Food & Drink

This thing is wayyyy better than instant pot!!

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 5:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2008 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto

This thing is wayyyy better than instant pot!!

I had the instant pot ultra cooked 3 lacklustre meals In it that took forever and kept giving burn error code, so glad I returned it and got the tfal cook4 me, this thing is amazing not sure why so underrated?! Cooks super fast , releases steam by itself when done and literally walks u through cooking a ton of tasty recipes . I love this thing !!!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N4O ... 2ETA17RRY5
72 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
3371 posts
806 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
The Insta Pot does not burn food if you stir it occasionally. which is what your suppost to do anyways, even when you cook a regular meal on the stove you stir it, no? and besides that I have an Insta Pot and it works great, no complaints here
Hi
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
34288 posts
8115 upvotes
Ottawa
A pressure cooker by any name is still a pressure cooker. Operator error is often the main cause of failure. :)
I used and still use the manual version and it works very well and I don't need to be a programmer LOL
https://www.amazon.ca/Presto-6-Quart-Al ... ure+cooker
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2008 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: The Insta Pot does not burn food if you stir it occasionally. which is what your suppost to do anyways, even when you cook a regular meal on the stove you stir it, no? and besides that I have an Insta Pot and it works great, no complaints here
You’re not able to stir a meal while it’s under pressure what are you talking about?! I found any tomato sauce based meal would bring up the burn warning forcing me to add more water and this making end result meal watery and gross
Last edited by Heavenleigh85 on Feb 6th, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2008 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: A pressure cooker by any name is still a pressure cooker. Operator error is often the main cause of failure. :)
I used and still use the manual version and it works very well and I don't need to be a programmer LOL
https://www.amazon.ca/Presto-6-Quart-Al ... ure+cooker
Actually I have one of these old guys too and I quite liked it until the seal broke and steam started spraying all over lol is scary
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
34288 posts
8115 upvotes
Ottawa
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Actually I have one of these old guys too and I quite liked it until the seal broke and steam started spraying all over lol is scary
Yeah, thing is though, you can fix that yourself with a $3.99 seal :)
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
3371 posts
806 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Heavenleigh85 wrote: You’re not able to stir a meal while it’s under pressure what are you talking about?! I found any tomato sauce based meal would bring up the burn warning forcing me to add more water and this making end result meal watery and gross
The Insta Pot has a pressure cooker built in YES that is True, but it also has a regular slow cooker in it too, which you can use for cooking chilli con carne and stuff like that. you do not need to use the pressure cooker mode when cooking chilli and soups and stuff and can open the lid and stir the sauce so it does not burn, is that difficult to understand?
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5427 posts
4699 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote: The Insta Pot has a pressure cooker built in YES that is True, but it also has a regular slow cooker in it too, which you can use for cooking chilli con carne and stuff like that. you do not need to use the pressure cooker mode when cooking chilli and soups and stuff and can open the lid and stir the sauce so it does not burn, is that difficult to understand?
Did you even read the OP? He's having issues with burn error during pressure cooking mode.... Is that difficult to understand?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
3371 posts
806 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Yes its difficult to understand. my wife uses it all the time, just give it a good stir before you close the lid and we've never had these issues
Hi
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2008 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: Yes its difficult to understand. my wife uses it all the time, just give it a good stir before you close the lid and we've never had these issues
That doesn’t help the only thing that gets rid of the code is adding more water which is not ideal if u want a thicker sauce.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
3371 posts
806 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
then buy the one from Amazon and call it a day
Hi
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2008 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: then buy the one from Amazon and call it a day
I already have it this post was reviewing it ...ok go away you’re useless
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2009
6928 posts
4087 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Everyone on my Kanata Moms Facebook group seems to rave about InstantPot. (I don't have one, nor does it interest me - would probably just be another gadget taking up space in my kitchen). A Kanata dude invented the thing apparently.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26038 posts
11487 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote: I don't have one, nor does it interest me
I don't get it either.
But I have a standalone pressure cooker and a sous vide so there's not much I can't do that it can.

What confuses me is the number of appliances they're trying to cram into it.
An air fryer oven too? I get trying to eliminate appliances, but now we get something that's probably going to be worse than the original things they're trying to replace.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2009
6928 posts
4087 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
death_hawk wrote: I don't get it either.
But I have a standalone pressure cooker and a sous vide so there's not much I can't do that it can.

What confuses me is the number of appliances they're trying to cram into it.
An air fryer oven too? I get trying to eliminate appliances, but now we get something that's probably going to be worse than the original things they're trying to replace.
I have a pressure cooker too. I don't get it either. It is like a cult with this thing though.

Top