy when they have those promotions.
Thanks for the info everyone. i'll keep an eye out for the promos and perhaps upgrade later. 500 capsules seems steep. How's the freshness of these capsules after a year?

You've gone through 10 machines? How are the build qualities on these machines? This would be my 1st one. Hopefully it lasts a few years.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
My dad tends to have a machine on every floor of the house and at his office, plus he gives some away to other family.
Not sure about the expiry date but I don't think it ever taken us more than 6 months to finish them off.

Usually the machines last a few years, sometimes you may get some issues like leaks or we had recently an instance that a press of a button didn't produce the correct amount of coffee so you had to press it a few times.
I believe the machines are usually under 1 year warranty, afterwards you need to pay for repair.
The last issue we had they said it was a $150 repair but then looked at how much we buy and just waved it off, they sent a prepaid box to put the machine inside and I believe it was already fixed and back within a week, their service level and commitment is top notch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)