[The Source] Kingston HyperX Cloud II $45 off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 9:26 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
65 posts
83 upvotes

[The Source] Kingston HyperX Cloud II $45 off

The actual sale price is only $20 off. However if you sign up to their newsletter with a toss away email you can get an additional $25 off which stacks. So far I haven't seen them much cheaper. The price may vary with environment fees. Here in NB they added $1.50.

The headset is also $119 on Amazon but their regular price is quite inflated. Just picked up a pair tonight as I wasn't happy with my crappy pair of Sade's from Amazon and these work great!

These work on PS4, PC and Xbox One.
Last edited by arkhira on Sep 18th, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24 replies
Dec 21, 2009
265 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
great headset but they can feel pretty damn tight

not the type of headphones you can casually leave around your neck between games or something
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
65 posts
83 upvotes
I have quite a large head and don't find them very tight but they are tighter than some headsets like Logitech. However wearing them on my neck in between matches is a little uncomfortable. They are not as relaxed as some other headsets. However I do like the fact that most parts are replacable such as the mic. Also the headband is aluminium so won't break like turtle beaches do.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1723 posts
175 upvotes
Picked up the cloud core version on the weekend for $45. How do these compare?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
May 26, 2016
8 posts
6 upvotes
cns187 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 8:14 am
Picked up the cloud core version on the weekend for $45. How do these compare?
i think the only difference is the more expensive version comes with pass through box that adda 7.1 surround sound, which most people dont even want afaik. i think the core version on sale is the way to go. these sound very good for the price.
Jan 12, 2017
70 posts
134 upvotes
arkhira wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 10:03 am
This post here sums up the differences: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gaming_Headset ... d_cloud_2/
Good post and read the first few comments. The audio cut out on both of my Cloud headsets within 1-3 months as well as those people. While the rest of the headset is built well and sounds great, the cord is a cheap piece of garbage and the connector stops transmitting signals. No direct volume control for console gamers either. I'm much happier with the Sony Golds which had a reputation of not being durable but have held up WAY better than these ones (and are wireless). It's a shame too since they sounded great. They should have made the cord replaceable on the headsets but they aren't.
May 10, 2013
528 posts
149 upvotes
I've got this Cloud II headset and i really like it. Been using it now for over a year and still awesome. Decided to buy the Core from newegg @ $29.99 as back up.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
2490 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Rsnav09 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 11:45 am
I've got this Cloud II headset and i really like it. Been using it now for over a year and still awesome. Decided to buy the Core from newegg @ $29.99 as back up.
When was the core $29.99? That is really good price
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
May 10, 2013
528 posts
149 upvotes
It was under the original thread under page 2.

HyperX
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 12:01 pm
When was the core $29.99? That is really good price
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44257 posts
3272 upvotes
Toronto
rudyjuly1972 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 10:50 am
Good post and read the first few comments. The audio cut out on both of my Cloud headsets within 1-3 months as well as those people. While the rest of the headset is built well and sounds great, the cord is a cheap piece of garbage and the connector stops transmitting signals. No direct volume control for console gamers either. I'm much happier with the Sony Golds which had a reputation of not being durable but have held up WAY better than these ones (and are wireless). It's a shame too since they sounded great. They should have made the cord replaceable on the headsets but they aren't.
Did you RMA both? Was it an easy process?
Jan 12, 2017
70 posts
134 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 1:18 pm
Did you RMA both? Was it an easy process?
I did. Kingston actually had good support there and after the replacement broke they sent me a refund.
Nov 24, 2014
156 posts
78 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Bought one of these 18 months ago and they still work great for me. As bbmello pointed out, I also find them a bit tight. Headset is very sturdy and I like the fact that they used corded cables. I also appreciate having the choice of 2 different sets of ear cups, as I much prefer the velour cups to the default leatherette ones.
Sep 28, 2016
25 posts
6 upvotes
I bought those headset few weeks ago and returned them... they are really tight on your ears