Shopping Discussion

They cancelled my order, my money was refunded, but they still shipped it what now?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2012 3:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1268 posts
544 upvotes

They cancelled my order, my money was refunded, but they still shipped it what now?

Yeah so I ordered an item off a website(shoes) and like 30 mins after I sent them an email requesting them to cancel my order.
However I still received an email saying that my order was dispatched the next morning , so i sent emails again requesting them to cancel. I got an email saying that my order was to be canceled, since the shipping company had not picked up the item yet(i saw it on the tracking website.) I was refunded yesterday.
But I checked the shipping tracking number and now its in my town, At local FedEx facility, waiting to be shipped which I assume should be tommorow.

So what now? Should I just keep it? Because there is no way that I'm paying to ship it back to them(they would have to pay its their error)
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1605 posts
95 upvotes
Thornhill
Just refuse delivery, and there's no problem. If they drop it off without signature and stuff, then it's their loss I guess...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1268 posts
544 upvotes
Kaiu wrote: Just refuse delivery, and there's no problem. If they drop it off without signature and stuff, then it's their loss I guess...
I see. I guess i'll just do that, hopefully I'm home by then If I'm not i'll just tell everyone at home to refuse it, if he happens to come tomorrow and someone is at home.
However am I supposed to see that there is to be a signature required on the tracking page? Because I don't see it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7279 posts
1818 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Since you haven't gotten it yet refuse the delivery. If you have never gotten the product you have nothing to worry about.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1268 posts
544 upvotes
Oh snap I just checked the tracking number, and its on for delivery, and I kept calling the house and no one is there -_-' by the time they deliver it i might be in class and won't be able to make a call.

I think I'm just going to email those guys and tell them about how they still shipped my item >_<
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1605 posts
95 upvotes
Thornhill
USUALLY Parcel shipments require signature for delivery, otherwise they bring it back to their depot for pick-up. If you don't pick-up after a certain number of days, they will send it back anyways.

HOWEVER, sometimes people like *cough* UPS *cough* will just leave your packages at the front door even if it requires a signature. *I personally prefer this though :P, but not good if you live in a not so good area*
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14117 upvotes
Toronto
If the item is delivered, contact the vendor and ask what they want you to do.

I am 99.9% sure they will ask you to return the item to sender at their expense.

Or, they will write it off and let you keep it 0.01% if the return shipping somehow costs more than the shoes (doubtful).

You don't just "get to keep them" by doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1268 posts
544 upvotes
MS MSP wrote: If the item is deleivered, contact the vendor and ask what they want you to do.

I am 99.9% sure they will ask you to return the item to sender at their expense.

Or, they will write it off and let you keep it 0.01% if the return shipping somehow costs more than the shoes (doubtful).

You don't just "get to keep them" by doing nothing.
Alright and I have already done that.(contacted them)
I just hope if I have to send it back they also pay my money back for the custom fees if there is any.

edit: just checked there is no required signature for the package.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6138 posts
2941 upvotes
Kanata
Sometimes I leave a note at the door and it works.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
Accept the item, call/email the company & have them send you a return label, and mail it back. Eventually they will realize what they've done & charge you for the item later.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
Casual wrote: Oh snap I just checked the tracking number, and its on for delivery, and I kept calling the house and no one is there -_-' by the time they deliver it i might be in class and won't be able to make a call.

I think I'm just going to email those guys and tell them about how they still shipped my item >_<
I found it ironic and comical that most people here complained courier did not deliver even when there were people at home. In this situation, we need to worry about they would deliver when there is nobody at home. ;)
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1268 posts
544 upvotes
Well thanks everyone, but fedex called me about the custom fees(36$) and I explained them about the situation, and the lady told me I could just refuse it and it would go back to them. She even made it possible for the fedex guy to not even bother going to my house. Its already refused.

but 36$ fees though ouuch >_> that makes the shoe even more than retail price in canada.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
Once I ordered an item off amazon.com ($135 electric toothbrush) and had it shipped to a drop box across the border. I changed my mind and decided to cancel it, so I went online to amazon and cancelled it successfully.

The item still ended up shipping. The amazon customer service emailed me and said send back the item with the no charge shipping label. I said it would be a big hassle to do so since I live in Canada. She said "ok keep it, free of charge" Nice
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2431 posts
319 upvotes
Waterloo
My friend was deployed to Colombia, while down there he ordered a bunch of parts off of newegg to build a new computer.
Somehow he got double shipped the items (received his order twice). He kept an eye on his card, and was never charged for the 2nd shipment
He has never been contacted about it either, so free computer for him.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3897 posts
2322 upvotes
Ottawa
Casual wrote: Well thanks everyone, but fedex called me about the custom fees(36$) and I explained them about the situation, and the lady told me I could just refuse it and it would go back to them. She even made it possible for the fedex guy to not even bother going to my house. Its already refused.

but 36$ fees though ouuch >_> that makes the shoe even more than retail price in canada.
Just to let you, or anyone else reading this know, but in future, even if UPS / FedEx drops off the package at your house, you can call them to pick it up, since you want to refuse the package.

You don't need to ask your merchant/vendor for a return shipping label first. Obviously, ONLY do this if the merchant agrees to / already gave back your money. Don't do it if they require a RMA # / etc.