• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 12:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 30, 2007
153 posts
56 upvotes

THSR 3day Unlimited Pass

Has anyone purchased the Taiwan HSR pass online or through a travel agent before? There is an option to purchase online but no instructions are given on the process. I want to be sure that I will be receiving the exchange voucher before making the purchase online. I've purchased the JR pass in the past so I know I would need to exchange the voucher in person later on. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the THSR unlimited pass.

If anyone has experience with the unlimited pass either purchasing through a travel agent or online that would be great.
3 replies
Jul 20, 2007
20 posts
7 upvotes
I've bought them through a travel agent but next time will just do it online. You used to get a paper voucher that you would exchange at a THSR ticket counter, but now you basically just get a PIN (similar to buying prepaid phone airtime) which you show the agent, and they look it up on the computer and then give you a 3-day pass booklet.

The travel agent also gave me a PIN last time, so I might as well just book online and get the same thing.
Jul 20, 2007
20 posts
7 upvotes
Oliver Travel here in Kaohsiung. But next time I think I'll just buy a pass from the THSR website, and get the PIN or "Redeem Code" as they call it, directly from them.