Shopping Discussion

Those who preordered MW2 on Futureshop for $49....

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2009 3:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7734 posts
932 upvotes
Wasn't the deal for $49?

Why the f*ck do you guys think you should get it for $39? Cuz they said $20 off? That just stupid.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10653 posts
5818 upvotes
Oil Country
HBP wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 1:38 pm
Wasn't the deal for $49?

Why the f*ck do you guys think you should get it for $39? Cuz they said $20 off? That just stupid.
Cuz some people that purchased it during the same promo are getting it for $39.99. I think the promo was $20 off MSRP. Since MSRP dropped $10, it would only make sense for FS to drop the price to $39.99.

WG
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6153 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
fudge_u wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 1:59 pm
Cuz some people that purchased it during the same promo are getting it for $39.99. I think the promo was $20 off MSRP. Since MSRP dropped $10, it would only make sense for FS to drop the price to $39.99.

WG
I agree with the other guy. You ordered at 49.99 and that should be the price you pay. You shouldn't expect 39.99 because of a price drop AFTER the fact.

Problem is that some bonehead CSR let the 39.99 price go through, and suddenly everybody thinks they are entitled to that price now. FS CSR are idiots.

Of course overcharging is a even worse offence, and by all means you should get that adjusted. Be don't complain if they don't give you the 39.99 price.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
number8888 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 2:11 pm
I agree with the other guy. You ordered at 49.99 and that should be the price you pay. You shouldn't expect 39.99 because of a price drop AFTER the fact.

Problem is that some bonehead CSR let the 39.99 price go through, and suddenly everybody thinks they are entitled to that price now. FS CSR are idiots.

Of course overcharging is a even worse offence, and by all means you should get that adjusted. Be don't complain if they don't give you the 39.99 price.
Thing is, no CSR said to a customer, yea I'll give it to you for $39. Instead, this magic number automatically appeared in many people's invoices who had their prices adjusted because they acted before the price change. So how is it fair for people who bought it legitly, after the price dropped officially on the website?
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10653 posts
5818 upvotes
Oil Country
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 2:44 pm
Thing is, no CSR said to a customer, yea I'll give it to you for $39. Instead, this magic number automatically appeared in many people's invoices who had their prices adjusted because they acted before the price change. So how is it fair for people who bought it legitly, after the price dropped officially on the website?
I wonder if it has something to do with SCOP? Price was listed as $49.99, but showed up as $69.99, and then $59.99. They're supposed to match the sale price, and then deduct another $10 if that was the case.

WG
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fudge_u wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 3:55 pm
I wonder if it has something to do with SCOP? Price was listed as $49.99, but showed up as $69.99, and then $59.99. They're supposed to match the sale price, and then deduct another $10 if that was the case.

WG
I don't think SCOP applies online...
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10653 posts
5818 upvotes
Oil Country
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 4:45 pm
I don't think SCOP applies online...
Ya, I wasn't sure.

WG
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6153 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 2:44 pm
If I order the game after the price drop I would have been paying 59.99. The $20 sale was well over at that point as it was on for only 1 day in October.

Why do you thinking the price got adjusted? Because the bonehead CSR went in and adjusted it, basically applying the $20 after the price drop, when in fact the discount should have been applied before. This bring the price down to 49.99 not 39.99. 49.99 was the price everybody expected to pay.

I am just trying to manage people's expectation in the matter, because the 39.99 price is fluke and HUGE YMMV.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42409 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
number8888 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 5:09 pm
If I order the game after the price drop I would have been paying 59.99. The $20 sale was well over at that point as it was on for only 1 day in October.

Why do you thinking the price got adjusted? Because the bonehead CSR went in and adjusted it, basically applying the $20 after the price drop, when in fact the discount should have been applied before. This bring the price down to 49.99 not 39.99. 49.99 was the price everybody expected to pay.

I am just trying to manage people's expectation in the matter, because the 39.99 price is fluke and HUGE YMMV.
What CSR? None of the guys who got the game for $39 according to their invoice called in. It came up automatically after they called in initially to have their price reduced because they ordered when the price has not yet changed on the website.
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7734 posts
932 upvotes
Don't get greedy. $49 on release for this awesome game is a good price.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10653 posts
5818 upvotes
Oil Country
number8888 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 5:09 pm

I got the discount automatically, as did a buddy of mine. We didn't have to call in and complain.

WG
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
So on my FS credit card transaction I see $69+taz, on the futureshop order invoice I see $59+tax, when I call up FS customer service, the guy said that in the order it was processed as $39+tax, and I should see a credit to my bill in the next billing cycle.
So I'm going to get charged interest on something that I shouldn't have been charged for in the first place, but the extra $10 off, is an added bonus.

I also preordered this game through the source, and I did get it on launch day (expected to get the FS one on friday, because it takes 3-4 days to take that ferry from vancouver to victoria), but it was a french copy! second time that's happened to me... But I just swaped it out, got an english copy and now the online play for the ps3 is down until about friday when they release another patch...
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1403 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary
tomthegreat wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 7:55 pm
So on my FS credit card transaction I see $69+taz, on the futureshop order invoice I see $59+tax, when I call up FS customer service, the guy said that in the order it was processed as $39+tax, and I should see a credit to my bill in the next billing cycle.
So I'm going to get charged interest on something that I shouldn't have been charged for in the first place, but the extra $10 off, is an added bonus.

I also preordered this game through the source, and I did get it on launch day (expected to get the FS one on friday, because it takes 3-4 days to take that ferry from vancouver to victoria), but it was a french copy! second time that's happened to me... But I just swaped it out, got an english copy and now the online play for the ps3 is down until about friday when they release another patch...
it WAS down..playing it online right now on ps3.
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
silentsim wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 8:15 pm
sweet, I read somewhere it wouldn't be back up until friday. I just finished the campaign, so I will have something to do tonight.
Apr 21, 2009
949 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg
silentsim wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 8:15 pm
Wow true multitasking here