Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Samsung HT-J4500 Home Entertainment System with Blu-Ray Player - Open Box - $75 with sign-up coupon

[OP]
May 17, 2009
336 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Samsung HT-J4500 Home Entertainment System with Blu-Ray Player - Open Box - $75 with sign-up coupon

RFD seemed to like this deal last time
LINK
Filler
Newsletter sign up

86 replies
Nov 12, 2016
178 posts
93 upvotes
Open box means box just opened or damaged.....or the product have been used and selling as refurbished?
Mar 25, 2010
720 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
I guess mass people returned it from last time purchased? Anything wrong with this product?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2160 posts
653 upvotes
Mississauga
SumeetJ918740 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:15 am
Open box means box just opened or damaged.....or the product have been used and selling as refurbished?
Alot of us who ordered from the old thread received brand new boxes (internal components such as remotes, cables, etc we're all still factory sealed).

I ordered 2 and both were brand new
Mar 25, 2010
720 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
I got it and it's brand new item. I think many other people got it as brand new as well.
Nov 12, 2016
178 posts
93 upvotes
mau_mau wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:16 am
Alot of us who ordered from the old thread received brand new boxes (internal components such as remotes, cables, etc we're all still factory sealed).

I ordered 2 and both were brand new
Thx for clarifying that .I will take a chance too ...BTW how is the quality ....I want something that's decent
May 18, 2005
520 posts
60 upvotes
Looks good with HDMI ARC.
Oct 6, 2006
59 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener
I picked one up last week and I'm loving it so far.
Oct 5, 2014
163 posts
152 upvotes
Ontario
Just bought another one. Mine was brand new last time too.
May 29, 2009
81 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I think refurbished means some factory defects fixed or tiny dent that skipped the QC process. Open box means products passed the QC process but the package is opened at retail level and could have missing items (rare but possible)

Thanks OP. Bought one.

ps. anyone know the length of the surround speaker cables?
phamou wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:33 am
Sony BDVE3100 Home Theatre in a Box also at 99$.

its indicated as Refurbished whereas the Samsung is Open Box

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/deal-cen ... /108019832

which one is better?
Last edited by tempchum on Sep 26th, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 18, 2012
815 posts
397 upvotes
MARKHAM
i also purchased this and everything was pretty much sealed inside the box. the box wasn't in the greatest condition though if that matters.

i do have a question for those that have also purchased this, in regards to connecting the speakers.

the cable splits into two with a wire on each end, which i'm assuming goes into the red and black switch behind the speaker. does it matter which end goes in which color? do i just push the wire in and close the switch on it?

sorry for the noob question, never used those kind of wires before.
Feb 7, 2008
596 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Sorry, noob with home sound systems, but can I output sound from my tv via optical cable? I currently have a soundbar, but would like this for my second tv. Basically, I would like to use this as an audio out for watching anything on my tv (nvidia shield, built in netflix on the tv, ps3/ps4, etc), so anything that connects to my tv via hdmi, I'd like to output the audio via optical cable.
Mar 25, 2010
720 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
what's their return policy for the so called open box item?
Oct 7, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
TORONTO
l2iceman wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:12 am
Sorry, noob with home sound systems, but can I output sound from my tv via optical cable? I currently have a soundbar, but would like this for my second tv. Basically, I would like to use this as an audio out for watching anything on my tv (nvidia shield, built in netflix on the tv, ps3/ps4, etc), so anything that connects to my tv via hdmi, I'd like to output the audio via optical cable.
Yes, this has an optical cable input. I have it connected to my TV via optical out (Haier 55" also from RFD) and it passes the audio to the Samsung unit fine.