Art and Photography

Thinking of the Sony a6500.. suggestions?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2017 12:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3448 posts
271 upvotes
not even my video but okay

again, i'm saying it works great in many use-cases.

i love a good bokeh/low light performance as much as the next guy as my primes outnumber zoom 5:1 in what I have but you likely won't see me lugging them around if weight's ever a concern and OP states that as the major reason for upgrading

since OP is coming from a zoom it's probably best if he gets various inputs instead of only taking closed, perfect-controlled lighting results at face value (which is only so valuable if he mentioned travel at the start of the thread)
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Nov 17, 2009
4 posts
Toronto
I have an A6500, with two lenses that I use for everyday shooting. All around, the camera is excellent and the best that I have ever owned (my opinion is that of an amateur photographer). The photos are great, and the 4k videos that I've taken so far are excellent. My go to lens is the Sony SEL28F20 prime lens(28 mm, F2.0) which is very compact, and an SEL55210 zoom lens which I picked up on clearance. I find they work in pretty much all situations. My bag is a Lowepro format 160 bag:

which is an OK bag. I am not crazy about it, but it does it's job. I usually take the shoulder strap off and carry it around by hand. Friends/family often ask me why I'm carrying around my lunch bag, which is great, since no one will want to steal a lunch bag.
Feb 20, 2006
20 posts
Only if it has the lens you want. I had the A6000 with 10-18, 16-70, 35 1.8, 24 1.8 as my travel kit. The only lens i am happy with is the 24 1.8. In the end I sold them all and switched to Fuji. Now I have the Fuji XT1, 14 2.8, 23 1.4, 18-55. I like the ergonomic and control of the fuji better, and most important is if Sony has the lens you need.