Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Edifier MP700 Portable Bluetooth Speaker $69.96 HOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2018 8:24 am
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I really didn't need this, but it's supposedly $230 off!!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
mine came in yesterday & only had a chance to pick it up (local PO) today. am listening to it as I type & I have to say its pretty good. goes loud (for a portable BT speaker) & I'd say this beast would have no issues lighting up the backyard with tunes.

cons are this things is big! did I say big, I meant BIG! the packaging is huge & this is over 2x the size of the Sony h.ear go BT speakers so I'm glad for the handle. SQwise, BT 2 BT, this MP700 is slightly better than the Sony but the Sony is better in USB (& wifi) mode. thats in very initial listening with the Edifier barely into 20mins. I'm optimistic that it'll open up (or tighten up) when it gets more "cooking" hours.

regardless, to me its def worth the $66 I spent.

ps: had no issues pairing up with my phone & Asus chromebook. fwiw, volume works fine with both the devices.
Jan 24, 2008
134 posts
146 upvotes
toyboof wrote: How does the Edifier compare to the Anker Soundcore and Ankder Premium?
The soundcore lasts a long time and is cheap. So that. No range whatsoever, zero bass, which I imagine helps it last so long. It's great for podcasts or in a pinch, that's it. The premium has a terrible internal equalizer to boost bass which gets horribly muddy, it's a shame but it makes it almost unlistenable.

The Edifier is hands down better than both of these.

It is true it's not overly punchy like some other pricey units, but it sounds great and really fills a room. The bass isn't missing, it's just not artificially pumped up.
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
does the fact it doesn't have usb charging and no battery indicator bothering anyone?

guess y'all aren't using it as a portable speaker?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
DPR2017 wrote: does the fact it doesn't have usb charging and no battery indicator bothering anyone?

guess y'all aren't using it as a portable speaker?
usb charging (actually I'd prefer type C PD) would be nice but life doesnt always go our way...esp when its on a 77% off sale! however there is a battery life indicator right by the charging port & will flash whenever its initially powered on.

cant speak for others but I use mine (& will continue to use it) as a porty BT speaker.
Aug 30, 2009
87 posts
174 upvotes
Calgary
A great deal so I jumped at it. Arrived yesterday.

I'm having a problem when playing over Bluetooth on battery power. Pair, play iHeart Radio, after about a minute the speaker turns off/goes into standby. I've tried this on two Android devices with the same results. Has anyone had similar issues?

I try some other experiments but it looks like this one is going back to the source.
Jan 24, 2008
134 posts
146 upvotes
gofishsean wrote: The soundcore lasts a long time and is cheap. So that. No range whatsoever, zero bass, which I imagine helps it last so long. It's great for podcasts or in a pinch, that's it. The premium has a terrible internal equalizer to boost bass which gets horribly muddy, it's a shame but it makes it almost unlistenable.

The Edifier is hands down better than both of these.

It is true it's not overly punchy like some other pricey units, but it sounds great and really fills a room. The bass isn't missing, it's just not artificially pumped up.
UPDATE: I had an extended chance to listen to it last night for quite some time and I'm truly amazed at this speaker. It might have just needed a little burn in time but the bass is not an issue at all, I also think angling it against a hard surface allowed the radiators to bounce off something really helped, another advantage of the angled handle.

This speaker is killer. No regrets at all.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
DRF99 wrote: A great deal so I jumped at it. Arrived yesterday.

I'm having a problem when playing over Bluetooth on battery power. Pair, play iHeart Radio, after about a minute the speaker turns off/goes into standby. I've tried this on two Android devices with the same results. Has anyone had similar issues?

I try some other experiments but it looks like this one is going back to the source.
Have you tried charging it? Maybe the battery is dying.
Aug 30, 2009
87 posts
174 upvotes
Calgary
I charged it for several hours and the battery indicator looks fine but I'll charge it some more.

It works fine when plugged in and fine if I plug it in to start playing and then unplug. I'll see if I can get some info from Edifier.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
DRF99 wrote:
I have the issue with iPhone, and I think it's because the battery drained itself over night. I don't think it auto-turned off as the blue light was still flashing. It works fine after it's been charged overnight.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
The sound from this speaker is great but I can't control the volume from my phone. I have a OnePlus One.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Tempting deal. I use headphones, earphones, bookshelf, or tower speakers for personal listening at home so portable bluetooth speakers make little sense indoors to me, but outdoors/camping/cottage etc I am open to spending some money on a product like this or something more waterproof.
Mar 29, 2013
108 posts
74 upvotes
Surrey
BluePhirePB wrote: The sound from this speaker is great but I can't control the volume from my phone. I have a OnePlus One.
must be your phone.
works fine with my iphone 6s and my zenfone 3
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
SickBeast wrote: Have you tried charging it? Maybe the battery is dying.
good point! my unit came completely drained (ie. does NOT power on at all) so its best to plug it in for a full charge before doing anything else.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
daikon wrote: the problem with all these Edifier speakers is they all have silk doom tweeter, simply not suitable to home listening, they are "monitors"
doom = dome

I don't understand why you would think a silk dome tweeter is not suitable for home listening.

I've seen silk domes used in speakers for years - both in near field monitor type speakers (i.e. on the console in studio or at home on a desktop used with your PC within a meter or two of the listener) and in more traditional "home listening" speakers where you listen from the comfort of your couch several meters away. Before I posted I wanted to make sure I had not missed any evolution in speaker design so I read several articles I could find on the subject, including these two, and I still do not comprehend where you are coming from in making that statement.

https://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/drivers ... materials/

https://www.audioholics.com/av-research ... e-tweeters

In the context of relatively low cost speakers, have I missed something that you could point out?

Aug 19, 2007
100 posts
56 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote: The sound from this speaker is great but I can't control the volume from my phone. I have a OnePlus One.
You are not the only one, this has been discussed earlier in the thread. Some android phones are having issues controlling the volume on the speaker. See below, I like the sound and the price so I am willing to live with this issue!

@swelter66 contacted Edifier support -
Just talked to Edifier tech support in the US. The Rep said the volume problem was an issue that comes up from time to time and was due to difficulties being universally compatible with all Bluetooth chips and versions of os software. The solution is to max out your phone volume and use the physical buttons on the speaker. No firmware update possible. I always thought calling yourself Bluetooth 4.0 compatible implied universal compatibility with other Bluetooth 4.0 capable devices. Now the debate if that is enough to merit a return if you one of those affected.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
cwazyy wrote: You are not the only one, this has been discussed earlier in the thread. Some android phones are having issues controlling the volume on the speaker. See below, I like the sound and the price so I am willing to live with this issue!

@swelter66 contacted Edifier support -
Just talked to Edifier tech support in the US. The Rep said the volume problem was an issue that comes up from time to time and was due to difficulties being universally compatible with all Bluetooth chips and versions of os software. The solution is to max out your phone volume and use the physical buttons on the speaker. No firmware update possible. I always thought calling yourself Bluetooth 4.0 compatible implied universal compatibility with other Bluetooth 4.0 capable devices. Now the debate if that is enough to merit a return if you one of those affected.
Ya, I noticed the discussion in the earlier threads too. Like you, it's a very small price to pay since the sound and design of the speaker is so good. I have my on the bedside stand and use it when I'm in the bedroom so not a lot of volume adjustment required.