Automotive

Is there a high quality snow brush that won't scratch your car?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 11:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1459 posts
160 upvotes

Is there a high quality snow brush that won't scratch your car?

I feel like these cheap snow brushes witht he course bristles can scratch the paint and palstics of a car and from some articles i read online about them in general.

Is there a high qualiy one that is less course or alternative for those of us who have no garage?

saw this at canadian tire but still skeptical: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/garan ... ml#Reviews
31 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21542 posts
2306 upvotes
You still have to use the plastic part on your windows to get the ice off Disappointed But Relieved Face

Doing this on a new car and you see the scratches all over the window ..Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

It's the cost of living in Canada......
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19065 posts
4165 upvotes
Thornhill
Get a winter beater. There is no solution to parking outside during the winter and saving your paint.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7030 posts
1227 upvotes
Stratmosphere Ultimate boars hair brush were selling for $49.00usd if you want to spend the cash.
For those wanting to save, then the best brush is a $17.99 Dip N' Wash car washing brush, it even has rubber side trim to protect it from marring your paint.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/simon ... 8507p.html
I bought bunch of these when they had at my local supermarket for $4.99
I am an auto detailer and any brush not matter how soft will mar and swirl the paint, best to just remove the 90% of the snow with a Wash N' Dip brush and then the last 1/2" covering with your mitt.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1459 posts
160 upvotes
EdT586 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:16 pm
Stratmosphere Ultimate boars hair brush were selling for $49.00usd if you want to spend the cash.
For those wanting to save, then the best brush is a $17.99 Dip N' Wash car washing brush, it even has rubber side trim to protect it from marring your paint.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/simon ... 8507p.html
I bought bunch of these when they had at my local supermarket for $4.99
I am an auto detailer and any brush not matter how soft will mar and swirl the paint, best to just remove the 90% of the snow with a Wash N' Dip brush and then the last 1/2" covering with your mitt.
i didnt even think of wash brushes! the 49 dollar boar brush....you suggesting a hair brush to clean snow off the car? lol
Gee wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:21 pm
That’s a good brush and it won’t scratch your paint. I have one
this one same thing? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/garan ... p.html#srp
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20437 posts
140516 upvotes
GTA
I have the one linked in the OP and it seems to be fine.

If you are really anal about it, I have seen a few people using their leaf blowers, but of course that is only going to help you if you are at home, unless you are going to carry a cordless one around in your car, LOL
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7030 posts
1227 upvotes
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:38 pm
i didnt even think of wash brushes! the 49 dollar boar brush....you suggesting a hair brush to clean snow off the car? lol
LoL ...no it's made out of boar's hair, the brush was made for detailing paint enthusiasts !
If you're really hip get a battery or gas powered leaf blower ...LoL
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5010 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:38 pm
this one same thing? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/garan ... p.html#srp
Yes they’re both the same. Only difference is the telescoping feature in the first one. I actually own the second one.

There is nothing but foam rubber on the front and literally impossible to scratch the paint.
Last edited by Gee on Dec 10th, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2006
323 posts
215 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gee wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 6:43 pm
There is nothing on but foam rubber in the front and literally impossible to scratch the paint.
That's only true if there's absolutely no dirt or any other contaminant in the snow or on the car under the snow.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5010 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
warpdwhim wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 7:05 pm
That's only true if there's absolutely no dirt or any other contaminant in the snow or on the car under the snow.
I’ve never seen snow fall contaminated with dirt. Even if it there was dirt in the clouds and it lands on your car, it will not be the brush that scratches the paint.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21269 posts
2088 upvotes
The foam snow joe brush has not caused any issues with my paint.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5451 posts
1622 upvotes
Space
A good coat or 2 of wax and I’ve yet to scratch the paint on my car with those cheap wood snow brushes.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
Put on some gloves and remove the snow and ice with your hands.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!