[The Source] Amazon Echo Gen 2 - $25 off of $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 9:04 am
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1854 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting on my 2nd gen Echo from The Source, says it's "In Process". They sure are slow considering I preordered such a long time ago.
Aug 25, 2011
52 posts
10 upvotes
OTTAWA
Eluder wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:43 am
Still waiting on my 2nd gen Echo from The Source, says it's "In Process". They sure are slow considering I preordered such a long time ago.
Black Dot Shipped, White in Process. Guess that's what you get for free delivery and saving $25
Nov 10, 2012
468 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
aasoror wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:40 pm
When did you place your orders guys ? (those who got the shipping notifications)
November 26 for 2 black Echo Dots. Shipped today.
Feb 15, 2010
81 posts
13 upvotes
Mine shipped today but not my batteries. Guess they are back ordered with so many here using them as fillers :-)
Nov 6, 2010
21 posts
2 upvotes
Ordered 2 black echo dots and a white echo, both on 27th. The dots shipped this morning, but the echo is still processing.

Not sure if they have stock problems with the white ones, since the product page doesn't even exist anymore. The CSR couldn't give me any details on what's going on when I called them during lunch. She just said it should be shipped "soon."
Mar 22, 2013
362 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Got my battery two days ago. Got a shipping notice for two black Echo Dots this morning. Got a tracking number, which isn't active as yet.
Oct 31, 2006
454 posts
75 upvotes
got my echo today and dot shipping notice this morning -ordered 17th november
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2492 posts
457 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
cn_habs wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:21 pm
Is the Echo much better than the Home? Google clearly attracts better talent than Amazon so I expect the home to become better overtime.
+1

Im considering google home but this thread is making me 2nd guess. Which should i choose?
Mar 12, 2004
197 posts
37 upvotes
Kitchener
Not sure I understand the model that The Source uses for order fulfillment. I placed two orders for two Echo dots and AA batteries, well before release date. They shipped my batteries long ago. Now I have received tracking info for three of four Echo dots, all shipped seemingly at different times. One arrives tomorrow, one likely the next day, the other hasn't yet been picked up by Canada Post. The fourth, I don't know why that hasn't moved yet. But in any case, what could have been covered in two shipments will end up being 6, all no charge. Makes me go "hhmmm?".
Feb 15, 2010
81 posts
13 upvotes
My battery order got cancelled. Hope they didn't remove the coupon from my 2 Dots.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4264 posts
2094 upvotes
Kitchener
Bedboi wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:53 pm
+1

Im considering google home but this thread is making me 2nd guess. Which should i choose?
We prefer our Home to our Echo Dots, but the Home IS a more premium device. We don't have a regular Echo.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
1951 posts
175 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I still don't even have a pre-auth on my CC for my Echo order. I was hoping to have it by the weekend but that's not looking too likely. We are eager to swap out our kitchen Dot for the full Echo.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3734 posts
640 upvotes
Vancouver
cobrajett wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:30 pm
Not sure I understand the model that The Source uses for order fulfillment. I placed two orders for two Echo dots and AA batteries, well before release date. They shipped my batteries long ago. Now I have received tracking info for three of four Echo dots, all shipped seemingly at different times. One arrives tomorrow, one likely the next day, the other hasn't yet been picked up by Canada Post. The fourth, I don't know why that hasn't moved yet. But in any case, what could have been covered in two shipments will end up being 6, all no charge. Makes me go "hhmmm?".
ChicoQuente wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:56 am
I still don't even have a pre-auth on my CC for my Echo order. I was hoping to have it by the weekend but that's not looking too likely. We are eager to swap out our kitchen Dot for the full Echo.
They pre-authorize your card for funds at order but don't charge your card until things ship. If you haven't received your shipping notice, don't expect a charge. The charge appeared on my card a day after I got my shipping notice. Their fulfillment system sucks. I tried to cancel my pre-order and they replied that the order was already in process (this was Nov 24) and couldn't be cancelled.