• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 5:27 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 30, 2009
38 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I know this is a necro-bump, but I just saw this thread and looked for the "new" product Lavatools was teasing us with: The Lavatools Javelin PRO.

I'm trying to find local (Toronto) and other Canadian dealers carrying this but I haven't succeeded yet. Their site does ship to Canada though.
Apr 30, 2009
38 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00GRFHXVQ/

Fulfilled by Amazon too.
Yup, thanks, I found that one but I'm looking for the Javelin Pro. I'm probably going to order direct from them as I can't source one on this side of the border. I've run out of places to check.

Cheers.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31267 posts
17274 upvotes
arkham wrote: Yup, thanks, I found that one but I'm looking for the Javelin Pro. I'm probably going to order direct from them as I can't source one on this side of the border. I've run out of places to check.

Cheers.
That pro looks pretty decent.
Maybe they'll put that on Amazon too.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2347 posts
1121 upvotes
Edmonton
Bit of a bump but I figured I'd mention I bought the Thermowand/Javelin (the one currently $40 on Amazon.ca above). It's been great, and usually hits temperature within a few seconds.

My only complaint is that the magnet on the thermometer isn't as strong as I expected and it sort of weakly snaps to my fridge. I doubt it would fall off, but it seems unusual. That and sometimes it takes 2 seconds to reach temp and other times 5-6 seconds. Haven't really found a pattern to it.

Pro looks nicer but I'd imagine it would be around $80CDN if it hit any sites this side of the border.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I have had this for a couple of years now (found it on Amazon.com when I was searching for Thermapen alternatives, and shipped to my brother in PA).

So far, it's been great. As advertised, you get readings in about 2 seconds. I can get 3 of these for the price of one Thermapen. The only downside I've found is that the probe is fairly short, so you may have issues measuring large turkeys or pieces of meat.

I have a hard time using other meat thermometers now because I find them so slow.
Apr 30, 2009
38 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered two Javelin Pro LE thermometers on the weekend and they were shipped the next day. With the 10% first-order discount and $10 shipping the total in US$ was $114. That works out to about $74 bucks Canadian each. The LE model is a bit more expensive than the Pro ($58 vs $52) but since one is a birthday gift for my sister, and the titanium needle might offer a slightly faster response time, I went for it.

BTW, the magnet on the Pro (and presumably the LE) is supposed to be better than basic model's magnet. That's what I remember reading somewhere, anyway.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12603 posts
2308 upvotes
Looks great...I have two thermapens already and I somehow have the urge to try out this Javelin Pro.....too bad my wallet can't afford it.
Dec 2, 2006
513 posts
635 upvotes
Ottawa
For those of you still looking at this, amazon.ca has it for $34.99 and a limited time $7 off coupon, making it $27.99. I ordered yesterday and wasn't charged any tax either so the $27.99 price is all-in.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13362 posts
8297 upvotes
Brampton
Don't try to use it a rectal thermometer is all I can say.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6616 posts
1013 upvotes
BC
valve wrote: For those of you still looking at this, amazon.ca has it for $34.99 and a limited time $7 off coupon, making it $27.99. I ordered yesterday and wasn't charged any tax either so the $27.99 price is all-in.
Thanks! I've been wanting a decent thermometer without it costing a fortune.. the one I have is painfully slow. Just checked, no tax on mine either.
That's my 2cents worth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)