mtlmonk wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:15 am
Only downside is that it only opens from one side (passenger) - Convoy model
Not a deal breaker imo
Mar 13, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
Does someone know if the Convoy L fits a Mazda CX5 2015? Thank you.
Oct 31, 2010
423 posts
224 upvotes
Edmonton
mohamadmakhlouf wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:20 am
Does someone know if the Convoy L fits a Mazda CX5 2015? Thank you.
It'll fit. I put it on my 2008 Impreza hatchback and there's lots of room.
seafish wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:03 am
CT has 90-day return policy.
If they refuse price adjust, buy at the cheaper price, return with old receipt.
Do you know if they typically require you to bring the item with you when you "return" and re-buy it? It's kind of a pain to load up and bring there.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
3241 posts
4469 upvotes
Ottawa
darkstar107 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:58 am
Do you know if they typically require you to bring the item with you when you "return" and re-buy it? It's kind of a pain to load up and bring there.
You just buy the same item if they have it in stock and come back to return counter and show old receipt. If they don't have it in stock then go to another CT, they will accept receipt from other CT stores.
You can also first try to politely ask if they can price adjust with just your receipt.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5409 posts
1006 upvotes
How do you store this seasonally? Or do you just keep it on the car even when it's empty?
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Dec 11, 2003
794 posts
971 upvotes
Ottawa
seafish wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 8:42 am
If you live in Ottawa area, the 1st Alpine is on sale at Buckingham, QC location at 50% off now. ($300) Just that location though.
Shows regular price when selecting this store.
Jun 15, 2001
451 posts
76 upvotes
T.O.
We've been using a Thule Force for the past 9 ski seasons and I would highly recommend buying the dual side version. Makes things much easier if you end up parking in very tight or low roof garages. I would also suggest NOT buying the Alpine versions of the Thule boxes unless you only intend to carry skis. The extra height of the standard boxes allows us to also throw our boots in. Check the internal box length against the length of your longest set of skis and add 10cm or so for margin of error.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2251 posts
960 upvotes
B.C.
rf134a wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:15 pm
How do you store this seasonally? Or do you just keep it on the car even when it's empty?
If you live on Vancouver Island you keep it on your car all year. That is how they tell you're a local.
Mar 17, 2017
109 posts
29 upvotes
HamMane wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 8:50 am
Are roof rack systems on sale as well? I'm in the market, hoping for a deal
Same here.... unable to find anything for my vehicle (specifically the fit kits)
Dec 8, 2009
203 posts
94 upvotes
London
rf134a wrote:
I put two hooks on my wall in the garage and used a broomstick and fed it through the 2 front mounts/claws under the Thule box. I then just hang the box flat on the wall using the broomstick and the 2 hooks.
Aug 3, 2009
42 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
lowridin_guy wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 1:50 pm
I put two hooks on my wall in the garage and used a broomstick and fed it through the 2 front mounts/claws under the Thule box. I then just hang the box flat on the wall using the broomstick and the 2 hooks.
Thanks for this suggestion. It’s an awesome idea - wish I figured this out soone!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2445 posts
700 upvotes
Windsor
rf134a wrote:
I have a piece of wood I screwed to the wall for other stuff (it has spots for things like snow shovels, bike racks, etc). Take it off the car, hook the attachment points to the wood.

I try not to leave it on my car for a few reasons:
0. My car has decent interior capacity (A4 wagon), so I don't usually need the additional space.
1. I don't have aero bars, so they're not quiet generally (not that aero bars are silent either, but a lot better)
2. The box itself is loud when moving at highway speeds; when it's full, it's considerably better.
3. It pretty significantly impacts fuel economy at highway speeds; I have a Force, and it seems to cut about 4 MPG off my fuel economy.
4. It looks pretty stupid on my car
5. It comes off pretty quickly; I take the bars off my factory rails, with the box, in about 3 minutes.

If you're needing additional capacity in your car pretty rarely, they're really nice. Car might look silly when it's attached, but (IMO) no sillier than if you drive a minivan/crossover normally, and WAY less of a PITA than a trailer.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.