Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 18-55 IS Kit $399.96 comparing to Canon eStore $779.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 1:03 am
Jan 17, 2010
962 posts
468 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
this is a super old model, man! Dont even waste your 300 bucks.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
Brand new ones in box are selling on CL for 400-420 so go figure
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
thesick wrote: Brand new ones in box are selling on CL for 400-420 so go figure
You mean they are asking for $400.
Sep 5, 2016
269 posts
2931 upvotes
Here is a review for this model:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon- ... -rebel-sl1

Conclusion
The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / 100D is an ideal camera for consumer users looking for better image quality, with improved Live View and movie-mode autofocus in a small body. Its touchscreen interface offers a modern set of digital controls in a camera that will still feel familiar to more traditional SLR users.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
2784 posts
826 upvotes
North York
USB2USB3 wrote: Here is a review for this model:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon- ... -rebel-sl1

Conclusion
The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / 100D is an ideal camera for consumer users looking for better image quality, with improved Live View and movie-mode autofocus in a small body. Its touchscreen interface offers a modern set of digital controls in a camera that will still feel familiar to more traditional SLR users.
OP, this is 2013 review, it was a good entry level SLR camera back then. It's like finding "lava hot" deal for iphone 5 for $300. No reason to keep arguing, as others said it is a cold deal. Consider editing your title from "lava hot" otherwise you may only get more downvotes.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Superman_2099 wrote: Not the greatest price.
I believe Walmart had this kit for 259 and then 99$.
Will you ship it to me? Will pay $100.
---
Banned
Aug 30, 2014
34 posts
6 upvotes
I was able to get it for $99 in Walmart few months ago. Too cold for me.
No one has an exclusive on opportunity. When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.
Sep 5, 2016
269 posts
2931 upvotes
ag2000 wrote: OP, this is 2013 review, it was a good entry level SLR camera back then. It's like finding "lava hot" deal for iphone 5 for $300. No reason to keep arguing, as others said it is a cold deal. Consider editing your title from "lava hot" otherwise you may only get more downvotes.
OK, I'd take your suggestion to move "Lava Hot", however, I don't mind getting more downvotes. Because lots of comments are not based on the facts. Like it was selling for as low as $99 for brand new kit and you can get brand new in box of 18-55 lens on Kijiji for less than $100. Just like some of the RFDers would like to offer bonus to buy the mentioned kit or lens.

Just did a quick search and found this combo kit selling for $994.86 on Walmart.ca

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Canon-EOS- ... QEAXSAF9K3

Last edited by USB2USB3 on Dec 15th, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Banned
Aug 30, 2014
34 posts
6 upvotes
I suppose you were referring to this. Yea, i was able to grab one from walmart for 99$ brandnew and the rebel T5 demo for $60.
Images
  • 20171215_164108.png
No one has an exclusive on opportunity. When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
3095 posts
1330 upvotes
West
funinagg wrote: from what i have heard from experts, get nikon D3300 or D3400 instead. 4k video is also a useful feature if u can find it a comparable model n price range.
I would not buy a Nikon is you want to do video filming where you will be using the autofocus, they do a lot of "searching" for focus and the focusing motors are noticibly loud if using the build in mic. Canon's are much better at autofocusing during video if that is something you plan on using. The SL1 is not new by any means but is still a superb capable and highly compact DSLR camera if you don't care about gps and wifi sort of things.
On the Koodo plan bandwagon 😉, all aboard!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
tew wrote: You mean they are asking for $400.
Yeah true. You could easily get them to $350. I guarantee you it's people who bought it from Walmart $269&$99 deal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
USB2USB3 wrote: OK, I'd take your suggestion to move "Lava Hot", however, I don't mind getting more downvotes. Because lots of comments are not based on the facts. Like it was selling for as low as $99 for brand new kit and you can get brand new in box of 18-55 lens on Kijiji for less than $100. Just like some of the RFDers would like to offer bonus to buy the mentioned kit or lens.

Just did a quick search and found this combo kit selling for $994.86 on Walmart.ca

What's ur purpose in posting the screnshot of Walmart current price ? Please explain

I guess if ur on the market for - dslr desperately and were about to buy one anyway for $500 this is a satisfactory thing to buy.
May 30, 2015
69 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton, ON
USB2USB3 wrote: OK, I'd take your suggestion to move "Lava Hot", however, I don't mind getting more downvotes. Because lots of comments are not based on the facts. Like it was selling for as low as $99 for brand new kit and you can get brand new in box of 18-55 lens on Kijiji for less than $100. Just like some of the RFDers would like to offer bonus to buy the mentioned kit or lens.

You have to be careful with Walmart's site now. They have listings like best buy where it's not sold by Walmart but a third party. The one posted here isn't sold by Walmart.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
USB2USB3 wrote: Just did a quick search and found this combo kit selling for $994.86 on Walmart.ca

OP, I get your argument -- you're saying you can't buy the same product at this price now. But I think you misunderstand the camera crowd -- the thing is, if you're into DSLR... no one wants or needs an entry dslr now :)

Here are some scenarios:
1) If this will be your first dslr: you have no attachment to canon lenses or bodies -- you have a world full of options and you can definitely wait for the boxing day sale and will get better value
--> You haven't had a dslr up to this point, no rush getting a new one RIGHT NOW. You're really looking score a good deal for a entry level 2016 model. Afterall, shooting at 3200ISO is a need nowadays.

2) This is your second dslr: chances are you took the plunge and already own a full frame canon lens. Maybe you've already been eyeing the 6D for awhile since the MK2 version came out
--> You're eyes are just ignoring these entry level dslrs and waiting to make the next move... decisions, decisions

3) You LOVE your canon gear and invested a lot into it. It is your great grandma's 105 birthday dinner and your dslr broke. You desperately need one for dinner
--> No problemo. Your 5DMK3 was gathering dust on your desk anyways, might as well use it now. Sure, it has less than a million autofocus points, but it will do.
Jun 25, 2012
148 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wait, $99?!

I have a 60D and the kit I got at a screaming price wayyyy back only included the cheap 50MM and stock zoom lens.

Always been watching for the 18-55MM so I can finally use my camera in close situations/for different framing - I'm use to working with the kit lenses anyway.

Wish I could find a deal as cheap as $99 to get a backup camera too, almost as good as my 60D and has a touch screen!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)