Hot Deals

[The Source] D-Link DCS-2670L 1080p 180° Outdoor Weatherproof Wi-Fi Day/Night Camera $194.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2017 5:04 pm
[OP]
Aug 2, 2016
12 posts
22 upvotes

[The Source] D-Link DCS-2670L 1080p 180° Outdoor Weatherproof Wi-Fi Day/Night Camera $194.99

Been looking at different outdoor IP cameras and came across this. Source has the D-Link DCS-2670L 1080p 180° Outdoor Weatherproof Wi-Fi Day/Night Camera for 219.99 until September 13th, which is $20 cheaper than anywhere else. Add the $25 dollar email sign up promo code mentioned in another post, and it seems like a pretty good deal.

First post, so hopefully I've done this right.

Camera: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/smart-ho ... /108069013

Email sign up: https://www.thesource.ca/subscribe?URL= ... m=10797598
6 replies
Apr 9, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
I had multiple dlink cameras setup, all recording to a sharecentre for security purposes. After the share enter stopped working and they no longer supported it I couldn't record anything, only remote view. Sold one camera of three...working on the other two but enjoying the simplicity of a defender wireless system that records 1080p to a 1tb drive it came with and 4 cameras for not much more than single cameras. I think dlink cameras are overpriced.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8574 posts
520 upvotes
FUGTFO wrote: I had multiple dlink cameras setup, all recording to a sharecentre for security purposes. After the share enter stopped working and they no longer supported it I couldn't record anything, only remote view. Sold one camera of three...working on the other two but enjoying the simplicity of a defender wireless system that records 1080p to a 1tb drive it came with and 4 cameras for not much more than single cameras. I think dlink cameras are overpriced.
What's this defender thing u have ? Link? I have a few slink I like cuz it's easy to setup. I'm not tech to do this server stuff :(
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jun 21, 2001
152 posts
8 upvotes
im in the market for a good outdoor wireless with free streaming, non cloud requirement, camera with sd card on device recording for a home backyard. i wonder how this one compares to the netatmo presence. i think the netatmo is a bit better in the reviews. is there any other better ones under $300?

https://www.amazon.com/NETATMO-Presence ... B01L25GOGA
  • Buying or Selling Realestate In Toronto? Visit My Site
  • Friendly and Gentle Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto Visit Here
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1593 posts
311 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
If you want best of both worlds (cloud and local recording) I recommend Nest outdoor cams. This dlink does not offer cloud recording...
Dec 22, 2005
921 posts
127 upvotes
Suggest looking at Foscam or amcrest - both have an outdoor that uses an sd card or purchase cloud options
Aug 26, 2008
559 posts
196 upvotes
Montreal
I'm trying out a couple of Wansview 1080p cameras. They offer cloud storage, but I'm not using it, instead I'm using the open source Motion package, which you can set up without much trouble to capture movement. If you don't mind or like doing some setup (I plan to add some open source image recognition &c to the mix, yet I'll still have better privacy), the Wansview cameras are about $80 each on sale.