4147 upvotes
Awesome, just awesome...

"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Youff1 wrote: Awesome, just awesome...

Looks decent so far. There's quite a bit of new characters being introduced in this movie.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Enjoyed the trailers. This is the potential superhero sleeper hit unfortunately it comes out near Justice League. Everyone is sleeping on this one.

Based on what we've seen, I am expecting Wonder Woman to be a great movie and Justice League. I think Guardians will be great. Spiderman should be good and Thor no one has any idea at this point.

Heard some complaining about the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe but I think its appropriate when the movie is occurring in space and in the same universe. It's about consistency and keeping those things together.
Sep 12, 2012
954 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
Asgardians Of The Galaxy
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I don't mind the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe, as champion said, it lives in the same universe and now that the story has gone into "space", that's the tone the MCU uses for it.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1597 posts
4147 upvotes
Funny, I got more of a Flash Gordon vibe than a Guardians vibe. Maybe I'm showing my age Winking Face.
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17438 posts
12793 upvotes
Toronto
Youff1 wrote:
Some of the recent Marvel villains are all blurring into one another in my mind.
Malekith, Kaecilius and Hela seem similar to me
Filmmakers don't seem to like the helmet or they don't like the wings
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well Marvel (and DC to an extent) have tried to tone down the costumes of most of their comic characters as they might appear tacky or difficult to pull off without looking like a cheap low-budget type thing. Spandex no matter how high quality, does not appear very "modern" in today's movies :lol:

I think the helmet shown in the trailer is a good rendition and a nice way to make Thor wear the helmet again.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
I also disagree with the statement of comparing Hela to Malekith or Kaecilius.

In one shot in a trailer, Marvel has already shown that this villain is something different. She clearly destroys Asgard and also destroys Mjolnir. Mjolnir throughout all the movies with Thor has been shown to be the ultimate weapon and in one second she destroys it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Wonder how theyll explain how Hulk got there. Setup for World War hulk storyline?
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
While I also disagree that Hela is forgettable, I do agree that Marvel sometimes has issues with villains. Other than the overarching villains like Thanos and Loki (and the anti-heroes like Winter Soldier), the rest of them are for the most part fairly one dimensional with poor backgrounds and weakly constructed motivations.

Mind you, given all the stories they pump out, it was bound to happen and most are one-off villains for the movie they're in, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the villains are fairly weak and forgettable. One common element most of the less successful Marvel movies had was uncompelling and forgettable villains.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
uber_shnitz wrote: Mind you, given all the stories they pump out, it was bound to happen and most are one-off villains for the movie they're in, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the villains are fairly weak and forgettable. One common element most of the less successful Marvel movies had was uncompelling and forgettable villains.
It is a knock against them but Kevin Feige has stated that the focus is on developing the heroes. This is why I say this initial trailer deviates and appears to lead to a great villain.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
thechampion116 wrote: It is a knock against them but Kevin Feige has stated that the focus is on developing the heroes. This is why I say this initial trailer deviates and appears to lead to a great villain.
True but one could argue a hero is only as great as the villains he/she faces. Batman without Joker wouldn't be the same. Like I said, it's to be expected given how many movies they pump out and most villains shown in those movies are never meant to reach "arch nemesis" status, but it still contributes to an overall worse story.

And yes, I have good hopes for Hela as a villain; she might be the best one since Loki. Also given her comic book background as one of the emissaries of Death, it might open a bunch of doors for the MCU.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
thechampion116 wrote: In one shot in a trailer, Marvel has already shown that this villain is something different. She clearly destroys Asgard and also destroys Mjolnir. Mjolnir throughout all the movies with Thor has been shown to be the ultimate weapon and in one second she destroys it.
THR has done a deep dive on all the times Mjolnir has been destroyed in the comics.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ics-992502
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
Looks awesome. Can't wait
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote: It's definitely happened in the comics multiple times but in the movies it will be just one that we know of.
anddddd it might not be fixed until Avengers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)