Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Apple 2M USB-C Lightining Cable $29.72

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 1:21 am
Nov 30, 2006
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Apple 2M USB-C Lightining Cable $29.72

The Source has the 2m usb-c Apple lightning cable for $31.96 but if you apply the PSP or CAA discount, price falls to $29.72. Not a bad discount as the regular price from Apple is $45.

Normally I buy non-Apple cables, but I’ll be using this for fast charging and would rather spend a couple extra bucks vs have my expensive XS Max phone fry and try to get Apple to cover my loss as a warranty or AppleCare covered loss.

Still expensive for a charging cable, but descent savings vs the regular price.

Not that many left in stores (I was lucky that my local shop had), but seems to be available to order online.

I can’t get the link to work but you can find it on their website.
Last edited by vanhalen26 on Nov 8th, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
16 replies
Sep 25, 2010
267 posts
196 upvotes
$30 for a cable are you insane. This is why I don't buy apple products
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
in 6 months I'd bet a version of a cable like this will be at Dollarama for $4. Now Apple USB-C cables are actually very complaint with USB-PD specs so that's good but ~$30 is still too much.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely a ripoff and they don't get great reviews on Apple.ca either. Nevertheless, this is one of the only ways to quick-charge a new iPhone. Silly apple tax!
Nov 30, 2006
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
jiffylube1024 wrote: Definitely a ripoff and they don't get great reviews on Apple.ca either. Nevertheless, this is one of the only ways to quick-charge a new iPhone. Silly apple tax!
Yeah - I loaded up on $2 lightning cables from BestBuy in the US this summer from a second tier brand (but MFI certified), but not risking any second tier brands with high capacity charging. Penny wise, pound foolish.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
vanhalen26 wrote: Yeah - I loaded up on $2 lightning cables from BestBuy in the US this summer from a second tier brand (but MFI certified), but not risking any second tier brands with high capacity charging. Penny wise, pound foolish.
Exactly. Don't cheap out on the cable to charge a $1000-1500 phone.
Nov 30, 2006
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Miguel Sánchez wrote: What is everyone using for their PD wall charger?
I bought a 18W usb c Choetech charger off amazon. I’m draining my phone overnight and I’ll test it tomorrow morning. I hope it works well.

Macrumors reviewed it pretty well, I’ll give the link and hopefully the link works. I couldn’t find any better known brands on sale at the moment, and this was well reviewed and just $21.99 on Amazon (and for some reason no tax).

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ma ... h.2128552/
Dec 23, 2015
325 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Aukey wall charger with PD
and OEM USB-C cable
But I bought all the fast charging accessories and found that I just use my wireless charging pad at night and charge lasts all day
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1444 posts
602 upvotes
Montreal
wireless charging pad for XR before sleep. Fast PD charginng for me useless.
Dec 25, 2007
69 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
this cable is expensive yes but its the only option if youre looking to fast charge your iphone 8 or newer. 3rd party wall adapters work for fast charging but 3rd party usb-c cables dont.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
I got a one time use $20 off $100 coupon if anyone wants it:
N18-JX48-84KX

It expires on November 14, 2018.
Terms wrote:Cannot be combined with any other offer. EPP, PSP and Dealer discounts excluded. Discount cannot be used towards purchase of Apple products, Bose products, Google products, Amazon products, gaming hardware, hard drives, pre-orders, Door Crashers, Daily Deals, The Source Gift Cards, all prepaid cards (iTunes, Xbox, etc.), prepaid airtime cards, digital downloads, mobile phone plans and security deposits.
Nov 6, 2018
69 posts
17 upvotes
No thanks. I bought two oem Samsung usb-c cable for $10 off eBay. I can get much cheaper for no name cables.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
manastone wrote: this cable is expensive yes but its the only option if youre looking to fast charge your iphone 8 or newer. 3rd party wall adapters work for fast charging but 3rd party usb-c cables dont.
none of the iphones can be charged with the above cable...