Hot Deals

[ThinkEmpire] Burton Ruler/Ruler Wide snowboard boots $137.97 /w fs(Reg $299)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2017 6:14 pm
[OP]
Dec 16, 2007
595 posts
176 upvotes
TO

[ThinkEmpire] Burton Ruler/Ruler Wide snowboard boots $137.97 /w fs(Reg $299)

Deal Link:
Price:
Posting this so others buy it so I wont have to. Ive been eyeing this for too long and the temptation is getting too great.

These are one of the oldest lines from Burton, great boot with great reviews year after year.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1490 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
dude, if u been eyeing for a long time and u need the boots then just get them. When the deal is over, you will be kicking yourself for not buying it at less than half price.
[OP]
Dec 16, 2007
595 posts
176 upvotes
TO
eugene188 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 8:00 pm
dude, if u been eyeing for a long time and u need the boots then just get them. When the deal is over, you will be kicking yourself for not buying it at less than half price.
Nothing wrong with the boots I have now. I want these boots but I don't need them. Hence why I'm posting the deal.

I watched these drop from 220 to 170 and now 137.
Feb 8, 2011
428 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Going to call around and try these on before ordering. Thanks OP

Empire has had some wicked sales this year
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2428 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Do I just get my regular shoe size? Couldn't find a size guide on the website
Aug 1, 2013
192 posts
54 upvotes
Mugen123 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 12:27 pm
Do I just get my regular shoe size? Couldn't find a size guide on the website
The ideal fit is when your toes are touching the front of the boot as the liner will pack out and become bigger with a few days of use. It's really hard to fit snowboard boots because of this. You also have to avoid pressure points and make sure the boot ankle fit matches your ankles. What I mean by that is that there needs to be a proper ankle fit so that your ankle is locked down into the boot.

This is the ideal fit but its hard to reach unless you put a lot of effort into trying on boots. You get a lot more board control with a proper boot fit.
I'm a Public Mobile Customer :)
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2428 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Chris9446 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 12:52 pm
The ideal fit is when your toes are touching the front of the boot as the liner will pack out and become bigger with a few days of use. It's really hard to fit snowboard boots because of this. You also have to avoid pressure points and make sure the boot ankle fit matches your ankles. What I mean by that is that there needs to be a proper ankle fit so that your ankle is locked down into the boot.

This is the ideal fit but its hard to reach unless you put a lot of effort into trying on boots. You get a lot more board control with a proper boot fit.
Hmmm, sounds like one of those things I should avoid buying online without trying in store first. Thanks for the advice.
Sep 14, 2007
586 posts
87 upvotes
Chris9446 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 12:52 pm

+1 Ankle lock down is keeey! I didn't know when I was a beginner. It doesn't limit your skill progression, but if you're just gliding on toe side for a long cat trail, the flat of your feet will burn because you're essentially "tippy toeing" through the whole thing.
I ended up modifying my boots by getting heel lifts to fill the space. Not only should you try boots on in store, but take an aggressive carving position, squat down, bent knees, lean on toe and heel sides and feel how locked down your feet are.
Aug 1, 2013
192 posts
54 upvotes
stryder1587 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 1:57 pm
+1 Ankle lock down is keeey! I didn't know when I was a beginner. It doesn't limit your skill progression, but if you're just gliding on toe side for a long cat trail, the flat of your feet will burn because you're essentially "tippy toeing" through the whole thing.
I ended up modifying my boots by getting heel lifts to fill the space. Not only should you try boots on in store, but take an aggressive carving position, squat down, bent knees, lean on toe and heel sides and feel how locked down your feet are.
Similar to your method - I had usually put on 2 different boots in store and tighten them to comfort then do a flat footed jump (not off the toes). The boot with less heel lift is the better fitting boot.
There's also stiffness of the boot which is a whole another world of preferences.
I'm a Public Mobile Customer :)