Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] TheSource:Rocksmith game ps3 $19.99+second update. Mortal Kombat Komplete $9.96 360

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2013 5:49 pm
Dec 27, 2005
917 posts
EBGames will have 30% off all Ubisoft games, I think this will apply to Rocksmith Guitar & BASS.
Aug 1, 2011
499 posts
redstars wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 6:05 pm
Rocksmith Guitar & BASS 55.99$ when you add the item in your cart it remove 24$
http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/rocksmi ... ass/313419
PS3 Rocksmith at Source = $19.99. Dowload bass pack on PSN = $29.99 for a total of $49.98. But really, we are splitting hairs here.....
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades.
Jan 26, 2010
411 posts
flashmeister wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:02 am
I am so pissed off at Calgary Marlborough store!

After looking through their games for probably 30 minutes, I pulled out a few that I wanted, two of them being $0.96 games:

Mirror's Edge (360)
Little Big Planet 2 (PS3)

I took them to the cashier to pay for them and you could see his jaw drop when he came to those two. He then calls over another guy behind the counter - "hey, take a look at that!". So, I asked, "did they scan at $0.96?" and they confirmed, "Yes, but it must be an error!". I assured them it wasn't and that it was a nation-wide clearance price for The Source. The cashier then stated, "I have to ask my manager about these!".

He went to the back of the store with the two games and chatted with another guy, presumably the manager, then disappeared into the back room, coming back empty-handed. "Sorry sir, we can't sell you those games!". "Why not!?" I demanded to know... fumbled around and eventually just repeated, "we can't sell you those games". I pressed them more, demanding that they sell them to me, but still refusing, I requested to speak to the manager. He said, "the manager has just stepped out", however I saw no one leave. I told him that I will just wait there then until I do speak to the manager.

Next a older guy came out from the back room, calling himself "J R" proclaiming to be the manager (obviously hadn't left the store, if he really was the manager!), saying, those are zero-dollar items and have to be sent back to HQ. I tried correcting him saying that they were not, and he kept insisting that they were, until I stated, "look buddy, I was there when the cashier scanned them at the till and I saw that they were $0.96!" He then stated, "ok, well, they have been 'recalled' and that is why we can't sell them!" I pleaded with him (ok a little loudly) to please give me the games back and let me purchase them, at which point he did me the HUGE favour of letting me have Mirror's Edge. I then asked for the other, Little Big Planet, but he kept insisting that he couldn't sell it because it was recalled. I asked them to show me that it was recalled, but instead he opens the door to the back room and yells to a guy there, "that game is recalled, right?" - The guy answers, "Yes"!. I again stated that I wanted to see that the game is recalled, so the guy at the back of the stockroom (probably 20 feet away from me) scans it on his terminal and says again, "yup, it's recalled!". I asked them to let me see it in person, but they refused, saying "you are not allowed back here!". I stated that it was fine - they could bring it back up front and show me there - they refused despite me asking 3 times.

Just then, another 40-ish worker came in for his shift and upon seeing our argument, asks, "what seems to be the problem?" I explained the situation while the other so-called manager, J R, re-emphasized that it was recalled. Without verifying anything, the new guy on the scene states, "since it is recalled, we can not sell it to you - otherwise we could lose our jobs!". I again requested that they just show me on the computer that it has been recalled and will be ok with it. He refused, saying, "I can't show you on the computer because it comes as a big printout every morning!". So, I said "that's fine, just show me the print out!". He again refused, saying, "do you think I am lying?" "Yes!" I replied! "I sure hope you don't mean to say that I am lying because I will have you evicted from the store!" he snarled.

At that time I decided to cut my loses and walked off with my copy of Mirror's Edge, and while paying for it from one of the employees that had become involved in my little drama, had the nerve to say, "will that be all for you sir?" with a seeming smirk on his face. I just bit my lip, paid for the game and left.

Later in the evening I dropped by another location, and upon finding them to be much more helpful and pleasant, related the whole story about what happened. "Oh," the girl said, "that is quite a typical story for that location." She continued, " they have always been a bit shady over there!" She then related a story how they said they had lost 15 USB memory sticks, however everyone knew that they had merely written them off the books when the price dropped (less noticeable that way) so they could presumably sell them on Kijiji or give them away!

I certainly don't want to put down The Source in general! This morning I had dropped by at the Chinook location and the guy was so helpful that he spent nearly an hour (on and off while helping other customers) finding all the clearance games and accessories I was intersted in, so at least a got a few items there!
Reading about this makes me so angry, I can't stand when employees lie. I attempted to price-match a PS3 a while back at The Source at Promenade mall. The employee tried listing off every single excuse in the book before flat out refusing.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
3932 posts
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 8:44 pm
My heart skipped a beat when I saw a Halo Reach 250GB bundle on the shelf at one store today. The guy scanned it in and it was $249.99....
Is there more than one SKU? This one had Reach as a downloadable game on the left hand side of the box, and another game on the right.
lol, I had the same thing happen to me. I was so excited but I knew it was too good to be true. Felt kinda bad making the guy get it down for me. :P
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2619 posts
Iodine wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 7:26 am
lol, I had the same thing happen to me. I was so excited but I knew it was too good to be true. Felt kinda bad making the guy get it down for me. :P
That's his job to serve you, nothing to feel bad about. It's like asking if they have a particular game and telling them to scan it to know the price. When they keep everything behind the counter, it's normal to ask, otherwise, you can't get there to check them yourself. :|
Nov 21, 2011
92 posts
Looks pretty interesting and I have a crap guitar waiting in my basement, but I guess the deal is over. I found it on steam for $20 but then a cable costs like another $30. I'll keep an eye out, I guess.
Apr 30, 2006
187 posts
I found one at costco before Xmas. The first gen and it came with the cable for twenty bucks. No price on the box so I ask for I price check the store system shows no stock so I think it was a one off left over. But still worth a look at your local store. I knew right away that it was the old one because there's no picture of the bass guitar on the box.
Jul 24, 2011
95 posts
I was able to snag the sly collection and Sonic the Hedgehog at Meadowville town centre for $4.96 each. HUGE deal on the sly collection.
Dec 27, 2011
561 posts
Sagemode01 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 10:30 pm
I was able to snag the sly collection and Sonic the Hedgehog at Meadowville town centre for $4.96 each. HUGE deal on the sly collection.
Picked up Sly Collection as well in Masonville London. Also grabbed Bulletstorm and Prince of Persia for 4.96 each.
× < >