Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

$20 Google store credit with Chromecast

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2017 4:52 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1209 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I google Chromecast offers and get a link to scan for devices. I scan and get a page listing offers. One is a $20 offer. When I click the offer, it downloads a json.txt file into my PC. I'm doing this from my Windows 10 pc using Chrome browser. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Feb 11, 2007
460 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, I could do this on both my Chromecast audios, but wouldn't work on my V1 Chromecast.
I bought one for my mom for Christmas, it's too bad I won't be able to get her the credit.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks OP, I received the $20 credit for both my original Chromecast v1 and a new v2.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4289 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Tried the steps for CC v1, and there was no offer after reboot.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
it took me a long while to find the redeem button (for v2). but i eventually found it on the google home app in the horizontal scrollable banner
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
umadbrah wrote: it took me a long while to find the redeem button (for v2). but i eventually found it on the google home app in the horizontal scrollable banner
Is this a brand new V2 with first time activation or previously bought one?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
VertigoM wrote: Is this a brand new V2 with first time activation or previously bought one?
brand new
teksavvy sucks
Feb 7, 2008
966 posts
358 upvotes
Okanagan
Can I use Google Play balance $ towards purchase of a new phone/device ?
or is it only for movies/books etc.?
Jul 14, 2014
322 posts
322 upvotes
Can't get the offer on the one I bought on Black Friday. Tried updating, joining Preview program, rebooting a hundred times...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
Its legit I bought chromecast today and got the offer. But I have one a few months old that can't get the offer. I think only V1 are getting the offer if you bought it b4 the promo started
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3310 posts
744 upvotes
Ottawa
So, this isn't exclusive to The Source after all, is it?

Someone linked to https://www.google.com/chromecast/tv/chromecast/offers/ , which says that the deal expires on January 25. That would be rather useful, since otherwise I would have to gift this to someone before Christmas, and where's the fun in that?
Sep 13, 2008
422 posts
111 upvotes
Google's language on this promo is not clear... Do you have to activate the Chromecast prior to Dec. 24, or is purchasing it enough? I want to gift it to my parents after the 24th, but I'll activate it in advance if I have to.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7430 posts
2503 upvotes
BC
G0AT wrote: Google's language on this promo is not clear... Do you have to activate the Chromecast prior to Dec. 24, or is purchasing it enough? I want to gift it to my parents after the 24th, but I'll activate it in advance if I have to.
Not an expert on this, but how I interpret it is that the device has to be activated by the 24th, but you have until January 25th to claim the credit.
Oct 12, 2016
11 posts
Kwirky wrote: Not an expert on this, but how I interpret it is that the device has to be activated by the 24th, but you have until January 25th to claim the credit.
So even if I buy it online tonight and have it shipped to my place, thus receiving the Chromecast AFTER 24th, I won't be able to redeem the $20?
Oct 9, 2013
159 posts
58 upvotes
Peterborough
I bought one as a gift for our family but it won't be opened until Christmas.....will I still get the credit?...or do I need to open it now to get the relevant information out of it and set it up?
Aug 23, 2010
216 posts
114 upvotes
Given that the Staples Boxing Day deal has started now and the Chromecast there is now $35.99, if you guys are able to swing a $20 google play credit on top of the discount, it seems like it's a pretty good deal!
May 29, 2016
498 posts
284 upvotes
Anyone know any interesting stuff to buy with this credit? Any good stuff that's difficult to 'acquire' otherwise and worth getting with good play money?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
Very interesting.
I got 3 CCA couple months ago, already got $20 each.
I just try tonight and get 3 x $20 credit AGAIN.

So I got $120 in total. Turn out I get those CCA almost free.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone figured out out to use this credit to pay for Netflix in Canada?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)