Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Amazon Echo Gen 2 - $25 off of $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:58 am
Oct 14, 2015
21 posts
1 upvote
Montreal, QC
That is so ridiculous . Tried to buy today a dji drone from costco but that was blocked as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5072 posts
750 upvotes
GVR
zannerzone wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 12:33 pm
Why not Quebec!!!
Probably some language thing to do with branding, manual, packaging...
QC...self-imposed language barrier.
Jun 4, 2006
175 posts
22 upvotes
I bought an Echo 2 and an SD card, so my CC had the full cost of the order as pending. My order was set to 'parked' because they echo isn't out yet, the SD card arrived, and the CC charge went though but the charged amount change to just to total for the SD card.

Anyone else see this happening?
May 19, 2003
807 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener
thefragger wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 11:07 am
I bought an Echo 2 and an SD card, so my CC had the full cost of the order as pending. My order was set to 'parked' because they echo isn't out yet, the SD card arrived, and the CC charge went though but the charged amount change to just to total for the SD card.

Anyone else see this happening?
Same here, they will only charge your card once an item has shipped, my order is parked as well but should receive shipping notice shortly as the release date is tomorrow
Heatware: 59-0-0
Mar 12, 2004
197 posts
37 upvotes
Kitchener
I was just on The Source website and see that all mention of Amazon Echo's have disappeared. Don't know if that is just recent, or why. I have a pre-order with them, using the coupon and clicked on the product description in my order email and the page doesn't exist. Not a big shopper with The Source because they usually disappoint. I hope I'm not going to be sad again!
Feb 21, 2014
258 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I love amazon but google is really taking them to the cleaners on the speakers this year.
Sep 27, 2010
54 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I checked the status of my order, it was originally parked. Its now showing in process. Time will tell.
Jan 27, 2007
639 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
Playdo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:42 pm
I checked the status of my order, it was originally parked. Its now showing in process. Time will tell.
Same here, although the product link doesn't exist anymore. as it's released tomorrow will this be One Day Shipping I wonder?
May 19, 2003
807 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener
Just checked my order and its "In Process" now as well..looks like we will be receiving them shortly Thumbs Up Sign
Heatware: 59-0-0
Nov 26, 2016
16 posts
24 upvotes
Any idea what happened to the ad? Its off the website
Nov 15, 2014
631 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Is this hot because it has the $25 coupon applied? Or is this cheaper than other stores already? Because if adding the newsletter coupon $25 off $100 makes something hot, then that would apply to a lot of items, like the Google Home for $99 - $25 newsletter. Am I missing something here why this is considered a hot thread? No offence to the OP, just wanted to know why this is hot. If adding a coupon makes something hot, then buying any items worth $100 total and applying the coupon would make them hot as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3789 posts
460 upvotes
Montreal
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:17 pm
Is this hot because it has the $25 coupon applied? Or is this cheaper than other stores already? Because if adding the newsletter coupon $25 off $100 makes something hot, then that would apply to a lot of items, like the Google Home for $99 - $25 newsletter. Am I missing something here why this is considered a hot thread? No offence to the OP, just wanted to know why this is hot. If adding a coupon makes something hot, then buying any items worth $100 total and applying the coupon would make them hot as well.
I thought it's because the Echo and Google Home are mostly sold out everywhere.

Is the Echo much better than the Home? Google clearly attracts better talent than Amazon so I expect the home to become better overtime.
Nov 15, 2014
631 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
cn_habs wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:21 pm
I thought it's because the Echo and Google Home are mostly sold out everywhere.

Is the Echo much better than the Home? Google clearly attracts better talent than Amazon so I expect the home to become better overtime.
naw, they get supply here and there. They usually flame people for posting something in hot thread if its not really a deal (even if sold out, example nintendo switch back when it was hard to find, if was regular price, people flamed)

but i guess thanks for letting us know we can use the $25 newsletter coupon on the Amazon Echo at thesource.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10732 posts
1741 upvotes
Ottawa
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:17 pm
The way I see it:

If everybody else is selling for the same promo price ($99), the "coupon" (which is easy to get) is an additional discount that allows you to buy the item at a much lower price than everywhere else. So strictly speaking this is one of the better deal out there, which means it's appropriate to discuss it here. Whether it's as hot as other deals is up to the forum members to decide, if it's not hot, chances are the thread will sink to the bottom

Re: what you said about other items.....If I buy a set of Sony headphones at the Source for $100 minus the $25 coupon, it doesn't mean it's also a hot deal if the same headphones can be found at half price somewhere else. The Echo is hot just because you can't find a better deal for the device outright somewhere else.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

willy0275