• Mar 9th, 2018 1:38 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
badOne wrote: Walmart might still have it, but as prior to Thursday was at $4.90. For some reason multi-grain cherios is the one people are grabbing, not the honey-nut version.
The Walmart at Markville Mall does not have it. Their multi-grain Cheerios does not have Cineplex promotion. I was there yesterday, I am looking for this also.
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3368 upvotes
yoshim wrote: The Walmart at Markville Mall does not have it. Their multi-grain Cheerios does not have Cineplex promotion. I was there yesterday, I am looking for this also.
Looks like General Post only produced 1 batch with the Cineplex codes. Try again next year. It's almost November, and Nov 30th is the latest the codes can be used.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
Metacritic will always be superior to Rotten Tomatoes, so the authority has given it a 73. Sounds about right, Regardless, I'll be seeing it on opening weekend.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/thor-ragnarok

badOne wrote: Looks like General Post only produced 1 batch with the Cineplex codes. Try again next year. It's almost November, and Nov 30th is the latest the codes can be used.

Sadly, I already paid full price for my movie ticket and yesterday I finally found a box of cereal at Walmart with the Cineplex code. Bummer, I already paid full price for both Thor 3 and Justice League movies already. Wish I friggin' found these General Mills cereal boxes before I paid full price for the 2 movies. Thor 3 and Justice League will get multiple viewings now that I finally have some codes from buying cereal. LOL
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
I see that the movie is out in international market now? Ye gads, now will have to be even more careful avoiding spoilers
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3368 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: Sadly, I already paid full price for my movie ticket and yesterday I finally found a box of cereal at Walmart with the Cineplex code. Bummer, I already paid full price for both Thor 3 and Justice League movies already. Wish I friggin' found these General Mills cereal boxes before I paid full price for the 2 movies. Thor 3 and Justice League will get multiple viewings now that I finally have some codes from buying cereal. LOL
Bring in the cereal to the theatre as snack to spite Cineplex! I'm sure a lot of RFD people will be there, and giving you a friendly nod.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I never realized director Taika Waititi was the same guy who did "What We Do In the Shadows" which is one of my favorite comedies of all time. That explains the tone of the movie.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
The final cut is 2 hours 10 minutes. Around the time of Comic-Con, it was dialed back to 100 minutes but decided to reload all the cut humour.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-why-thor- ... 1819940298
“There was a time when it was going to be 100 minutes,” Waititi said in an interview with Collider, ahead of the film’s North American opening next weekend. “We were at about 100 minutes [around Comic Con]. We had just done our reshoots, so we knew it was going to come up from there, but there was a world where I thought it was going to sit around 100, no more than two hours.”

What happened? “After Comic Con, we decided to put a lot of the jokes back in,” he explained. This may have been influenced by the very positive response to the film’s tone coming out of SDCC, though it also might have just been the vagaries of editing work.
When the title Ragnarok was announced, I was hoping for a grimmer and heavier Thor movie but they decided to keep using the same formula as all their MCU movies which is not necessarily a bad thing.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1343 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
^^^

actually it is a bad thing. i dont dislike any of the marvel movies but they are watering down the material to make it more appealing to the mass, general audience to make more money and alienating the hardcore fans who should matter more. all marvel movies should realistically be more dark and gritty, if they are going to be truly faithful to the original material.

the thor ragnarok storyline by itself is easily 3-4 hours if done right. the planet hulk storyline is easily the same. combining the 2 into one 2 hour is not what i had in mind. im still gonna go see it, but i dislike the desire to put humor into such a serious storyline.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
brandonly wrote: ^^^

actually it is a bad thing. i dont dislike any of the marvel movies but they are watering down the material to make it more appealing to the mass, general audience to make more money and alienating the hardcore fans who should matter more. all marvel movies should realistically be more dark and gritty, if they are going to be truly faithful to the original material.

the thor ragnarok storyline by itself is easily 3-4 hours if done right. the planet hulk storyline is easily the same. combining the 2 into one 2 hour is not what i had in mind. im still gonna go see it, but i dislike the desire to put humor into such a serious storyline.
You're correct in that assessment and I wholeheartedly agree but money talks man. Mass market appeal in mainstream is what every corporation tries to achieve and Disney has certainly done that.

At least we're getting some good Netflix stories.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
That was totally awesome. Loved every second of it.

Usual Marvel disclaimer : stay to the very end
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
Lots of fun with some awesome action. Cate Blanchett was excellent.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
MrDisco wrote: That was totally awesome. Loved every second of it.

Usual Marvel disclaimer : stay to the very end
No. I'm working in 6 hours. LOL

It was the first Thor I watched only because of Hulk but I agree it was amazing though I thought it got a bit too cute with the jokes.

I do wished they put more effort at the end with the final battle it felt rushed.

No doubt in will watch it again and again. Guessing this Tuesday and next weekend.

This is why I love Marvel, they stick to the formula and seems to get everything right from the writers to directing but more importantly with casting. Seems to be the opposite when it comes to DC, sure Marvel isn't perfect but they know how to fix it or improve upon.

Captain America and Thor are great example, I either hated the first or skipped it but as the saying goes third time's a charm. :)

I'm ranting now so I'll stop...go to bed. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
Movie was okay. It was super corny with all the childish jokes, but the action scenes that it did have were awesome. Should have done away with that 'executioner' guy. He was absolutely useless and, if anything, took away from the overall movie.

Anyway, that's not why I'm here. Prior to the movie Cineplex did the usual games. One of the games was to ask the audience who they thought would win. First was Odin vs. Hulk, and it was about 70% in Hulk's favour. Then it was Hulk vs. Thor, and this time it was about 70% in Thor's favour. I thought that was absolutely crazy...Anybody else think the same or just me?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Nemrod wrote: Anyway, that's not why I'm here. Prior to the movie Cineplex did the usual games. One of the games was to ask the audience who they thought would win. First was Odin vs. Hulk, and it was about 70% in Hulk's favour. Then it was Hulk vs. Thor, and this time it was about 70% in Thor's favour. I thought that was absolutely crazy...Anybody else think the same or just me?
It's a popularity contest based on the audience. It's not based on any "scientific" assessment of their abilities. They could put Jean Grey vs Thor, and he would still win, even though Jean could easily tear him apart.
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: It's a popularity contest based on the audience. It's not based on any "scientific" assessment of their abilities. They could put Jean Grey vs Thor, and he would still win, even though Jean could easily tear him apart.
Clearly. No logic involved I guess, even though the question was clearly to pick which one you thought was stronger. They chose Thor > Hulk > Odin, even though Odin would destroy Thor (at least in the movies) given that he gave him his powers.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Favorite thor movie ... it did get a bit much with the humor at times but overall worked well.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
uber_shnitz wrote: I never realized director Taika Waititi was the same guy who did "What We Do In the Shadows" which is one of my favorite comedies of all time. That explains the tone of the movie.
classic movie, watched it by accident and was constantly thinking wtf?? definitely different approach to the genre.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
Saw this on Thursday night for free using my Cineplex movie code from my General Mills cereal box.

I enjoyed it, but didn't like it nearly as much as the critics and everybody else who loved it. First impressions, I definitely liked both "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" and "Spiderman: Homecoming" way more than this Thor sequel. It's possible I may like it more on my second viewing this Tuesday when I see it in the laser IMAX theatre. My free movie code, I didn't bother upgrading to IMAX or UltraAVX (extra $6 or $7) because I was being cheap. I regret that now because the sound was really crap in the regular auditorium. Think I've been spoiled for way too long and only really enjoy these big budget, big picture, big sound movies in the premium auditoriums such as IMAX and UltraAVX.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)