Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Samsung Dex 50% off $100 after email sign up

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 1:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1263 posts
244 upvotes
GTA

[The Source] Samsung Dex 50% off $100 after email sign up

Samsung Dex is on sale 50% off at The Source. Eg Bestbuy is selling this at $250.
This would be useful for Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8 users.

Edit: thanks to Saad1988 and Jep4444, you can sign up for The Source email subscription and get $25 off $100 coupon to bring this down to $100 before tax.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/cell-pho ... /108067955
Last edited by Maelstrom on Nov 16th, 2017 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2723 posts
1097 upvotes
PSP discount is 10% on it reducing the price to $112.49. You can also apply $25 sign up bonus. Total price $87.50 + tax.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Fair warning. I bought this piece of garbage last time it was on sale. Myself like many others have a DOA unit. And have to send to Samsung for replacement. Haven't gotten around to it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
shylok wrote: Fair warning. I bought this piece of garbage last time it was on sale. Myself like many others have a DOA unit. And have to send to Samsung for replacement. Haven't gotten around to it.
Why didn't you return it to The Source?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
immortal_kssss wrote: Why didn't you return it to The Source?
Was from mobile fun website. Different deal here on RFD. But reading online, lots of people get doa units of these. Quality control seems nonexistent
Feb 8, 2013
258 posts
118 upvotes
Saad1988 wrote: PSP discount is 10% on it reducing the price to $112.49. You can also apply $25 sign up bonus. Total price $87.50 + tax.
What is PSP discount? How can I apply this $25 sign up bonus as when I registered, there was no promo stating such?

More details please.......

Kev
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
Saad1988 wrote: PSP discount is 10% on it reducing the price to $112.49. You can also apply $25 sign up bonus. Total price $87.50 + tax.
I don't believe those can be stacked anymore, I think the coupon was updated so it will not work with PSP. So $100 may be the best you can do.
okko08 wrote: What is PSP discount? How can I apply this $25 sign up bonus as when I registered, there was no promo stating such?

More details please.......

Kev
The source sends $25 off $100 coupons if you signup for their mailing list. The PSP discount involves jumping through some hoops but if you sign up for the program(there is link somewhere on their site), you need a validation code(usually can be found on google) and they give you a random percentage off(between 0 and 20% off usually) depending on the item being purchased. Probably not worth the effort since the mailing list discount is greater though for this item.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand the point to this device, is it for folks without tablets or laptops?
Feb 8, 2013
258 posts
118 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: I don't believe those can be stacked anymore, I think the coupon was updated so it will not work with PSP. So $100 may be the best you can do.

The source sends $25 off $100 coupons if you signup for their mailing list. The PSP discount involves jumping through some hoops but if you sign up for the program(there is link somewhere on their site), you need a validation code(usually can be found on google) and they give you a random percentage off(between 0 and 20% off usually) depending on the item being purchased. Probably not worth the effort since the mailing list discount is greater though for this item.

Thanks for quick reply

Kev
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
I wasn't going to buy one but 50% off and $25 off made me open my wallet.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1263 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
gnuman wrote: I wasn't going to buy one but 50% off and $25 off made me open my wallet.
Yes, and i need to redo my order.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
shylok wrote: Fair warning. I bought this piece of garbage last time it was on sale. Myself like many others have a DOA unit. And have to send to Samsung for replacement. Haven't gotten around to it.
Man its a good thing samsung spends billions on advertising, they keep putting out garbage yet people just seem to forget.
Aug 21, 2011
854 posts
232 upvotes
Dont bother with the official dex dock, you can get third party ones MUCH cheaper.

I have this one which also works on the nintendo Switch, works great https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B075V4SZKB/
I'm sure you can find it for probably half the price from the usual chinese shipping sources if you can wait longer.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1055 posts
603 upvotes
Halifax
I bought one of the original versions of these that came out around the Note II release. Samsung never properly supported it, and *never* updated it, so while it is a cool idea, that's about as far as they go.
I had hoped to be able to use my Note as my "everything" computer. But this never quite got it right. I can only assume this one will be handled about as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1524 posts
2465 upvotes
Hell
Have had trouble of late with $25 off code applying with on-sale items. Didn't work for me using my phone or tablet; however, just worked on a pc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)