Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Sonos Open Box 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2017 6:58 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3274 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
newfbc wrote: How does it look? New? Used?

Ron.
It looks new, the cloth packaging inside was still sealed!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2720 upvotes
Pallet Town
Received my two Play 1s today. Both units were still in the cloth packaging, but it looks like one was taken out and put back in (the black sticker was not as sticky and slightly off center). The other one's outer box had a hole in it, like something fell on it and was taped shut, but it looks like it was never opened. Both the units themselves are like new, so no complaints here.
May 31, 2016
613 posts
602 upvotes
Hawk25 wrote: You must have a huge place if the Play 3 volume isn't enough. I have one and I've never put the volume slider more than half way
I live in the country. I'm using it in a safe location to fill my yard. I'm not noticing any difference in volume between it and the play 1.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Got my 4 play1's today. Only opened the single white one and it looked brand new. The cloth bag had masking tape on the top to keep the flap down. Other than that, the power cord looked unused.

Haven't had time to open the other 3 black ones but I'm guessing they will be mint also.

Wish I had not bought the 2 at almost full price during boxing week.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Feb 2, 2017
560 posts
746 upvotes
Just received mine. Both of my Play 3s were open box but looks unused. One is still sealed inside the bag, the other seems to be opened, but none of the cords look used.

EDIT: One was brand new unopened (box was opened but plastic inside wasn't). Other was set up previously but looks brand new.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Opened up my 3 black play 1's

2 looked brand new
One was clearly used as the bag was missing and it had alot of the cardboard fuzz on the bottom of the speaker, could be from not having a bag. There were some scratches on it too. But the cords were unused.

Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Can I connect 3 play 1's together? It seems not when I try. And can't find anything when I google.
May 31, 2016
613 posts
602 upvotes
Answers wrote: Can I connect 3 play 1's together? It seems not when I try. And can't find anything when I google.
Do you mean connect them as one speaker unit? No. You can only con next two play ones for speakers. You can group them together though, just like any other sonos.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: Do you mean connect them as one speaker unit? No. You can only con next two play ones for speakers. You can group them together though, just like any other sonos.
by group together, do you mean if I push the play button on one speaker, the other 2 will play also?
May 31, 2016
613 posts
602 upvotes
Answers wrote: by group together, do you mean if I push the play button on one speaker, the other 2 will play also?
That's what the apps for. You control the speakers through them. Group, play, pause, volume, music source, etc. The buttons are mostly pointless.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: That's what the apps for. You control the speakers through them. Group, play, pause, volume, music source, etc. The buttons are mostly pointless.
I find the play button usefull. If im listenting to a radio station on the sonos, and im done, I just push the pause button and it stops. Then the next day if I want to resume listening to the station, I just push play, I don't have to look for my phone to load up the app and wait for it to connect and refresh and all the rest of that jazz.

My question is, how do I group? I have 2 play1's in stereo in my family room. When I try to setup the third speaker in my family room it wants to either pair with another single speaker I have in the garage, or create a new room. How would I group so the three work seamlessly together?
May 31, 2016
613 posts
602 upvotes
Answers wrote: I find the play button usefull. If im listenting to a radio station on the sonos, and im done, I just push the pause button and it stops. Then the next day if I want to resume listening to the station, I just push play, I don't have to look for my phone to load up the app and wait for it to connect and refresh and all the rest of that jazz.

My question is, how do I group? I have 2 play1's in stereo in my family room. When I try to setup the third speaker in my family room it wants to either pair with another single speaker I have in the garage, or create a new room. How would I group so the three work seamlessly together?
Create a new room. Once the room is created you can group it with your stereo set and ungroup as you like.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: Create a new room. Once the room is created you can group it with your stereo set and ungroup as you like.
thanks boss, i'll try that. I googled it but couldn't find what I was looking for, guess I never asked the right question
Jun 2, 2008
66 posts
7 upvotes
markham
anyone looking to sell their play 1's in the GTA? pm me.
Mar 21, 2016
373 posts
213 upvotes
Yvr
I received my play 3, it's been used, minor scratches as well.
I compare this play 3 with another one i bought earlier this year, this open boxed one sound quite better than the original one i had. Anyone try to make a comparison?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
This was an awesome deal. I ordered 4 1's (to go with the 2 3's I already had).. boxes were a bit messy and are last gen design, but the speakers inside were in new condition never removed from the cloth bags.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1735 posts
254 upvotes
Winnipeg
It was, I wish I got more hah. Missed the Play1's. If anyone is getting rid of anything let me know.

One Play3 was still sealed, one was with the bag, one lacked the bag. Only one power cord looked used.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
If anyone wanna get rid of theirs. Let me know :p
hated on but respected.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)