Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 4, 2005
789 posts
8 upvotes
Stouffville

Thumbs up for Home Depot

I have pretty low expectations for customer service from any big chain, but Home Depot really surprised me this weekend. I replaced my kitchen counter and when I re-installed the faucet for some reason no hot water was coming through. I must have twisted something inside it and messed it up somehow.

Visibly it still looked brand new, so a typical RFD response might have been to buy a new faucet, swap the broken part out and then "return" it for a refund. But I decided to ask someone in the plumbing dept if there was any way to fix it. I actually found someone in the aisles quickly. He told me how to take it apart and replace the cartridge and even gave (yes GAVE) me the parts to make the repair.

As with any customer service experience - YMMV of course. But I have never even come close to this level of care at Cdn Tire or Rona.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7964 posts
399 upvotes
I found Home Depot a hit or miss...

I lived in East end Toronto for most of my life and Home Depot had the absolute WORST customer service ever. Rona was much much better in east end Toronto. These were the stores near Warden/Eglinton.

Now I live in West end Toronto in Oakville/Burlington and Home Depot out there are outstanding. Customer Service is top notch... Rona is also excellent as well. I'm not sure but people at every store in Oakville/Burlington just seem so much more pleasant. Maybe it's a burbs thing. -sg
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
465 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
All depends on the store you go to.. I've had good and bad experiences at all of the stores you mentioned.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2001
4791 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
And if you have a Delta brand single handle shower faucet that ever leaked, just bring the bad cartridge to any Rona location and have it replaces with a new one free of charge. ;)
Mark77 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2011 9:37 pm
That's not very nice....and you're missing out on a lot of valuable knowledge if you ignore me. Your loss.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5756 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
All large mfg'ers like Moen and Delta give their customers free cartridges either by visiting Rona or HD, no questions asked. That $100 bathroom washerless faucet the you bought only cost the company less than $3 to replace the cheap plastic cartridge, but the profit that the faucet company made at the time of sale is huge!!!!

sk
Jun 20, 2006
200 posts
1 upvote
Go to home depot and rona --- they all have lifetime warranty printed on the faucet boxes.

I don't keep paper manuals anymore. Buy a kitchen faucet, go to american standard's website and download the technical diagrams with all the parts number listed. If the faucet leaks in the future, go to your computer and print the technical diagram --- then go to home depot to get the exact replacement cartridge.