Tags:
None
Jun 30, 2011
149 posts
46 upvotes
SURREY
signore wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 10:53 pm
I got PS+ a couple months ago... not even close to be worthwhile yet.
Law of diminishing marginal value. You obviously found some value in it when you first signed up.
Sep 4, 2006
305 posts
10 upvotes
Maple
I signed up last night, and I am quite happy. Lots of games. I will be looking forward to the discounted games just in case I don't renew.

I am running out of space on my VITA. Any deals on a 16G or 32G memory card? I tried the usual suspects, and I just see list price.

Thanks,

Mr Al
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
10491 posts
1883 upvotes
Montreal
Starforsaken wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 11:02 am
Aren't they giving a Final Fantasy game RIGHT NOW with FF:Tactics something?
I would love a link to this as the only thing I've seen in a sale on ff because of the anniversary. but free? not that I've seen
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
10491 posts
1883 upvotes
Montreal
vagabond83 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 11:17 am
Just because you don't like the games they are releasing for free doesn't mean no one else does. This month has been a let down for me but over the past few months
like I keep saying I know all about the great deals from 2012 and I am speaking as someone who just traded for an eb ps plus ps3 at the end of 2012. so far, comparing psn plus offers throughout 2012 the last month and a half has been a total bust. junk low-selling psn games like foosball and gome.

the only good deal I got was buy paying 5 dollars for the two worlds 2 goty. ps plus seems to be nerfing the free games end of things (they gave away the milk, the cow and cart for free in 2012) and ramping up the sales in order to make some kind of money on this. if you're looking at ps plus as a way to get a pile og good free games like in 2012 then stop right there but if sales are your bag then it might be worth it
Jan 31, 2011
947 posts
254 upvotes
Sales and free games aside, the best part about PS+ is the cloud system. A lot of people seem to forget that and for me, it's one of the reasons why I have PS+
PSN: Freedom_G20
May 21, 2009
739 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
FreedomG20 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 11:38 am
Sales and free games aside, the best part about PS+ is the cloud system. A lot of people seem to forget that and for me, it's one of the reasons why I have PS+
You're right. It seems all I see in here and all over the internet is people complaining about which free games they should be getting. But for me, the best features are cloud syncing. Having game patches be applied while I sleep instead of having to wait while I want to play is worth half the price I pay for PSN+. Especially games these days that make you download the whole DLC even if you don't buy it, like Battlefield 3. My friends invited me to play with them a while ago. Booted the game, 2GB mandatory patch. I just had to tell them I couldn't play that night, because it took too long.

Don't get me wrong, I've saved a lot more than the price of PSN+ because of sales, but the cloud features are just great for me.
PSN/XBL: matsam88
Jan 30, 2009
879 posts
77 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:27 am
like I keep saying I know all about the great deals from 2012 and I am speaking as someone who just traded for an eb ps plus ps3 at the end of 2012. so far, comparing psn plus offers throughout 2012 the last month and a half has been a total bust. junk low-selling psn games like foosball and gome.

the only good deal I got was buy paying 5 dollars for the two worlds 2 goty. ps plus seems to be nerfing the free games end of things (they gave away the milk, the cow and cart for free in 2012) and ramping up the sales in order to make some kind of money on this. if you're looking at ps plus as a way to get a pile og good free games like in 2012 then stop right there but if sales are your bag then it might be worth it
hi Mr. Negativity :)
look at what's on there right now, you telling me that is not worth $50 for 15 months?
free trials, free games, huge discounts etc etc
Darksiders, good game, Little Big Planet 2, good game, inFamous 2, good game. there's 3 that covers your $50, anything else is just gravy
once you get your Vita you'll maybe value + a lot more
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1046 posts
235 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:25 am
I would love a link to this as the only thing I've seen in a sale on ff because of the anniversary. but free? not that I've seen
FF Tactics was a free game when ps plus launched on vita, but has been replaced i think last month
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
3978 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:25 am
?? It was definitely free a week or two ago. I specifically remember it being free because I restarted my subscription (in part) to grab it before it went off the "Expiring Soon" section.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1046 posts
235 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:27 am

When they launched the instant game collection at e3 in 2012 it came with 12 new games, of course you are are never going to get 12 new games every month. I am not sure why people think this? If you think is such a bad deal tell us what is a good deal, I have yet to hear that from you? Is is Xbla? I sure hope not? Steam well most of those are just publisher sales you don't pay for some sort of subscription for free games or discounts so not really a good comparable.
Apr 25, 2010
209 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
I had Critter Crunch in one of my old accounts and really liked it. I have $1 left so I'll be glad to support a Canadian company in this case. Closure is an interesting puzzler where you need to keep your character in the light at all times. For the price of $0.00, I'll gladly download the full game.
Emoticons are for losers.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1317 posts
290 upvotes
thetick wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 1:33 am
What do you consider worthwhile for about $3-$4 a month. I know i pay $8 a month for netflix and I am satisfied for that even though don't usually get the newest movies, same thing could be said for plus you will not usually get new releases but there is a ton of older content to satisfy you at a lower price point.
I've got such a backlog of quality games... and everything that's been free on PS+ since I've joined just isn't really worth playing. It was kind of an impulse buy, and I'm hopeful there will be some better content soon.
Aug 27, 2003
37 posts
5 upvotes
I downloaded and played free Darksider last month, I have to say this is a better game compare to lots of other games that I actually paid money.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1596 posts
760 upvotes
Montreal
Closure is pretty good. I have it on Steam. The concept is that everything is dark and you need to move the light around (orbs and such). Where there is no light, there is no surface. You need to get from one point to another without falling into nothingness.
× < >