Fashion & Beauty

Is there a polite way of finding out if a guy colours up his grey?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2018 8:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12068 posts
1784 upvotes
City of Vancouver

Is there a polite way of finding out if a guy colours up his grey?

Is there a polite way of finding out if a guy is colouring up his gray hair? I think asking directly is going to be taken as rude. Are there signs like grey roots at the temple? I notice some guys have eyebrows that neither match their hair nor their facial hair, but I dunno if that is a legit sign.
12 replies
Apr 17, 2013
806 posts
114 upvotes
Markham
Just ask. Unless he's a sensitive sally
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7431 posts
1360 upvotes
Those could be all signs plus it is harder to dye eyebrows compared to hair.

However, the real question is why do you even want to know ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12068 posts
1784 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I want to know because it could be another act of manipulation by a person with a personality disorder where lying and deception is a core characteristic. I am thinking of a particular man I know who is mid-50s, single, and rather creepy. I am not knocking the dying of grey hair.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10199 posts
4823 upvotes
Toronto
Drawn eyebrows perhaps?
Becks wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 2:33 pm
Is there a polite way of finding out if a guy is colouring up his gray hair? I think asking directly is going to be taken as rude. Are there signs like grey roots at the temple? I notice some guys have eyebrows that neither match their hair nor their facial hair, but I dunno if that is a legit sign.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2776 posts
1190 upvotes
Everywhere
Becks wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 6:15 pm
I want to know because it could be another act of manipulation by a person with a personality disorder where lying and deception is a core characteristic. I am thinking of a particular man I know who is mid-50s, single, and rather creepy. I am not knocking the dying of grey hair.
Sounds like me. Astonished Face Face With Tears Of Joy

Just ask. Guys don't care, unless they actually dye their hair. They do that? :rolleyes:

If they get defensive, they do. If they laugh, they don't.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10214 posts
2007 upvotes
Montréal
Becks wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 6:15 pm
Wow, that's some deep stuff, you got all that from him maybe or not dieing his hair? LOL.

If you're really that curious, just say what did you do w your hair? Looks good and see his reaction.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5019 posts
1320 upvotes
Aurora
Yeah, I'd say just ask. I don't know any man that would really take offense.

"Do you ever need to touch up your hair?" while touching your sideburn area would be fine.

Also, colour lasts for about a week or two before new hair growth starts to show grey again so it's pretty easy to tell unless he colours every few weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7865 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto
Check out his pubes. Based on your description/opinion of him, I don't think he would mind.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12068 posts
1784 upvotes
City of Vancouver
gh05t wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:15 pm
Check out his pubes. Based on your description/opinion of him, I don't think he would mind.
I'll delegate that task to u, howsbout that?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20842 posts
10079 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Lol another home run thread.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
29 posts
13 upvotes
Meditech82 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 4:10 pm
Just ask. Unless he's a sensitive sally
LOL Which he clearly is if he dyes his hair.

Just ask and if he says yes, bounce.