[The Source] Amazon Echo Gen 2 - $25 off of $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 9:04 am
Jun 4, 2006
176 posts
22 upvotes
lhsonic wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:58 am
They pre-authorize your card for funds at order but don't charge your card until things ship. If you haven't received your shipping notice, don't expect a charge. The charge appeared on my card a day after I got my shipping notice. Their fulfillment system sucks. I tried to cancel my pre-order and they replied that the order was already in process (this was Nov 24) and couldn't be cancelled.
Initially my card was pre-authorized for the whole order I made, but until after charged for the filler item, which shipped quickly.

So far it looks like my dot is with my local postal service but the only charge on my CC is for my filler item. No additional charge for the dot yet.
Aug 25, 2011
52 posts
10 upvotes
OTTAWA
The source is a joke, I walked into Best Buy yesterday and there was stacks of Echo Dot's. All to save $25 i guess.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7449 posts
6450 upvotes
Hey guys.. anyone else having issues ordering through Alexas?

It keeps complaining im not ordering in the language associated with my account. Unfortunately it doesnt have distinction between English (Canada) and English (United States) in my account settings.

Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1083 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone know how to get multiple $25 off coupons if you've already registered? TIA
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7449 posts
6450 upvotes
DeeWayne wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:23 pm
Anyone know how to get multiple $25 off coupons if you've already registered? TIA
Use different email addresses. Do the Google Gmail trick (put periods anywhere in between any of the characters)

Hello@gmail.com
H.ello@gmail.com
H.e.llo@gmail.com

Are all the same address
Jan 30, 2016
85 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo
lol, the calculator is no longer available.
Need something else as fillerGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2139 posts
951 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:25 pm
Hey guys.. anyone else having issues ordering through Alexas?

It keeps complaining im not ordering in the language associated with my account. Unfortunately it doesnt have distinction between English (Canada) and English (United States) in my account settings.
Likewise. Also I can't add skills until I get it fixed.

This may be linked to the problem I had with Amazon Music. Apparently it defaults to my amazon.com account because I made that account first years ago.

I contacted amazon and they fixed it quick. I contacted them today and just waiting on reply.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1553 posts
419 upvotes
Sudbury
Still trying to get ahold of TELUS for a RETURN..../sigh
Dec 31, 2013
677 posts
311 upvotes
condo
Time to return the Amazon Echo (Gen 2) purchased from the Telus offer and buy this one with PSP + the email subscription offer!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7449 posts
6450 upvotes
uklamen wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:31 pm
Likewise. Also I can't add skills until I get it fixed.

This may be linked to the problem I had with Amazon Music. Apparently it defaults to my amazon.com account because I made that account first years ago.

I contacted amazon and they fixed it quick. I contacted them today and just waiting on reply.
Wierd, skills I can add no problem. I have both. Com and. Ca, I guess It's default to come.... Even though this is the Canadian edition
Apr 9, 2010
434 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
tmonies wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:51 pm
Time to return the Amazon Echo (Gen 2) purchased from the Telus offer and buy this one with PSP + the email subscription offer!
The Telus one needs to be returned by mail. I really hope you didn't plan on keeping the free Prime, then returning the Echo just to buy the Echo again. Just sell it on Kijiji, you'll probably get a fair amount back if not more than what you paid for it when the sale ends. =)
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1553 posts
419 upvotes
Sudbury
tmonies wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:51 pm
You have to ship it back, you know. Can't return in store.
Apr 16, 2015
499 posts
200 upvotes
I bought a Echo Dot on Tuesday when they were released.
Was really disappointed. Returned it on Wednesday. My Google mini is way better in so many ways