Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8812 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote:
Oct 14th, 2015 3:01 pm
Thor: Ragnarok

It looks like the Hulk will join Thor in this cosmic adventure. Seeing that the script is reported too dark and they're trying to lighten it up, maybe it'll be a like a buddy comedy instead of the end-of-the-universe type thing like the comic.
http://screenrant.com/thor-3-story-deta ... yrie-hulk/
You don't say :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7511 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
I like the smaller Avenger's Team ups. I thought the Captain America/Black Widow thing works really well in Winter Soldier. When you have 20 avengers in the same movie it's all over the place, but when you have one or two helping out the headliner I think it works really well.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
zod wrote:
Oct 15th, 2015 11:43 am
I like the smaller Avenger's Team ups. I thought the Captain America/Black Widow thing works really well in Winter Soldier. When you have 20 avengers in the same movie it's all over the place, but when you have one or two helping out the headliner I think it works really well.
the solution.....make a 4 hour movie lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8812 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto
While promoting his whale movie, Hemsworth thinks the next Thor flick needs more 'smart' & 'unexpected' humour
Presumably, he doesn't mean more Kat Dennings

"I think [Thor 3] needs to be injected with that sort of smart wit and unexpected kind of humor, kind of what James Gunn came in and did with Guardians [Of The Galaxy]. It was like off center and unpredictable, and I think we can definitely use a dose of that, you know?"

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-Tho ... 95857.html
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
what thor 3 needs is to be more dark and gritty since the movie is based on the fall of asgard. if there is any humor at all, it should be dark humor.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
brandonl wrote:
Nov 25th, 2015 9:02 pm
what thor 3 needs is to be more dark and gritty since the movie is based on the fall of asgard. if there is any humor at all, it should be dark humor.
Won't happen.

Nearly every Marvel movie has been light hearted and not very serious. It's a shame, really, but I think they're giving the adult fans the Netflix TV shows to hold us over.

Honestly, I didn't like Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy because of this. As a kid, I would have loved these movies, but now? I want to see consequences. I want realism, grit, darker story lines. Too many jokes - the end of the world is happening, and you have jokes happening (referring to Avengers).

I hate comparing them, but that's why I'm liking DC's movies more (even though they do less at the box office, for the most part) - they're better movies. It's not Hollywood dumbed down. DC has always had the better stories, when it comes to realism.

Marvel won't go that way.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
squadz wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2015 9:05 am
Won't happen.

Nearly every Marvel movie has been light hearted and not very serious. It's a shame, really, but I think they're giving the adult fans the Netflix TV shows to hold us over.

Honestly, I didn't like Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy because of this. As a kid, I would have loved these movies, but now? I want to see consequences. I want realism, grit, darker story lines. Too many jokes - the end of the world is happening, and you have jokes happening (referring to Avengers).

I hate comparing them, but that's why I'm liking DC's movies more (even though they do less at the box office, for the most part) - they're better movies. It's not Hollywood dumbed down. DC has always had the better stories, when it comes to realism.

Marvel won't go that way.
i think eventually they will when DC starts to beat them in the race between the 2 companies. marvel will have to go that direction to compete, to stay ahead.
Dec 22, 2014
509 posts
112 upvotes
Regina, SK
A lot of the Marvel source material isn't that dark and often had a lot campy jokes in the stories. Having the humor in a lot of the movies they have done keeps the tone that has been historically present. The debate of Marvel Movies (light hearted and too much humor) vs DC Movies (too dark) goes back into the source material. I have always thought of Marvel as being lighter (especially the mainstream/popular characters) compared to DC. Going too dark, you risk some of the fan base (especially from Kevin Fiege's perspective). Just as going too light and campy might cause brand scarring - Batman TV series with Adam West (sure it was fun and it still has some nostalgia).

Frankly, the dark and depressing will get old too. Finding a balance is the best way to go. I also don't see much of a difference between Man of Steel and Avengers in terms of consequences/realism. Sure, Man of Steel was more serious while destroying a city to save the world, but Avengers also destroyed a city in the process of saving the world - they just happened to tell a few jokes along the way. No main characters died along the way, except Superman killed Zod. Plenty of unnamed civilian casualties either way. I am not expecting Superman to start cracking jokes, but I don't know if I could accept a completely stoic Ironman.