None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1082 posts
88 upvotes
Markham

Thumbs Up: Pho Viet in Markham, ON

Just got back from Pho Viet located at the new strip plaza area at Warden & Steeles. Some really amazing PHO there, especially compared to the stuff you get at Pho 88 and that Xe Lua (That train logo one)

It's not too busy during the weekdays but I'm sure this place will start to become busy once the word gets out.

The prices are really reasonable and it's a brand new place which means everything is nice inside including the washroom!

Highly Recommended for PHO lovers! :cheesygri
25 replies
Nov 19, 2003
235 posts
Toronto, Ontario
i also can verify that one...

I've been to alot and found the one at warden and steeles to be the best.
there's alway a bottom line - jmedia
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
the best Pho is in the west end where most of the vietnamese community lives.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2004
1415 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
nammer food sux in scarbourough, markham and richmond hill. area, especially if there run by chinese. if you want real nammer food go to college & dufferin "pho linh" is one of the best. weston rd & st. clair, weston rd & finch, jane & finch, jane & 401 are real nammer places with real nammer food. places in scarb are there to trick chinese people.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
aznspddmn wrote:nammer food sux in scarbourough, markham and richmond hill. area, especially if there run by chinese. if you want real nammer food go to college & dufferin "pho linh" is one of the best. weston rd & finch, jane & finch, jane & 401 are real nammer places with real nammer food. places in scarb are there to trick chinese people.
Yeah jane and lawrence also. Those places are definately the best.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2004
1415 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Degenerate wrote:Yeah jane and lawrence also. Those places are definately the best.

you mean lawrence and black creek?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1082 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
I'm not sure if this place takes credit cards.

And this Pho place is a good alternative for those who don't want to drive to the Jane & Lawrence area. :cheesygri
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
aznspddmn wrote:you mean lawrence and black creek?
Actually I meant more like Jane and Wilson.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1082 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
They're run by Vietnamese people, but they can speak Cantonese & Vietnamese. :)
Feb 28, 2002
55 posts
1 upvote
went there in the first few weeks it opened up and i did not have the same good experience.

I ordered a large bowl and they gave me a smaller bowl (actual bowl) than the table beside me. Portions were smaller than other places and for a higher price as well. The decor was nice and the food seemed clean but unless they changed since the last time i went i wouldn't go there again.
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothing's like before

My HeatWare Feedback
Jul 16, 2004
385 posts
Degenerate wrote:Actually I meant more like Jane and Wilson.
there are 2 by jane and wilson, one closed down and was replaced by another pho restaurant (Sheridan Mall), the other is Pho Mi (I think that is the name) but those 2 places and the ones near jane and finch isn't as good as Kiem Bo on Keele just north of sheppard. This place gives you the fresh pho noodles upon request with no extra charge.
"God is my favourite fictional character" :cheesygri
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
ForthEarlingas wrote:there are 2 by jane and wilson, one closed down and was replaced by another pho restaurant (Sheridan Mall), the other is Pho Mi (I think that is the name) but those 2 places and the ones near jane and finch isn't as good as Kiem Bo on Keele just north of sheppard. This place gives you the fresh pho noodles upon request with no extra charge.
Yes you are correct. I've been to Kiem Bo and it's not bad. My personal fav is prbably Pho 99 at Jane and Finch. The old Pho Xeu La was good because I went there so much they treated me really really good. Like you said fresh noodles for no extra charge. Too bad it's now some Asian Noodles House. Not as good.
Feb 21, 2003
873 posts
13 upvotes
Woo..you guys go so far west if you're from scarb/markham/rich area.

Did u guys know there's a Pho Xe Lua(train) @ young/steels. (on steels across from center point)...it's also run by viets. Tables there are a bit higher then i'm used 2 though. And the fried egg roles are no good...too small.