• Feb 25th, 2013 5:30 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
820 upvotes
Bowmanville
Just a side note- Everybody update to 4.25? Enjoying that extra 1gb of cloud space? i'm glad to have it. that's a gb off my hard drive!
Dec 30, 2010
965 posts
133 upvotes
BlissKira wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 11:19 am
Yeah those features are pretty useful but I actually turn them off since I have to budget my 175gb monthly limit... Which is why I normally skip out on the full free games since I play them from disc for free as well (free rentals anyways).

I do however love the psn games that they give out, worth it for plus just for that lol.
175gb? Dude thats more than enough to download all the plus games and leave the feature on. Mines is only 120 and I'm managing fine, browsing the internet, watching ****, etc etc. How do you get past 175gb?
Dec 30, 2010
965 posts
133 upvotes
Does anyone here know when borderlands expires? I plan to renew my subscription on the last day.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2006
1049 posts
38 upvotes
Played Double Dragon Neon yesterday, very fun game if you were ever into the beat em up genre. Great music too.
Dec 16, 2010
739 posts
200 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 12:18 am
Honestly if you're gonna do the whole "rent" thing, gameaccess is WAY better if you have more than just a PS3. 120 a year but you get whatever game you want for any console.

Also, buying has its own virtues. Some people prefer a collection. Also, trade in value.
Since when is GameAccess 120/year? I've been a member since 2005, and I don't think it's ever been that low.

Currently, the LOWEST deal they offer is :

1 game out at $9.95 for the 1st month
Renews at $17.95/month

So we're talking about 210/year + tax, and you don't get much for that price, even with Fast Returns (some weeks you won't have games while waiting for your game to be available + shipped to you). And you don't get "whatever game you want", you get whatever's available unless you're willing to wait for sometime close to a month without games. Not complaining about the service as I'm on a 4 games plan (always have) and I don't care when I only have 2-3 games with me for a while, but you can't compare it with a normal rental or PS+.

PS+ also has tons of extra perks. Might not be interesting to you be it is to me. I love watching Quore for free even if it's basically just a paid advertisement. I love the features Exand listed.

Another thing that might sound really crazy but I'm sure that I'm not the only one : I like the "thrill" of not knowing what I'll be getting for free. It's like a Christmas gift. Sure, I could probably spend the $5 I pay for PS+ each month and use it on the game I want (though I wouldn't get much for that price), but those threads and the "Hey, you were interested in the Double Dragon Demo...well take the full game for FREE!!!" is worth the price for me. The subscription is so low that I don't have any expectations (wouldn't mind not getting anything free for a month) yet those little surprises are enough to make me happy about the service.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
820 upvotes
Bowmanville
veejam wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 3:53 pm
Played Double Dragon Neon yesterday, very fun game if you were ever into the beat em up genre. Great music too.
Here's a link to the soundtrack for free! Well, it's a name your own price thing, so you could always throw a few bucks his way...

http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon
Jul 13, 2011
204 posts
15 upvotes
Windsor
Saikisen wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 3:20 pm
Does anyone here know when borderlands expires? I plan to renew my subscription on the last day.
it expires when your playstation plus does.... if you renew beforehand it will just update to the new date.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9920 posts
1097 upvotes
nowsleepy wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 3:03 pm
Just a side note- Everybody update to 4.25? Enjoying that extra 1gb of cloud space? i'm glad to have it. that's a gb off my hard drive!
Finally, my 150 MB (or whatever small amount they gave) was getting close to full. Fallout and Skyrim saves can be 5 MB+ each.
Apr 12, 2010
680 posts
115 upvotes
sikkbones wrote:
Sep 13th, 2012 8:36 pm
it expires when your playstation plus does.... if you renew beforehand it will just update to the new date.
I think he's asking when it's going to be removed from the PS+ free list?
It's not in the "Expiring Soon" section yet so it'll be up for at least this week and the next week as well because if they do move it to Expiring Soon this coming Tuesday, it'll be in there for one more week.
Jan 17, 2008
479 posts
81 upvotes
Coz4k wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 7:15 pm
PS+ is a joke.

/topic
Exand wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 7:31 pm
Just this year alone, with the PS+ sub you got:
Back to the Future
Simpson's Arcade Game
Sega Genesis Collection
Far Cry 2
Gotham City Impostors
Pac-Man CE DX
Renegade Ops
Virtua Fighter 5
inFamous 2
Little Big Planet 2
Ratcher and Clank All 4 One
Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Just Cause 2
Saints Row 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Hard Corp: Uprising
Choplifter HD
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Trine 2
Awesomenauts
Walking Dead Episode 1 and 2
Bloodrayne Betrayal
Outland
Borderlands
Double Dragon Neon
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

And a bunch of PSOne classics like FFV.

Once I finish most of those games I won't play them again, so losing them if I don't renew is a moot point.
Heck just renting all the games above would cover the cost of PS+ and then some.

/troll
Thank you for regulating. I love games, I've been playing games for over 25 years but now I don't want to dish out $50-60 each game. I got PS+ and I've been been playing only their free games and I love it.

To the person who thinks PS+ a joke... some adults enjoy gaming too but can't "veg" around the house all the time (like kids can) playing the newest games for $60 a pop. One day you'll grow up and learn its worth.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
820 upvotes
Bowmanville
Rumor has it that we're getting the single player campaign of Starhawk for free (PS+ of course) and the multiplayer part will be $20. Sounds pretty sweet to me! No word yet on how trophies will work.

Oh, and Tokyo Jungle is coming for $14.99. That game looks **** crazy.
Nov 23, 2007
342 posts
21 upvotes
nowsleepy wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 1:49 pm
Rumor has it that we're getting the single player campaign of Starhawk for free (PS+ of course) and the multiplayer part will be $20. Sounds pretty sweet to me! No word yet on how trophies will work.

Oh, and Tokyo Jungle is coming for $14.99. That game looks **** crazy.
Not a rumor. Truth!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/ ... ion-store/

To summarize:

Single player campaign: FREE for PS+
Multiplayer: $19.99 for PSN
Full Game: $39.99 for PSN

Both versions get the full trophy list, but in order to unlock all of them (platinum), you need both parts or the full game.

Also Starhawk is getting a load of free new content in the 1.04 update including new modes, maps, etc.
RedFlagSTEALS: 2015 - nothing major....yet ;)
Dec 30, 2010
965 posts
133 upvotes
Persuade wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 2:11 pm
Not a rumor. Truth!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/ ... ion-store/

To summarize:

Single player campaign: FREE for PS+
Multiplayer: $19.99 for PSN
Full Game: $39.99 for PSN

Both versions get the full trophy list, but in order to unlock all of them (platinum), you need both parts or the full game.

Also Starhawk is getting a load of free new content in the 1.04 update including new modes, maps, etc.
GUYS! Starhawk is an amazing game! The singleplayer is alittle lackluster and explains why the game is only around a 8/10 on metacritic, but the multiplayer more than makes up for it!

I participated in the private beta, public beta, and bought the game at launch (infact the only game I ever bought at launch in my life).

Definitely one of the best experiences on the ps3. The fact that they are offering the multiplayer for 19.99 is a steal. I know theres been better deals before ($15 @ Archambault). But this is still an insanely good deal too.

This is coming from the guy who paid ~$67 for it at launch. No regrets here.

Plus the next patch is going to basically double the game. They are finally including matchmaking for co-op (a feature I have been requesting on the forums forever), and fixing alot of overpowered skill abused weapons (bruiser is gone, promoting the grinder is good).

They are adding 3 NEW games modes. The game only started off with 4, thats 7 total. If you haven't picked the multiplayer up yet, you should.

Also, I hope I didn't sound too much like a marketer/ tool. Yesterday was just a great day for me, bought someone's entire gunpla collection, see the new starhawk update coming, and an added bonus was Sony sent me a playstation plus 30 day trial to me on PSN asking me to come back to the service. I was surprised and happy. Its probably because my 3 month subscription ended on the 8th of september and I didn't resubscribe so they sent me a code to check it out again.

Its a great service, I just had a huge backlog to go through so I didn't renew, but plus is definitely a kind and generous compliment to gamers. Thanks Sony!
May 19, 2009
272 posts
73 upvotes
Exand wrote:
Sep 14th, 2012 2:28 am
I think he's asking when it's going to be removed from the PS+ free list?
It's not in the "Expiring Soon" section yet so it'll be up for at least this week and the next week as well because if they do move it to Expiring Soon this coming Tuesday, it'll be in there for one more week.
If that is the case and you currently have the subscription, just 'Buy' it. (Put it in your cart and checkout with it free)

You don't have to download the game right then, you can download later when you have the time. Even if it expires, you will still be able to download it for free because you had already 'purchased' it.
× < >