Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Gigastone Prime Series SSD 128GB $60, 256GB $100

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2017 4:00 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
gimmesomee wrote: You can only sign up for the coupon online. You must print it off and give it to the rep to get the discount. They are supposed to file your print out.
mwong168 wrote: I signed up a few weeks ago and printed off the email and handed it to the store associate. They didn't even ask for a filler item and guess they knew the recycle fee would put the price over $100 anyways.

Thanks. Didn't know I could print off this coupon and use in store
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2756 posts
867 upvotes
North York
D168 wrote: Thanks. Didn't know I could print off this coupon and use in store
It says right in the email :)

Use promo code XXX during checkout at thesource.ca or print and present this e-mail to the Associate in-store.
Feb 23, 2017
363 posts
457 upvotes
I used the coupon from my phone. He didn't need to enter it into their system, just looked at it, called his manager then reduced 25 off.
May 31, 2017
182 posts
324 upvotes
montreal
thanks OP got a 256gb SSD for $86, there was one left today at noon Montréal place versaille
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
mwong168 wrote: It says right in the email :)

Use promo code XXX during checkout at thesource.ca or print and present this e-mail to the Associate in-store.
Yah, I apparently failed to read past the first half
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Just got a 256gb at Eglinton/Yonge. Didn't need a filler item as there was a $0.75 disposal fee. Total bill with tax 85.59
Apr 21, 2009
80 posts
105 upvotes
billandmeltoo wrote: Thanks....will try tomorrow at store!
Thanks OP and billandmeltoo,

I did the same thing picked up from store and it was good. Seems like a good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
kiasu wrote: what? this one can put in laptop too? sorry...noob here..i thought only for desktop...then i will order one..
Yes.
I actually don't know of any desktop sized (3.5") SSDs.
They're all 2.5" or laptop-sized.
Dec 16, 2007
690 posts
220 upvotes
TO
hanzala27 wrote: I used the coupon from my phone. He didn't need to enter it into their system, just looked at it, called his manager then reduced 25 off.
You are lucky, I did exactly that at Albion mall and was denied. Printed off the coupon and went to Dixie Outlet mall, they took the coupon no issues and told me they have to keep it.
Aug 26, 2010
291 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
aqnd wrote: Yes.
I actually don't know of any desktop sized (3.5") SSDs.
They're all 2.5" or laptop-sized.
There are some. I've only seen them hold 500GB and 1TB though. And they're also super expensive.
Dec 30, 2008
841 posts
545 upvotes
aqnd wrote: Will it really matter?
My SSD of 5 years ago is basically useless to me because of how small it is compared to modern space needs (60GB). It was also like 6x the price of today.
I expect the same will be true in another 5 as they continue to evolve and get cheaper/larger for same money.

Picked one up for my mother's laptop to give her a cheap speed boost.
I bought 3 of these drive a while ago. I actually got 10 years warranty on the drive. There was a small card in the box of the drive that gave more warranty.
One of the drive died, but I couldnt get a rma number for the drive. I filled the rma form twice, with all the right information and proof of purchase and got no response from gigastone.
I will have to bring it back to the source and see what they can do.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
cats_on_burners wrote: I bought 3 of these drive a while ago. I actually got 10 years warranty on the drive. There was a small card in the box of the drive that gave more warranty.
One of the drive died, but I couldnt get a rma number for the drive. I filled the rma form twice, with all the right information and proof of purchase and got no response from gigastone.
I will have to bring it back to the source and see what they can do.
thankx for the input...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
cats_on_burners wrote: I bought 3 of these drive a while ago. I actually got 10 years warranty on the drive. There was a small card in the box of the drive that gave more warranty.
There was no such card in my box. There's a pamphlet which states 5 years warranty.
Sep 20, 2005
249 posts
224 upvotes
xoy74 wrote: There was no such card in my box. There's a pamphlet which states 5 years warranty.

I have the paper that said 10 year too
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4566 posts
1184 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
The box of the SSD states a 10 year warranty as well...
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
cats_on_burners wrote: One of the drive died, but I couldnt get a rma number for the drive. I filled the rma form twice, with all the right information and proof of purchase and got no response from gigastone.
that happened to another RFD'er in a previous sale - it's very easy to "offer" a 10-year warranty, but it's extremely difficult to "enforce" it, especially up here in the frozen north.
Jan 17, 2017
263 posts
237 upvotes
as stated don't need filler item since it has .75 disposal fee. Thus was 75.64+tax=85.59, from store that is.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1671 posts
402 upvotes
Montreal
The warranty is garbage! Nobody answers the phone and they do not get back to you. We have been trying for months to get in touch with them.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
lor74 wrote: The warranty is garbage! Nobody answers the phone and they do not get back to you. We have been trying for months to get in touch with them.
just be lucky you're not this amazon buyer:

'Used one time on new macbookpro 2016, worked first time. After that, when plugged in does not show up. Tried three different enclosures, same results. Needed this for an African safari, no way to get a repleacement before leaving"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)