Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TheSource.ca - GARMIN NÜVI 66LM GPS 6.0" - $120 after savings and coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2015 8:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
3718 posts
477 upvotes
GTA

TheSource.ca - GARMIN NÜVI 66LM GPS 6.0" - $120 after savings and coupon

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 4, 2015
I came across the GARMIN NÜVI 66LM GPS from thesource.ca which is currently on sale for $139.99 and at checkout use coupon AIRMILES100 for an extra $20 OFF.

Total came out to 119.99 plus tax = $135.59

I think this is a warm deal since the GPS does not have traffics, but overall good reviews on Amazon.com.
93 replies
Dec 4, 2007
268 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought one to replace my parents' old Nuvi 250. The bigger screen should be great. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
This particular GPS does not have traffic, but how good is the traffic notification in Canada btw? Till last year it was mainly for US cities...Has it changed?
I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!!!
Jun 3, 2007
202 posts
165 upvotes
It works if you pay the $51.93 per year for it!!!!
http://www.navteq.com/rdstraffic/

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/shop-by ... 36804.html

I prefer to use my note with google maps app to do basically the same thing for free!!
Vikram19 wrote: This particular GPS does not have traffic, but how good is the traffic notification in Canada btw? Till last year it was mainly for US cities...Has it changed?
Jun 3, 2007
202 posts
165 upvotes
treasureseeker3 wrote: Very misleading. Google maps requires cellular data service which isn't free.
That's true. Most people have cell phones and google map uses very little data. I use it everyday.
Nov 25, 2002
263 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
walterk wrote: That's true. Most people have cell phones and google map uses very little data. I use it everyday.
Very practical within Canada, not so much if you travel to other countries.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
you can add traffic to it pretty easily. just buy the

Lifetime traffic antenna/vehicle power cable

usually can find them on Ebay for cheap
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
treasureseeker3 wrote: Very misleading. Google maps requires cellular data service which isn't free.
I used it everyday and it barely uses "data"...
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
sprung wrote: you can add traffic to it pretty easily. just buy the

Lifetime traffic antenna/vehicle power cable

usually can find them on Ebay for cheap
Thanks for the info...I am planning to get the Nuvi 2598lmthd refurb, which has HD traffic built in..My only concern is how well it works...Since the Garmin website shows HD traffic for US cities only :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2930 posts
621 upvotes
Ajax
Vikram19 wrote: Thanks for the info...I am planning to get the Nuvi 2598lmthd refurb, which has HD traffic built in..My only concern is how well it works...Since the Garmin website shows HD traffic for US cities only :cry:
Where
Dec 3, 2009
307 posts
149 upvotes
Simcoe County
walterk wrote: It works if you pay the $51.93 per year for it!!!!
http://www.navteq.com/rdstraffic/

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/shop-by ... 36804.html

I prefer to use my note with google maps app to do basically the same thing for free!!
Personally I can't stand Google Maps anymore. It was awesome a year or so ago, but with the updated version it takes longer to set my destination, often gets things wrong. And the one thing that drives me nuts is the inability to set a global option "AVOID TOLLS" From where I live it wants me to take the 407 constantly. I never want to take the 407. So this xmas I reverted and bought a new Garmin, which does allow for avoid tolls as a default option.

I suppose the guys/gals programming gmaps live blocks from google and take the google bus to work daily.

Just my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
walterk wrote: That's true. Most people have cell phones and google map uses very little data. I use it everyday.
badsha wrote: I used it everyday and it barely uses "data"...
I just briefly opened Maps for 15 seconds to check the traffic around, and it already uses 1.6MB of data (Android version). It's not very little data for me since I only have 100MB a month :cry:
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Nov 26, 2013
680 posts
408 upvotes
MTL
BB88 wrote: I just briefly opened Maps for 15 seconds to check the traffic around, and it already uses 1.6MB of data (Android version). It's not very little data for me since I only have 100MB a month :cry:
did you enable GPS? it shouldnt, I usually open google map, and set everything up, and then turn off the cellular, it still works until you reach the destination....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
wenyanghou wrote: did you enable GPS? it shouldnt, I usually open google map, and set everything up, and then turn off the cellular, it still works until you reach the destination....
I have GPS on. I need traffic, so I need to turn on cellular data. I think somehow Google Map will try to download map data every time if there is a data connection, since I don't think traffic data will use that much. I wish it is smart enough to use cached map and only update in a user-specific time frame.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Vikram19 wrote: Thanks for the info...I am planning to get the Nuvi 2598lmthd refurb, which has HD traffic built in..My only concern is how well it works...Since the Garmin website shows HD traffic for US cities only :cry:
That's 5" screen vs 6" on this one. Don't know if it's apples to apples, but my TomTom 1535TM has only shown traffic info in the US. It doesn't work in Calgary or Halifax. I haven't driven in Toronto with it. I'm thinking I'll upgrade to 6". Anyone see a downside to changing to Garmin from TomTom, other than having to learn a different interface? I've been looking for a deal on a TomTom 1605M, but best I can find at the moment is $200 or so.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
smacd wrote: That's 5" screen vs 6" on this one. Don't know if it's apples to apples, but my TomTom 1535TM has only shown traffic info in the US. It doesn't work in Calgary or Halifax. I haven't driven in Toronto with it. I'm thinking I'll upgrade to 6". Anyone see a downside to changing to Garmin from TomTom, other than having to learn a different interface? I've been looking for a deal on a TomTom 1605M, but best I can find at the moment is $200 or so.
I have used both Garmins and Tomtoms before..Can easily say that Garmin is far more superior...Less routing errors and cleaner interface....
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
AGREED. Last time I checked, data is approximately $360 per year EXTRA. More than double the cost of my phone/text plan which is running under $150 per year.

Save hundreds (or thousands in my case) on data by having a dedicated unit (which is much better at GPS functions than a phone anyways).
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
IntrepidRT wrote: AGREED. Last time I checked, data is approximately $360 per year EXTRA. More than double the cost of my phone/text plan which is running under $150 per year.

Save hundreds (or thousands in my case) on data by having a dedicated unit (which is much better at GPS functions than a phone anyways).
I also tried using Sygic offline maps (on Android), it was pathetic....GPS is the way to go...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)