Thebrick.com online order wont be processed due to wrong pricing

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2013 11:32 am
Tags:
None
Dec 29, 2007
49 posts
3 upvotes
HeavenLeigh wrote: The brick is a crappy company that sells over priced cheap quality crap. They should have honored their mistakes like most major companies do, and if not at least offer some sort of compensation for the current order not something in the future like really? screw you I'm not gonna order from you again.

As a business they should be more careful, and the fact that these erroneous mistakes can easily be made without them suffering any consequences means that at any time they can arbitrarily change the price of somehing or engage in some other shady business activity that Benefits them and screws the customer. I hope they lose more business because of this because they were 100% wrong.
How exactly did this error benefit them? They got orders cancelled, they gave out 10% off future purchases to those affected, they got bad press, they lost some customers. Errors occur. We all make mistakes. I've never bought from them so can't comment on the quality of their merchandise. From the times I've been in the stores, it seems they offer the same stuff as their competitors.
Dec 25, 2009
163 posts
27 upvotes
topspin wrote: ... All those affected by this error did agree to purchase their item at the price posted when they clicked 'add to cart' ...
'add to cart' is not an agreement to purchase

they agreed to purchase when shown the total, they paid, and were provided a receipt
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
If they aren't going to honour the pricing error, then they should offer the discount on the original purchase, not a future one.
Dec 25, 2009
163 posts
27 upvotes
topspin wrote: How exactly did this error benefit them? They got orders cancelled, they gave out 10% off future purchases to those affected, they got bad press, they lost some customers. Errors occur. We all make mistakes.
you made a mistake, he was not saying this error benefits them
Mars2012 wrote: If they aren't going to honour the pricing error, then they should offer the discount on the original purchase, not a future one.
agreed
Feb 12, 2007
296 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
My online order status still says "Complete" and "Estimated delivery date" is still set.. How is it not a "completed" order if 5 days later I've only got a voicemail and nothing else changed?

Biggest issue I have because of them is that I didnt buy anywhere else... Since I didnt hear about this fiasco on the news and only yesterday I got a call from Brick.
Now Boxing Day is over, stuff either sold out or doesnt have a big discount anymore. So Brick robbed me of a Boxing Day..

I will definitely try to sue them.
:cool: