Health & Wellness

There's no point in going gluten-free unless you have celiac disease, study suggests

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2019 11:28 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2307 posts
2082 upvotes
hierophant wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:42 pm
Western medicine is rather useless except for in emergency situations. This is because it's beholden to big-pharma which wants to keep people sick - it creates the disease and then cures the disease by attempting to address the symptom.

The root cause of most human problems start the emotional level, which left unaddressed manifests to a physical problem (allergies, disease, pain, etc.). Most people get upset by this, they refuse it because they rather blame someone or something else and then pop a pill rather than examine their life and how their mind (mental and emotional state) is largely the reason.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2035 posts
1021 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 8:40 pm
Yep people like you are unable to grasp this logic - and that's ok, communicating with pics rather than words tells me all I need to know. Continue on your merry way.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2307 posts
2082 upvotes
hierophant wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 9:36 pm
Yep people like you are unable to grasp this logic - and that's ok, communicating with pics rather than words tells me all I need to know. Continue on your merry way.
That's rich coming from you. I hope by "people like you" you mean people who don't believe in utter unsubstantiated nonsensical claims. Words weren't needed or required here to convey my reaction. FYI, your post told me all I need to know, which is why I knew words would be a waste of time here. I'll continue living in reality and hope that you don't use up too much (Western) medical resources (since apparently self-reflection, therapy, and meditation will cure all your ills) and be on my merry way (as long as you promise to vaccinate your children Winking Face).
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2035 posts
1021 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:03 pm
That's rich coming from you. I hope by "people like you" you mean people who don't believe in utter unsubstantiated nonsensical claims. Words weren't needed or required here to convey my reaction. FYI, your post told me all I need to know, which is why I knew words would be a waste of time here. I'll continue living in reality and hope that you don't use up too much (Western) medical resources (since apparently self-reflection, therapy, and meditation will cure all your ills) and be on my merry way (as long as you promise to vaccinate your children Winking Face).
If you weren't so close-minded and full of hate you would know that this is also scientifically backed up but also ancient knowledge, which people like you are incapable of understanding because you know better and all and discount what you don't understand or know. Not sure why you bothered responding since you know everything :rolleyes:

Done with you
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2307 posts
2082 upvotes
hierophant wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 11:08 pm
If you weren't so close-minded and full of hate you would know that this is also scientifically backed up but also ancient knowledge, which people like you are incapable of understanding because you know better and all and discount what you don't understand or know. Not sure why you bothered responding since you know everything :rolleyes:

Done with you
Not sure why calling out BS makes somebody "full of hate", but it sounds like what teenagers say about "haters" when they get criticized. I suppose it would destroy your world view if you found out many "open minded" individuals became "close minded" to nonsense medical claims after examining/lack of evidence for said claims. I bothered responding because you got all hot and bothered and defensive by an often used meme. If you didn't want a response, you could have ignored me. I never claimed to know everything, but it's your original post that seems to know everything. You made very broad and unsupported claims for somebody speaking about "scientifically backed up".

Hmm... "ancient knowledge", now where have I heard that one before...

Oh I got it:

Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2307 posts
2082 upvotes
hierophant wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 11:08 pm

Done with you
Just to be clear, the statements you made in the following post is what you're claiming is "scientifically backed up":
hierophant wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:42 pm
Western medicine is rather useless except for in emergency situations. This is because it's beholden to big-pharma which wants to keep people sick - it creates the disease and then cures the disease by attempting to address the symptom.

The root cause of most human problems start the emotional level, which left unaddressed manifests to a physical problem (allergies, disease, pain, etc.). Most people get upset by this, they refuse it because they rather blame someone or something else and then pop a pill rather than examine their life and how their mind (mental and emotional state) is largely the reason.
Yes, much science, much ancient knowledge, me not capable of understanding what you know wise one.