• Oct 27th, 2016 9:37 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR

Thin dividers

I'm not loving how many of the bags use rather thick dividers whereas ThinkTank has always used much less padded ones that serve more as dividers but less as protection (i guess). Given that I'm not jumping around, my gear won't be smashing into each other constantly. Is there somewhere I could get these thin dividers to add to my bag instead of the existing fat ones? Any reason I should avoid them?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
You can check out Peak Design Flexfold dividers. It's thin and you can fold them to how you need them to be. The only catch is that they are expensive.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
Just diy some. Some glue, some of foam (or some of those foam craft boards), some velcro strips, and you're on your way.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
duplicate
Last edited by AncasterRFD on Oct 27th, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If you want cheap dividers, I have a few of these I put into non-camera messenger bags to turn them into a fashionable gear holder.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HORUSBENNU-HD-32 ... Sw5ZBWL0uR

These come in different sizes, just measure the inside of the bag first.

The quality isn't the same as the Flexfolds or what's in my ONA but it does the trick for casual shooting and wardrobe matching inside different bags. I don't always bring the same gear so I prefer them already in my bags instead of transferring one expensive ill fitting Tenba insert from bag to bag. I take it as that's what you mean by "not jumping around" where I would personally use a proper backpack or quality rugged bag with native inserts.