Food & Drink

Is there electric knife can cut chicken bones?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2007 2:19 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
15 upvotes
Scarborough

Is there electric knife can cut chicken bones?

I like to roast my own chickens, but want to cut them up into nice even portions like they do when I buy a Chinese soy chicken. Don't have strength or sharp cleaver to chop through the bones.

Has anyone heard whether there's an electric knife that can do this? Also the banging when I chop on the counter in my kitchen surely upsets my apartment neighbours.

Thanks.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
4 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Instead of an electric knife (which will only create a mess if you are really tring to slash through bones), you may want to look into a good pair of kitchen shear. One rather underrated kitchen tool
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2005
3243 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
NDman wrote:
Jan 27th, 2007 9:44 am
Instead of an electric knife (which will only create a mess if you are really tring to slash through bones), you may want to look into a good pair of kitchen shear. One rather underrated kitchen tool
+2

Kitchen shears are fantastic!!! :)
It's called "Google", use it before wasting my time. ;)

And yet another blog.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
ya, pretty much any bbq chicken joitn i've been to always uses shears to cut through the breast bones and what not... otherwise you'd need something like a large chinese cleaver
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5409 posts
171 upvotes
BC
IronMac wrote:
Jan 27th, 2007 3:11 pm
+2

Kitchen shears are fantastic!!! :)
+3

i was about to recommend this when i saw the topic.
i've only had mine for a couple of years, but i often wonder how i ever got along without them!
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3316 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond
If I wanted to chop up a chicken leg, would shears actually be able to cut through the bone of the drumstick?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
15 upvotes
Scarborough
Hehe ... I was thinking of buying a small axe from Home Hardware for the thigh and drumstick bones ... any comments?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2500 posts
128 upvotes
M@rk wrote:
Jan 28th, 2007 4:38 pm
If I wanted to chop up a chicken leg, would shears actually be able to cut through the bone of the drumstick?
The bone would probably slip out. I'd recommend a big chopping knife for that..
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
Muncher wrote:
Jan 28th, 2007 4:47 pm
Hehe ... I was thinking of buying a small axe from Home Hardware for the thigh and drumstick bones ... any comments?
Yeah, one miss and you'll only be able to count to nine...
× < >