• Dec 13th, 2017 9:04 am
Nov 15, 2014
633 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
warpdrive wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:12 pm
The way I see it:

If everybody else is selling for the same promo price ($99), the "coupon" (which is easy to get) is an additional discount that allows you to buy the item at a much lower price than everywhere else. So strictly speaking this is one of the better deal out there, which means it's appropriate to discuss it here. Whether it's as hot as other deals is up to the forum members to decide, if it's not hot, chances are the thread will sink to the bottom

Re: what you said about other items.....If I buy a set of Sony headphones at the Source for $100 minus the $25 coupon, it doesn't mean it's also a hot deal if the same headphones can be found at half price somewhere else. The Echo is hot just because you can't find a better deal for the device outright somewhere else.
but google home is $99 everywhere else as well and if you apply the newsletter coupon it also will be considered hot by this methodology. Everywhere else is now selling ps4 bundles for around 379.99 add the $25 coupon and its now $354.99 should I start a thread for that as well? Or better, Xbox One X for $599.99 - $25 newsletter coupon, hot as well.. or even the xbox one S core with no game for $229.99 will be $204.99 after coupon applied, hot. Get my point? People can start all kinds of threads about this, its not hot if its something anyone can get at any time
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10739 posts
1746 upvotes
Ottawa
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:32 pm
but google home is $99 everywhere else as well and if you apply the newsletter coupon it also will be considered hot by this methodology. Everywhere else is now selling ps4 bundles for around 379.99 add the $25 coupon and its now $354.99 should I start a thread for that as well? Or better, Xbox One X for $599.99 - $25 newsletter coupon, hot as well.. or even the xbox one S core with no game for $229.99 will be $204.99 after coupon applied, hot. Get my point? People can start all kinds of threads about this, its not hot if its something anyone can get at any time
If an item is hard to get, in high demand or of interest to a lot of people, I think it's actually sometimes good for people to point out deals for specific items in separate threads even if a generic discount covers a broad range of items. This thread has 15 upvotes so there is *some* value that it was a separate thread....as you said, you also found it valuable to know that you could use the coupon on the Echo.

The thing about this forum is that things have a way of working themselves out. If a thread is in the wrong place or has no value, it will just fall off the bottom. If there is value or a lively discussion, the thread will be upvoted (or downvoted if not).

I already bought the Echo through Telus preorder, but if I didn't, I would have been glad to know I could get it with the coupon for cheaper than anywhere else.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Dec 4, 2013
40 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
junglemage666 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:32 pm
Also have to keep in mind that these preorder prices are are actually lower than the regular price. For example the Amazon echo 2nd gen is listed as having a regular price of $129.99, so with the preorder price of $99.99 (+$1 filler) - $25 is about $65 cheaper.
Jan 7, 2006
410 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
As of late Monday night, Echo is showing out of stock at The Source.
:(

Might come back!
Aug 3, 2010
246 posts
17 upvotes
manicdvln wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:04 pm
FU QC
Good...Good...
Your comment along with your signature when spoken using The Emperor's voice was funny to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1552 posts
418 upvotes
Sudbury
rrraven wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:29 am
As of late Monday night, Echo is showing out of stock at The Source.
:(

Might come back!
My tracking shows "in progress" still...my "filler" item shipped last night....but the Echo is still in progress.
Jun 4, 2006
176 posts
22 upvotes
Cheezy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 5:26 pm
Same here, they will only charge your card once an item has shipped, my order is parked as well but should receive shipping notice shortly as the release date is tomorrow
Any movement on your order?
Sep 27, 2010
54 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Echo's back on website, online only, order still in process.
Jan 27, 2007
639 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
I called the Source, they have no clue what's going on...they do not make sure the item is delivered on the release date (like Amazon does), they ship them out on the release date and then it take whatever it takes to get it delivered. My order hasn't shipped out yet, they don't have any clue why...
Nov 10, 2012
468 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
Sopranos wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:15 pm
I called the Source, they have no clue what's going on...they do not make sure the item is delivered on the release date (like Amazon does), they ship them out on the release date and then it take whatever it takes to get it delivered. My order hasn't shipped out yet, they don't have any clue why...
Mine has not shipped yet either but I received my batteries last night. Placed my order a week ago for two Dots. Hope they ship soon.
Oct 31, 2006
454 posts
75 upvotes
My echo shipped now but not the dot I ordered along with it
Jun 28, 2009
591 posts
169 upvotes
My Echo order from Telus arrived this afternoon; already got the echo dot set up (speaker ain't that great). Depending on how this one works, I may pick one up another for $75.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2008
64 posts
44 upvotes
Edmonton
My order is still 'in process'. I don't have high hope considering it's 'out of stock' but if they manage to send this out that would be nice.