Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2188 posts
247 upvotes
Burlington

Thoughts on ZOHO CRM? or others?

Working with a small not-for-profit orchestra with about 115 members... They've been using Excel keep track of emails, and gmail as the client.
Looking to get some type of CRM to allow mail merging, keeping track of payments etc.
Came across Zoho, and their free or $15/mo package looks like it would do the job. As a small NFP, $30+/month is not an option.
Any suggestions?
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6752 posts
508 upvotes
Toronto
Apptivo is zoho's closest competitor. They also have a freemium model, in some cases better than zoho but you'd have to weigh up the features.
Mar 15, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
Using zoho.crm now for four years with now six users.

It has its benefits and disadvantages. I m using the MailChimp and the zoho.crm plugin, some other features. Works good.
My biggest problem is that the stock quantity is getting screwed up very quickly. We weren't able to figure it out what the reason is. Even the somewhat useless support gave up quickly blaming our workflow.
We are still using quickbooks for tax reasons and don't have the issue there.
May 28, 2017
4 posts
You won't be able to build any custom modules like "Payments" unless you have the $40+ version. We just switched from Zoho CRM to Salesforce but Salesforce is also $105 a month per user so not in your budget. Zoho was good, the interface was just very basic and plain. Check Knack as well, it's more like a build it yourself database but it's pretty easy to use if you're even remotely technical.