Page 1 of 1

Think twice about going to WIND MOBILE. WARRENTY PROBLEMS

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 7:17 pm
by AvengerX1
Hopefully this post won't be removed by anyone that is currently running this website because I am poking holes in the reliability of Wind Mobile.

Problem with the phone: Bought blackberry 9700 in December at Pacific Mall. Have 1 year warranty on it. As of Aug 01, 2011. The camera on my blackberry stopped working. I treat my phone like it was a part of me. With care and respect, there are like no scratches on the phone it is protected with a case.

Problem with the Dealer: I went online and told the wind community about my problem. The wind representative told me to go to one of the warranty location.
I picked the Shops at Don Mill location. I went at approximately 10 am in the morning. On AUG 11, 2011.
Took 20 minutes to get there.
I tell the representative about my problem that my phones camera is not working and told him that the DEALER that I originally brought it from is NO LONGER THERE and ANOTHER ONE HAS TAKEN ITS PLACE.

He told me there’s nothing he can do because he doesn’t have my receipt in the WIND DATABASE?!?!?!!?

First things that came to my head was: They don’t have my receipt? How? Are they a legit company? They don’t’ keep records of these things?
Then he tells me to go to the new dealer at Pacific Mall because they MIGHT have my records of purchase so that they can process my phone exchange.
Took 20 minutes to get to Pacific mall

At Pacific mall the person tells me that they don’t have me in their DATABASE AND I SHOULD GO TO Scarborough town center wind store to solve my problem because that’s where they send everyone to solve the problems

First thing that came to my mind: They are official dealers of wind and they don’t know how to solve my problem? Are the for real? WILL THIS BE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY WIND WILL NEVER BEAT TELUS, ROGERS, and BELL?

Took another 10-20 minutes to get to Scarborough town center
At Scarborough town center wind store, the sales representative was very helpful. She told me that she could not help me….. and for me to call customer service to ask them about this issue. So I called right away.
This lady picked up with this VERY THICK BROWN ACCENT (not trying to offend anyone, there’s no other way I can put this better than I already have) ask me for my information and everything. I told her about my problem and she puts me on hold.

That took about 10 minutes.

When she comes back she says can I talk to the sales representative you are with. The lady at the STC Wind Store talks to her and she puts us on hold for ANOTHER 10 MINUTES. After the sales representative ask for her SUPERVISOR, and the sales representative lady at STC SAYS, “ SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT SHES TALKING ABOUT”. One sales representative is talking smack about another?
And that of course took 20 Minutes.

First thought that came to mind: Why is this taking so long? Is there a lot of people complaining to the supervisor? She put me on hold 3 times…. Is she a wind representative? Does she know what she’s saying?

The supervisors name is KATIE, she wouldn’t give me a direct line to call her for more questions but she says. I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH THIS MATTER. IF YOU GO TO THE WARRENTY CENTER AND IF THEY SAY YOU CAN’T GET WARRENTY THEN YOU CAN’T GET WARRENTY.

First thoughts that came to mind: WHAT? YOUR COMPANY PROMOISED 1 YEAR WARRENTY ON MY BLACKBERRY AND NOW I DON’T HAVE WARRENTY?

so then I said thank you for your time even though it didn’t help me at all and I hung up and went to the Warranty dealer at Shops at don mills AGAIN!!!!

Takes another 20 minutes. At this time its 5pm, Wasted a whole day and still no resolution!

The sales representative was very passionate and he was on my side for this situation. He explained that he couldn’t do anything and told me to call the call center again. He told me to ask for the manager for Dealer accounts so that we can locate where the moved to or issue a note to them so that they can exchange a phone for me. After 20 MINUTES ON HOLD. She says he is not here at the moment. We will leave a note for him and get back to you as soon as possible.
First thing that came to my mind: not likely… they will probably brush this issue off and never speak of it again.

Sales representative told me to call them every day and ask them about the phone issue. The purpose of this is for the Manager of the Dealer accounts to track down the person that sold me the phone (Rachael, so that I can my phone exchanged on my Blackberry 9700)
The purpose of this message is to tell the world the problem wind is putting me through. I wasted a day of my time that I cannot buy back to solve this issue and it is still not solved!

This is just to inform the public about my issue.

I will call Wind everyday at exactly 10 am to ask about my warranty and I will log every single call I make on everyday so that if anything does happen. I have a record of what they say.

It’s unfortunate that it my blackberry breaks after only 8 months of usage. Shows us that reliability does come with a cost.

FOR THE NEW COMERS THAT ARE PLANNING TO GO WITH WIND. DO NOT BUY YOUR PHONE AT A DEALER BECAUSE IF THEY MOVE, YOU WILL BE SCREWED LIKE HOW I’M GETTING SCREWED RIGHT NOW. BUY IT AT THE CORPORATE STORE. CORPORATE STORES ARE ANY STORES WITH WARRANTY CENTER MARKED ON IT ON THE WIND MAP.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I hope everyone is able to learn from my experience.
This post will be on every website on the forms I can think of! Such as RedFlagDeals, Facebook, twitter, Kijiji, Tumbler. Basically anywhere where deals are posted and where people are at.

I will remove this post once my case is resolved.

My friends in high school will help me pass on the message to everyone on facebook on twitter on tumbler and any other websites they can think of at all different Universities to spread the word about Wind’s ability to serve customers.

Social networking has become a POWERFUL tool to spread good or bad things about a company.

WE CANNOT LET PEOPLE AT WIND PUSH US AROUND. IF WE HAVE A PROBLEM WE SHOULD REPORT IT.

IF WE STAND ALONE WE ARE WEAK.

IF WE BAND TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG.

RE TWEET THIS MESSAGE, RE BLOG THIS MESSAGE ON TUMBLER. THIS WILL HELP US, THE CUSTOMERS MAXIMIZE OUR CHANCES OF GETTING GREAT DEALS.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at alfredx28@gmail.com

Again. This is not a message to try to offend anyone. It is me trying to help future customers not get screwed like how I am getting screwed right now.

If you were in my shoes what would you do? Wasting 300 something dollars on a phone that is currently not working at full potential. How would you feel wasting a day and gas money?

Feel free to leave the comment below.

Re: Think twice about going to WIND MOBILE. WARRENTY PROBLEMS

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 7:38 pm
by LimeLG
So, why not just show them _your_ copy of the receipt?

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 8:07 pm
by AvengerX1
LMAO. I DID!
They said they don't have it in THEIR database so THEY can't do anything about it....

I know... it sounds stupid but this is what they told me!

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 8:39 pm
by mfpreach
Good thing you are going to school so you can learn how to spell 'warranty'

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 9:58 pm
by AvengerX1
K calm down there ^

Minor spelling error and your going nuts on it.

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 10:15 pm
by cho it up
AvengerX1 wrote: K calm down there ^

when you are trying to get your point across and repeating the same spelling error over and over again, it really hurts your argument.

not to mention the "thick brown accent". bet that as it may, it doesn't help your case at all.

Pretty sure if you spent the time to write up a proper e-mail and escalated to the right levels that you should be able to get this taken care of. but the way you are approaching it wouldn't make me, as a CSR or company want to go out of my way to sort this out quickly - i'd give you the runaround (especially w/ the accent part)

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 11:01 pm
by _Allan_
Phone warranty is not the responsibility or Wind (or Mobilicity, Bell, Rogers, Telus, Public).

Send your phone to Blackberry, and a copy of your receipt, and they will repair it for you.

Again, the warranty is offered my the phone manufacture - HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Blackberry, HP, Dell, Asus, Acer etc - and they are the people you need to send your phone to.
Go here or call them.

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 11:14 pm
by The_Duke_Of_Eli
zzz

As said before; not Wind's problem. Not worth a rant thread imo. Best of luck.

Posted: Aug 11th, 2011 11:17 pm
by da_hool
AvengerX1 wrote: K calm down there ^

you are, you're, your

;)

Posted: Aug 12th, 2011 12:35 am
by xOnic_
tl;dr

Posted: Aug 13th, 2011 7:18 pm
by imflying12
Wind sucks period. You get what you paid for.

Posted: Aug 15th, 2011 3:55 am
by Syne
Some really terrible responses to what is generally a helpful thread, relating a customer service experience with a private company.

OP most likely does have a 1yr contract with WIND. I know that Rogers offers similar warranties with their phones. This takes precedence over the manufacturer's warranty. So the OP's complaint is probably valid.

Please keep us updated on this and don't let the negative comments discourage you.

Posted: Aug 15th, 2011 8:59 am
by nsx
:arrow:

Moved from "Students" to "Shopping Discussion."

Posted: Aug 15th, 2011 9:12 am
by jayp_1
"Problem with the phone: Bought blackberry 9700 in December at Pacific Mall."

Was the original store a corporate store or independent dealer?

Can you tell us what is wrong with the camera? You said it does not work. That is very vague. Maybe it just requires a software fix and not a hardware one.
There are a lot of blackberry experts around that might be able to help you out. Have you gone on the blackberry forums?

Posted: Aug 15th, 2011 9:35 am
by Cas77
AvengerX1 wrote: At this time its 5pm, Wasted a whole day and still no resolution!

10am

20min to get there
20min to Pacmall
20min to STC
10min call to call centre
10min on hold
20min for supervisor
20min to Don Mills

Total 120 min or 2 hours.

By lying and/or exagerating your credibility (or lack thereof) makes your rant completely and utterly innefective.

Most stories are 1-sided, but in this case that one side pity party request killed your own arguments.

Posted: Aug 16th, 2011 2:04 pm
by XtremeModder
I'm surprised it lasted 8 months, blackberry phones are built like crap

Posted: Aug 16th, 2011 3:06 pm
by O1IN85
Cliffnotes for the lazy:

OP bought a phone from Pacific Mall
Something went wrong with the phone
Seller was AWOL, so OP is SOL at this point
goes to Wind, got refused
Now he's whining about the time he wasted trying to run around for this warranty issue

Like everyone says, go to BB and get it fixed. It'd be a different story if you got the phone from the provider (usually they'll give 30 days>. thereafter, it'll be the manufacturer who'll be responsible)

Posted: Aug 16th, 2011 3:21 pm
by iridium001
There are some holes in this story.

Having activated both a data stick AND a phone with Wind Mobile I know for a fact they take down your phone or device's serial number as well as the dealer ID, dealer agent name and ID#, date of purchase, location, etc.

When you leave the dealer, you have a copy of all this information.

When you called Wind they should have been able to pull this up - how can you receive service if they don't you in their database?? Even if Wind's corporate service don't have the receipt, they would have had access to the date of the phone's activation date.

Methinks OP bought a phone at Pacific Mall that was unlocked from a regular store, used Wind's SIM card and is trying to pull a fast one to get warranty when the phone did not originate from Wind in the first place.

If you did get it from a Wind store in Pacific Mall, just go back and tell them your case. Be persistent and polite. Get them to sympathize, not aggravate them.

Posted: Aug 16th, 2011 5:14 pm
by AvengerX1
^ hey guys, Wind actually called me and sent me an email. They gave me an upgrade from 9700 to 9780 mainly becasue they had no more 9700. Can't wait until the 9900 comes out becasue I have 3 months warranty left ;) they keyboard on the 9780 is kind of faulty sooo.

Win win =)

Posted: Sep 13th, 2012 5:00 pm
by Zamboni
I am getting the run around from Wind-HTC on a defective phone. Bought the phone for my son at the Oshawa Wind store-clerks there couldn't/wouldn't help...told us to call Wind customer service. Did that, ran through factory resets etc....then was directed to call HTC. More factory resets, tried other software....numerous other 'fixes' that did nothing. Then told to ship the 4 week old phone on my dime to a service centre.
Put the phone in its original box, wrapped that in bubble wrap and sent phone to Future Tel in Markham as HTC instructed. A week later Future Tel calls, tells me the phone (HTC Amaze) has a defective motherboard....AND...physical damage...the screen is beyond cracked, its smashed. Lady tells me there are no marks or any sign of damage on the box. I insist she send a picture...the box has a hole in it corresponding to the phone screen damage. Future Tel tried to hide that as they should never have accepted the damaged box without inspecting contents.
WIND and HTC ignore calls, shuffle me around departments, place me on hold and never call back as promised.