[Canadian Tire] Thule cargo boxes 30% off

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2019 7:33 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5606 posts
1387 upvotes
Calgary
thanks OP i might pick one up, we have one of those shitbox explorer ones, its done us fine for several years, but we're using it frequently so it might be time to invest in a better product.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4591 posts
673 upvotes
Great deal on Thule and SportRack Rooftop Cargo Boxes.
Screenshot_20190320-204305.png
Screenshot_20190320-204328.png

30% off
Ex. The Thule Convoy Large, reg $700
On sale for 490
Buy on Thursday and get an additional $30 cash card if you spend over $150. Cash card for use from March 22 to March 31, no minimum purchase required.

If you have a Triangle mc then you will also get 4% back in CT money. $19.60

You also get to finance it over 12 months.

Ebates doesn't apply as the cash card offer is in store only.

I bought the convoy large last summer and used it a couple times for camping trips. It's massive, it can fit so much. I threw the 6p tent, shelter and chairs in there with space to spare. It's got universal clamps that can mount on almost any crossbar. Wind noise is not too loud either considering it's size.
The only annoying thing about it is that it only opens on one side. Also, cannot be used with Thule locks.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5606 posts
1387 upvotes
Calgary
PROTIP, if you store has limited stock, order it now so it's put on hold for you, then when you go in tomorrow you can cancel the online order and pay in store for the promos.

Also i am using $300 of GC's i bought from SDM when it was on promo
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11854 posts
5933 upvotes
Southern Ontario
mohamadmakhlouf wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:20 am
Does someone know if the Convoy L fits a Mazda CX5 2015? Thank you.
Should be fine, here’s our L Convoy on an NX about the same size and the hatch clears.

This deal is as good as it gets because of the $30GC tomorrow, I haven’t seen it lower. You really have to be careful on Kijiji, if it’s had a lot of UV exposure, how it’s been cared and stored. I had a used Thule crack. There’s lots of old models there, some discontinued ymmv. We love our new one, lots of flex, stored inside.

The Convoy’s 4 claws make mounting over roof racks super easy. The old ones use a bolt system that takes longer. When not in use I put it in a large clear bag and it’s in overhead storage in the garage, light and easy to put up.
Nov 29, 2016
27 posts
10 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:35 pm
Should be fine, here’s our L Convoy on an NX about the same size and the hatch clears.

This deal is as good as it gets because of the $30GC tomorrow, I haven’t seen it lower. You really have to be careful on Kijiji, if it’s had a lot of UV exposure, how it’s been cared and stored. I had a used Thule crack. There’s lots of old models there, some discontinued ymmv. We love our new one, lots of flex, stored inside.

The Convoy’s 4 claws make mounting over roof racks super easy. The old ones use a bolt system that takes longer. When not in use I put it in a large clear bag and it’s in overhead storage in the garage, light and easy to put up.
love the Convoy/Pulse too
mind if I ask how much u paid for the crossbar and what brand is it?
gonna put the Convoy on the Lexus too
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11854 posts
5933 upvotes
Southern Ontario
jays3l33t wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:53 pm
love the Convoy/Pulse too
mind if I ask how much u paid for the crossbar and what brand is it?
gonna put the Convoy on the Lexus too
I usually get Thule or Yakima cross bars but I wanted an OEM look. Lexus charges too much, I bought them new here, fitment is true and strong. No drilling, the metal wedge is clamped into the inside groove of the side bars with hex bolts like OEM. Wind noise is minimal. He sells a lot of them.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-part ... ios_social
Nov 29, 2016
27 posts
10 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:37 pm
I usually get Thule or Yakima cross bars but I wanted an OEM look. Lexus charges too much, I bought them new here, fitment is true and strong. No drilling, the metal wedge is clamped into the inside groove of the side bars with hex bolts like OEM. Wind noise is minimal. He sells a lot of them.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-part ... ios_social
thanks man
just what I needed
greatly appreciate for ur help on this
Sep 23, 2006
85 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Why would you miss out on the $30 giftcard?
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12215 posts
122 upvotes
Can these fit on any cars?
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5606 posts
1387 upvotes
Calgary
originalnutta wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:06 pm
Can these fit on any cars?
most cars, very adjustable, but the alpine could hit the rear hatch if you have a van/hatchback/suv because its very long for skis
Dec 26, 2007
16 posts
15 upvotes
ChubChub wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:32 pm
I have a piece of wood I screwed to the wall for other stuff (it has spots for things like snow shovels, bike racks, etc). Take it off the car, hook the attachment points to the wood.

I try not to leave it on my car for a few reasons:
0. My car has decent interior capacity (A4 wagon), so I don't usually need the additional space.
1. I don't have aero bars, so they're not quiet generally (not that aero bars are silent either, but a lot better)
2. The box itself is loud when moving at highway speeds; when it's full, it's considerably better.
3. It pretty significantly impacts fuel economy at highway speeds; I have a Force, and it seems to cut about 4 MPG off my fuel economy.
4. It looks pretty stupid on my car
5. It comes off pretty quickly; I take the bars off my factory rails, with the box, in about 3 minutes.

If you're needing additional capacity in your car pretty rarely, they're really nice. Car might look silly when it's attached, but (IMO) no sillier than if you drive a minivan/crossover normally, and WAY less of a PITA than a trailer.
I actually think roof boxes are perfect on wagons ;)

7AE36B06-6588-45FB-BC30-B6F6B9D1CC4D.jpeg

Whispbars/Aeroblades are worth the investment. Only downside is it may not allow you to open up the sunroof.

That’s a great price for the Thule boxes though at 30% off.
Last edited by MikeCheck on Mar 20th, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4591 posts
673 upvotes
I bought the convoy large last summer. I used it for a couple camping trips.
I was able to fit a 6p tent, a shelter and chairs with room to spare.
The universal clamps fit well on my RDX with Whispbar crossbars. I did have to add a spacer so the pointed end of the clamp wouldn't touch the roof. The Whispbar is extremely low profile, but for any other roof rack you probably won't need spacers.
The clamps are activated with a knob, it's dead easy and secure.
As others have mentioned the downside is that it opens on just one side. So getting something that has jammed on the non-opening side can be difficult, especially if you aren't tall. I'm going to get one of those door latch steps, I think that will help.
Another downside is that you can't use the Thule same lock system. You must use the supplied key and lock.
I'm very happy with the box. It's an amazing deal at this price.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2079 posts
352 upvotes
What's up with all these people going around all year long with huge cargo boxes on SUVs and even trucks?
Here in Vancouver, it is often lower middle class women. Is it a subtle way to signal they have children or simply that the car is on lease and can't be scratched in any way?

PS:. In Vancouver, you might encounter that deviant driving a yellow Lambo with a cargo box.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2255 posts
961 upvotes
B.C.
andreid wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:25 pm
What's up with all these people going around all year long with huge cargo boxes on SUVs and even trucks?
Here in Vancouver, it is often lower middle class women. Is it a subtle way to signal they have children or simply that the car is on lease and can't be scratched in any way?

PS:. In Vancouver, you might encounter that deviant driving a yellow Lambo with a cargo box.
I'd bet some of the ones on trucks are roof top tents.

As for the rest, I'm pretty sure everyone here drives around with these on their car all year because they can't afford a house big enough to store them in.