Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Hisense 48” 1080p LED Smart TV with Roku - $299.99 / $274.99 with coupon (regularly $599.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2017 8:42 pm
Dec 27, 2011
664 posts
542 upvotes
AB
$283.49 shipped to store Smiling Face With Open Mouth This is perfect, have been looking for a decent smart TV for a good price. Although the table we wanted to put the TV on will not fit this upon reading about the tv stands from other RFD'ers.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Just ordered this now. For 275 you can't go wrong. Will be a good Netflix TV in the bedroom. Anyone try Google play movies on it?
Aug 27, 2011
556 posts
157 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
krs wrote: Can somebody who owns this TV comment on the sound quality?
I was actually surprised with it. I expected a tin can but it isn't that bad. Dont expect soundbar or HT quality but for just casual listening it is better than i expected.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Probably a silly question but could you install Kodi on it?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
Definitely need the 35 inches. I had to return the wnd set i got because the tv stand my sister was using was only 33.5 inches and this would not work.

Upgraded my old 40 inch lcd in my family room (not used often) to this to give a little more space and easy to teach mom to use netflix if she likes..

Definitely worth the $330ish all in
Oct 22, 2006
688 posts
305 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: Probably a silly question but could you install Kodi on it?
Cannot install Kodi on Roku.
Dec 14, 2006
871 posts
377 upvotes
I got one last sale.
I did have an issue with a dark spot on the screen (probably damage during shipping).
Online help was good, although I did have to suggest a straight exchange (vs return and re-buy).
Store people were adequate I guess, but not overly helpful or pleasant.

I'm very happy with my exchanged TV. Netflix is surprisingly good...pic quality and no glitching so far.
Maybe just because it's been several years since I bought a new tv, but seems very clear and colors are sharp.
Roku went very smoothly to create an account, add services, etc.
A lit remote would be a nice touch, but it's a minor criticism at this price.
Jul 21, 2009
789 posts
1319 upvotes
krs wrote: Can somebody who owns this TV comment on the sound quality?
I find the sound quality is acceptable for watching news, movies, and TV shows. I set the audio effect setting in the Option menu to "big bass" and I find the audio from the TV speakers decent. If you're into music tours/concerts or not happy with Hisense TV speaker quality, I would add a soundbar or home theater system.
JackWhyte wrote: thanks for that, and I really hate these spindly little legs as they are a) too wide for some of our TV stands and b) actually tested to tip over/slide off more often and be *more dangerous* than standard platform stands. :facepalm:
That's a pet peeve of mine as well. Likely a cost and weight saving measure to avoid including a more stable, but heavier support stand for the TV. My old much heavier LCD TV required four massive quarter inch diameter screws (that would require bolt cutters to cut through) to mount the stand to the TV. The plastic stand was reinforced with a heavy metal plate attached. Now I look at this Hisense TV and other new TVs with a similar stand design and they remind me of office partition panels with pigeon feet-like stands.

The TV is good value for the money though. Picture and color quality is pretty good and audio is decent. You get a built-in media player and have access to streaming/online services. Plus it's much thinner and lighter than my old TV. Only question is durability.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1585 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
The picture quality using Antenna for this TV looks washed out compared to my 8yr old Sony Bravia. However, the HDMI quality looks much better. I haven't tried out the composite connection yet.
Oct 8, 2010
993 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
Do you guys think this is good enough for this tv?

Ikea Lack Tv stand

Prob cheapest tv stand that i can find from ikea which barely is big enough for this tv stand i think...
Jul 21, 2009
789 posts
1319 upvotes
send242me wrote: Do you guys think this is good enough for this tv?

Ikea Lack Tv stand

Prob cheapest tv stand that i can find from ikea which barely is big enough for this tv stand i think...
If you're using HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs only, it may be ok.

For me, the issue is the length and depth of the stand. As mentioned, the LACK stand is just barely large enough to accommodate the feet of the TV. I think the front tips of the feet where they're furthest apart just reaches the front corners of the stand. The angled feet as mounted are 10 inches long in depth when measured perpendicularly from the front tip.

In the IKEA product photo, the stand is placed right against the wall. If you're the only person in the room and need to hook up an old device that requires the red/white/yellow composite connectors on the back, you'll need to move the left side of the TV forward. The HDMI3 input is located back here as well. If you're not careful when moving the TV, the front tip of the left foot of the TV will clear the front edge of the stand right away, since the stand is 10 1/4 inches deep and the TV will tumble over. Bye bye Hisense TV.

Of course, connecting one end of the composite or HDMI3 cable into the TV first before positioning the stand against the wall will resolve this problem. If you don't use composite cable or need the HDMI3 input, then this isn't an issue. If you're able to see the composite connectors or HDMI3 connector and reach back without moving the TV or able to hold down the TV and move both the TV/stand away from the wall at the same time, then it's not a problem either.

You could leave a clearance space of a few inches away from the wall too, but that would increase the chances of knocking the TV over.

Yeah, I could be overthinking this.
Oct 8, 2010
993 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
em-t-wallitt wrote: If you're using HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs only, it may be ok.

For me, the issue is the length and depth of the stand. As mentioned, the LACK stand is just barely large enough to accommodate the feet of the TV. I think the front tips of the feet where they're furthest apart just reaches the front corners of the stand. The angled feet as mounted are 10 inches long in depth when measured perpendicularly from the front tip.

In the IKEA product photo, the stand is placed right against the wall. If you're the only person in the room and need to hook up an old device that requires the red/white/yellow composite connectors on the back, you'll need to move the left side of the TV forward. The HDMI3 input is located back here as well. If you're not careful when moving the TV, the front tip of the left foot of the TV will clear the front edge of the stand right away, since the stand is 10 1/4 inches deep and the TV will tumble over. Bye bye Hisense TV.

Of course, connecting one end of the composite or HDMI3 cable into the TV first before positioning the stand against the wall will resolve this problem. If you don't use composite cable or need the HDMI3 input, then this isn't an issue. If you're able to see the composite connectors or HDMI3 connector and reach back without moving the TV or able to hold down the TV and move both the TV/stand away from the wall at the same time, then it's not a problem either.

You could leave a clearance space of a few inches away from the wall too, but that would increase the chances of knocking the TV over.

Yeah, I could be overthinking this.

Thanks a lot!! I was worried about knocking tv off as there is pretty much no clearance...... I guess I'll look around for bigger size stand to be safe...
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Mine arrives tomorrow. The remote is silly ugly. I'll post after I set mine up.
Feb 7, 2012
762 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
Mine arrived yesterday!
i dont know much about TVs but set up was super quick and easy. Looks pretty clear to me

On question, anyone know what mount i can buy? I want to mount it to the wall, preferably a swivel one so i can point the TV to the kitchen when i'm cooking
I tried to look on this post and the previous post but no one mentioned what mount.. yes i know nothing about mounts either =P
Thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
frugette wrote: Mine arrived yesterday!
i dont know much about TVs but set up was super quick and easy. Looks pretty clear to me

On question, anyone know what mount i can buy? I want to mount it to the wall, preferably a swivel one so i can point the TV to the kitchen when i'm cooking
I tried to look on this post and the previous post but no one mentioned what mount.. yes i know nothing about mounts either =P
Thank you!
I don't have one, but this seems good:

http://www.primecables.com/p-344984-cab ... rimecables
Apr 10, 2004
289 posts
36 upvotes
Got this installed last night, awesome TV for the price! Actually quite impressed with the features, picture and build quality.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
MooNDawG wrote: Got this installed last night, awesome TV for the price! Actually quite impressed with the features, picture and build quality.
Again thank you OP for letting us know of this deal! It was not for me...although I would have jumped on it if I needed a TV...but it made a world of difference to a friend who had no TV...and was watching stuff on just a laptop!

I helped get it for a friend...and helped set it up for her...and this TV is pretty awesome for the price she got it at!

I would have jumped on this ...but I am happy with my 2009 Samsung 52" Series 7 Flagship TV (B750 model) which I bought back in November 2009, which also has a build-in USB media player among other stuff...and I have on the side the flagship Roku box anyway too (the Roku Ultra).

The picture quality of this HiSense Roku TV is good...she is very happy with it and the Roku...and the Roku Private Channels I added for her ;)

I also tried some media movie and TV show files for her on the USB port and they worked perfectly.

I was gonna let her earlier go for the more expensive 39" Insignia Roku TV from Best Buy...but this deal kills that one for sure!

My question for you guys is how do I adjust the picture settings on this TV....there is no menu...I only went into the Roku setting and it shows "brightest" and sound as "stereo"...where is the settings for the picture quality and sound etc. for the TV?

Does anyone have any site or link that has the Best picture calibration settings for this TV model. Thanks in advance for any help! :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Apr 10, 2004
289 posts
36 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Again thank you OP for letting us know of this deal! It was not for me...although I would have jumped on it if I needed a TV...but it made a world of difference to a friend who had no TV...and was watching stuff on just a laptop!

I helped get it for a friend...and helped set it up for her...and this TV is pretty awesome for the price she got it at!

I would have jumped on this ...but I am happy with my 2009 Samsung 52" Series 7 Flagship TV (B750 model) which I bought back in November 2009, which also has a build-in USB media player among other stuff...and I have on the side the flagship Roku box anyway too (the Roku Ultra).

The picture quality of this HiSense Roku TV is good...she is very happy with it and the Roku...and the Roku Private Channels I added for her ;)

I also tried some media movie and TV show files for her on the USB port and they worked perfectly.

I was gonna let her earlier go for the more expensive 39" Insignia Roku TV from Best Buy...but this deal kills that one for sure!

My question for you guys is how do I adjust the picture settings on this TV....there is no menu...I only went into the Roku setting and it shows "brightest" and sound as "stereo"...where is the settings for the picture quality and sound etc. for the TV?

Does anyone have any site or link that has the Best picture calibration settings for this TV model. Thanks in advance for any help! :)
Press the * button on the remote a menu on left hand side pops up, all your pic controls plus advanced settings can be found there. Power saving mode reduces pic quality as well.