Off Topic

Are there other places in the GTA that sell hard liquor other than the LCBO stores?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 9:59 am
[OP]
Jul 29, 2017
37 posts
2 upvotes

Are there other places in the GTA that sell hard liquor other than the LCBO stores?

Hello everyone,

With all LCBO stores being closed on Easter Sunday I was wondering if there are any other specialty stores that may perhaps sell hard liquor like rum, vokda etc.

Not interested in beer or wines.

Thanks.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4103 posts
1621 upvotes
Mississauga
Nope. And with most (all?) grocery stores closed today, it’ll be impossible to find beer and wine for sale.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
4984 posts
333 upvotes
This got me thinking about the brazen thieves who walk into LCBO stores, load up a bag full of booze and casually walk out in full sight of the staff. If they don't drink everything they steal, they would probably try to sell the rest.

Maybe they have been stockpiling the booze they did not drink and waiting for stat holidays like today, when they can sell it for bigger markup?
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14090 posts
4049 upvotes
Here 'n There
Degener8 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:18 am
Hello everyone,

With all LCBO stores being closed on Easter Sunday I was wondering if there are any other specialty stores that may perhaps sell hard liquor like rum, vokda etc.

Not interested in beer or wines.

Thanks.
Did you just move here and/or have been living under a rock? Everyone knows (or at least I thought) that the LCBO is the only place you can purchase liquor in Ontario. It has controlled liquor sales since 1927.
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3768 posts
1160 upvotes
markham
eonibm wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 9:09 am
Did you just move here and/or have been living under a rock? Everyone knows (or at least I thought) that the LCBO is the only place you can purchase liquor in Ontario. It has controlled liquor sales since 1927.
maybe you should go beyond your rock in Toronto...liquor can be bought in other stores outside GTA the great, around Ontario for a long time..they may be licensed by the LCBO but are in no way an LCBO...over 20 years ago I saw liquor for sale in a variety store in Oro Station (north of Barrie/South of Orillia)...I dont know whether they fall under local rules, I cannot say... its just a variety store like a no name Macs Milk (if its still there)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1490 posts
230 upvotes
Outside of the city there are LCBO affiliated stores.

If you can find a craft distillery they may be open, Trafalgar Brewing used to run a still and would sell at their store. Not sure if they're still doing that business.