• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2017 7:47 pm
[OP]
Feb 2, 2013
299 posts
155 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC

[The Bay] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mega Bloks playsets on Clearance

While looking for gift ideas for my Ninja Turtles obsessed daughter, I came across a clearance sale at The Bay.com. It includes the most expensive playsets in the series: two different version of 'The Lair' and the Party Wagon van. Regular prices $80, $50 and $35. They are on clearance for half price. Free shipping here is only if you go over $100. It cost me about $6 shipping for the two I purchased.
Last edited by barrensky on Mar 6th, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Nov 25, 2015
39 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Thanks OP. Interested in the cheapest lair. Still almost $80 on Amazon (though 37 at walmart). Need somewhere to put all the random bits from the advent calendar. And already got the other set with a piece of tube for really cheap. (Adult TMNT collector when things get cheap enough just to display them)
[OP]
Feb 2, 2013
299 posts
155 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
Roadki11 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 1:23 am
Thanks OP. Interested in the cheapest lair. Still almost $80 on Amazon (though 37 at walmart). Need somewhere to put all the random bits from the advent calendar. And already got the other set with a piece of tube for really cheap. (Adult TMNT collector when things get cheap enough just to display them)
Never heard of the advent calendar till I saw your post. After a quick search I see that it is about half price at Toys R Us ($15). Seen it cheaper anywhere?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1308 posts
288 upvotes
barrensky wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 2:13 am
Never heard of the advent calendar till I saw your post. After a quick search I see that it is about half price at Toys R Us ($15). Seen it cheaper anywhere?
Haven't seen it cheaper. It's a nice set. I bought it during Christmas for $24.99 and would say it was still worth it.
Current Favorites: Fido $15/3GB & My Mall Box
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5063 posts
1090 upvotes
Moncton, NB
barrensky wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 2:13 am
My wife bought the Minion calendar at walmart for $8 and she told me they also had the Ninja Turtle for the same price.
Nov 25, 2015
39 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
nounou23 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 6:16 am
My wife bought the Minion calendar at walmart for $8 and she told me they also had the Ninja Turtle for the same price.
Ya I would have said Walmart if you can find one. About a month ago they were $10 on clearance. Considering I paid $30 for mine... Lol... Wish I'd waited. First year they've done them I think.
Nov 25, 2015
39 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Also worth it because you can turn that turtle into any of the other ones. And if the masks on the other sets are removable, you could do the same with the separate masks for each turtle from the advent set. It doesn't come with all four turtles, but it does come with masks and weapons for each. It seems like almost every set comes with Leonardo - having bought (now) three sets, I don't have any other turtles! Haha
Dec 28, 2007
335 posts
31 upvotes
Waterloo
It says Mega bloks, but it looks like the smaller "Lego" pieces. Are these the bigger, toddler-friendly blocks, or little ones?
Jul 5, 2005
869 posts
157 upvotes
sods wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:18 am
It says Mega bloks, but it looks like the smaller "Lego" pieces. Are these the bigger, toddler-friendly blocks, or little ones?
LEGO patent expired. Other companies can manufacture blocks same size and dimensions as LEGO. They are 100% compatible with all other LEGO. Mega blocks mini figures are different size/height shape as the LEGO brand.
[OP]
Feb 2, 2013
299 posts
155 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 7:42 pm
For some reason I cannot add them to cart
I had the same problem. When I disabled my ad blocker it worked.