Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Logitech Harmony 650 remote control $59.99 (free shipping). Also, YMMV for additional free $25 gift card.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 11:00 am
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Logitech Harmony 650 remote control $59.99 (free shipping). Also, YMMV for additional free $25 gift card.

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/cables-an ... /p/1500007

$59.99 for the Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote at The Source.

It often goes on sale for this price, a few times a year, and in fact was this price at Best Buy around Black Friday just a couple of weeks ago. However, I missed the deal. Currently on sale at Best Buy and Amazon.ca for $79.99, and other places have it at full price at $99.99.

Free standard shipping to home, or else free shipping to store. For me, both have an estimated delivery date of Dec. 13 (ordered Dec. 9). (Express shipping to home is $14.99, at least for my home, but it's pointless and it's too much money, since the shipping date is just one day quicker and $15 represents 25% the cost of the product.)

---

Also, there is an in-store $25 gift card deal available, if you spend over $50, and this item is eligible. If you got the email for the promotion, then you are eligible. If you didn't get it, you still may be able to get the gift card. I didn't have an account so I didn't get the email, but I printed off the ad as posted here and that was good enough for the salesperson I spoke with. They took my email address and said I'd get an email with the gift card info between the 15th and the 19th of December. This gift card thing is definitely YMMV though. Note that one person got lucky and was able to get the $25 GC applied at the time of purchase, so the purchase price was only $34.99, but don't count on that.
Last edited by EugW on Dec 9th, 2016 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
100 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Dell: $100
Best Buy: $80
Amazon: $80
Wal-Mart: $95
2001 Audio Video: $80
Newegg: $90
Visions: $100
Memory Express: $100
NCIX: $88
Canada Computers: $80
Crutchfield: $100

So it seems that aside from the anomalous $60 at The Source, the sale price floor is now $80. YMMV for price matching at places like Best Buy.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
Going to pick one up in store and combine with e-mail offer of 25$ promo card with in store purchase of 50+
Feb 29, 2016
192 posts
102 upvotes
stevstevd wrote: Going to pick one up in store and combine with e-mail offer of 25$ promo card with in store purchase of 50+
Where/how can I get this email promo code?
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
not really sure, I just got it in my email inbox yesterday. It did say "exclusively for you" so not sure if it was sent to everyone on a source mailing list. Actually, I just got the email again today... so it seems as though its a source thing.

"Promotional VIP Bonus Card can then be redeemed from December 26, 2016 to June 30, 2017 so be sure to visit us again soon. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can be used in-store or online @ thesource.ca. VIP Bonus Card cannot be used to buy regular Gift Cards or pre-paid airtime cards, mobile phone plans or security deposits. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon, discount, special price or promotion."
Nov 30, 2009
292 posts
390 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
stevstevd wrote: not really sure, I just got it in my email inbox yesterday. It did say "exclusively for you" so not sure if it was sent to everyone on a source mailing list. Actually, I just got the email again today... so it seems as though its a source thing.

"Promotional VIP Bonus Card can then be redeemed from December 26, 2016 to June 30, 2017 so be sure to visit us again soon. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can be used in-store or online @ thesource.ca. VIP Bonus Card cannot be used to buy regular Gift Cards or pre-paid airtime cards, mobile phone plans or security deposits. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon, discount, special price or promotion."
This was a promotion The Source was doing last month, I think it was spend $100 and you receive a $25 gift code to use starting December 1st. I received the code and am thinking of doing the same thing with this remote, I've had my 650 for years but the side buttons are starting to get very hard to push.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
Guy In A Bucket wrote: This was a promotion The Source was doing last month, I think it was spend $100 and you receive a $25 gift code to use starting December 1st. I received the code and am thinking of doing the same thing with this remote, I've had my 650 for years but the side buttons are starting to get very hard to push.
interesting... the promo I have though requires only spending 50, and its on this weekend only.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
This is surely tempting. I've a Harmony One right now, but the LCD recently broke. I also thought I'd like the touch screen when I bought it, but having used the touchscreen I can say I'm not a big fan. Still, I like the rechargeable aspect.

How long do batteries typically last in a 650?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
stevstevd wrote: not really sure, I just got it in my email inbox yesterday. It did say "exclusively for you" so not sure if it was sent to everyone on a source mailing list. Actually, I just got the email again today... so it seems as though its a source thing.

Isn't it only valid from the 26th on though, so you won't be able to use it here?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
TCWeasel wrote: How long do batteries typically last in a 650?
Long enough. My usage is very low since I only use it for the basement home theater (living room TV is much more used), but the batteries will last around 4 months.

It uses 2x AA, so it isn't exactly expensive. I wouldn't waste rechargeable batteries in it since they might expire before you start saving money vs disposable batteries.
Jan 11, 2009
839 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
TCWeasel wrote: This is surely tempting. I've a Harmony One right now, but the LCD recently broke. I also thought I'd like the touch screen when I bought it, but having used the touchscreen I can say I'm not a big fan. Still, I like the rechargeable aspect.

How long do batteries typically last in a 650?
I use eneloops and they last me less than a month - mainly cause i control 6 devices and there are tons of clicks with apple tv/kodi etc. but if you have light usage they will last a couple months
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
EugW wrote: Dell: $100
Best Buy: $80
Amazon: $80
Wal-Mart: $95
2001 Audio Video: $80
Newegg: $90
Visions: $100
Memory Express: $100
NCIX: $88
Canada Computers: $80
Crutchfield: $100

So it seems that aside from the anomalous $60 at The Source, the sale price floor is now $80. YMMV for price matching at places like Best Buy.
Never a problem for me at bb. I always get it done in store though, have the girl at the service desk order what ever is 'available on line only' fort me. But this remote is stocked instore so should be no problem.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Jan 11, 2009
839 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
we have dropped this remote (kids) about twice a week for the last 3 years and its still rock solid. its easy to program and can literally control anything (except the fire TV where you need another piece of hardware).
i think this is the lowest its been
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Supaaman wrote: Where/how can I get this email promo code?
I'm not sure if targeted but i got the email and today a reminder.
Images
  • thesource25$.jpg
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
TCWeasel wrote: Isn't it only valid from the 26th on though, so you won't be able to use it here?
exactly... Its a promo card they give you when you spend 50+. So its already a decent price, and I get 25$ for free next year or maybe something worth getting on boxing day, etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
It's definitely worth the $60, but just to put things in perspective, I have seen this model on sale as low as $20, and even on sale at The Source as low as $40. We have several Harmony remotes, including a 700 (identical to the 650 except with rechargeable AA NiMh batteries) that we picked up from the Shaw store for $24 a couple of years ago. If it broke I'd probably be willing to pay $60 for the replacement, but if it was more than that I'd probably wait for a sale.
Dec 15, 2010
344 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you're in desperate need for a universal remote, I'd say wait until boxing day as it usually goes for $49.99 and for much less if you buy second hand.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
4100 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
This was also $59.99 during Black Friday at Amazon/Best Buy. Got one back then and really like it. Excellent remote for $60.
Oct 29, 2006
113 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
no code required, anyone can get this $25 gift card deal in store (according to store associate).

even better, at exchange tower, the $25 was applied directly to my purchase, so final cost was $39 after tax.
May 15, 2015
36 posts
18 upvotes
Guelph, ON
My two cents, I may have just been unlucky but I've used two of these (thinking the first one was not working properly) and have found them to be the worst universal remote ever. My wife changes the batteries once a month and every time you do it makes you go through its tutorial all over again. When you've done it 50+ times, "press this arrow, now try this, blah blah," you want to just throw the thing across the room. If you have anything behind a glass door, it has trouble. TV will turn on but Rogers digital box stays off. Then you have to press help + 2, 3 buttons to get it working properly.

Anyway, good deal for minimum use but if you are using it every day, I'd look elsewhere. I grabbed the Ultimate with the wifi hub for 129 two weeks ago. Couldn't be happier. Can turn things on from anywhere with no troubles and change battery once a year.

I know this isn't a place for reviews, but I like you guys. Don't want anyone else feeling our pain! We spent $100 on this remote twice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)