• Feb 25th, 2019 5:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1116 posts
614 upvotes
St Catharines

[The Source] Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Xbox One - $18.00

The Source has the Xbox One version of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy on sale for $18.00. Sold out online but there seems to be store stock.

The Source cleared out the PS4 version for $20 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like this is a best-ever price.
14 replies
Mar 15, 2010
645 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks but tired of these friggin Source “deals”. If the stars are aligned right, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you may get a copy. Frankly not worth my time and effort to hunt around. For what its worth the game is fun, the one and only game my wife plays. Got for $30 boxing day. Worth the $18, if you can find it ...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1116 posts
614 upvotes
St Catharines
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 9:36 pm
Thanks but tired of these friggin Source “deals”. If the stars are aligned right, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you may get a copy. Frankly not worth my time and effort to hunt around. For what its worth the game is fun, the one and only game my wife plays. Got for $30 boxing day. Worth the $18, if you can find it ...
Two of my local stores each had a copy but neither one of them had updated the price.

Niagara Falls should still have their copy.
Oct 14, 2017
307 posts
266 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Totally agree. The Source deals are useless.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1116 posts
614 upvotes
St Catharines
I'm surprised that everyone is so down on this deal.

The Source was clearing the PS4 version for $20 a week and a half ago. People were going crazy for it and there was a lot less stock than there is now. Should be a relatively easy PM at Best Buy.
Jun 22, 2009
328 posts
162 upvotes
I ve never had a problem price matching at best buy. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Thanks but tired of these friggin Source “deals”. If the stars are aligned right, maybe, JUST MAYBE, you may get a copy.
Agreed, and I was online when the price changed for all these games, and they were OOS online then just as they are OOS online now - and never trust the store stock indicator (no stores have it near me anyway) as it can be it can be out anywhere from days to a week.

Posting Source deals on long-OOS games is like posting flea market finds.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1116 posts
614 upvotes
St Catharines
JackWhyte wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 11:24 am
Agreed, and I was online when the price changed for all these games, and they were OOS online then just as they are OOS online now - and never trust the store stock indicator (no stores have it near me anyway) as it can be it can be out anywhere from days to a week.

Posting Source deals on long-OOS games is like posting flea market finds.
This is no longer the case. Yesterday afternoon, online stock was showing limited for one store in St. Catharines and one in Niagara Falls. I bought the one copy they had at the St. Catharines store at around 6pm. Checked stock when I got home an hour later and that store was no longer showing available stock.

If their system is showing limited stock, they have at least one copy on-hand. If the store says otherwise, it was either stolen or is being hidden in their back room.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1188 posts
226 upvotes
I was able to get a copy, the stock said Limited online and it was the only copy left.

I already have a 29.99$ PS4 preorder that I bought last year but I'll sell that version and keep the xbox. Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1116 posts
614 upvotes
St Catharines
Kudos to whoever it was that got the copy from the Niagara Falls store. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 30, 2006
665 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Lucked out in East T.O. The Source near me doesn't carry many games but I stopped in on a whim and they had one copy priced at $40. CSR rung it up at $18. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1438 posts
1163 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Darn, thesource took it off the site, no price showing, can't price match now :(
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
daddyho24 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 11:49 am
This is no longer the case. Yesterday afternoon, online stock was showing limited for one store in St. Catharines and one in Niagara Falls. I bought the one copy they had at the St. Catharines store at around 6pm. Checked stock when I got home an hour later and that store was no longer showing available stock.
Then the Toronto/GTA area runs on an updated system, as the last time I bought a couple of PS4 and 3DS games on sale, it took almost 2 days for it to update stock online.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
Sep 7, 2017
130 posts
61 upvotes
I was able to pick up a copy in Kitchener. Thanks OP. My wife was interested in a game for herself and almost bought it from EB games couple days ago.