Travel

Tickets from ICN (Incheon - South Korea) - SGN (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2010 12:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9347 posts
2769 upvotes
Ottawa

Tickets from ICN (Incheon - South Korea) - SGN (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)

Has anyone flown from ICN to SGN in the summer time and if so can you give me a ballpark figure how much a round-trip ticket would be?

I checked a few sites (farecompare, orbitz, kayak and expedia) with a random date in August and it seems the best deal is about $600/person. I have no idea if it'd be cheaper to deal with a travel agency in Seoul but I will let my wife handle that part. Just thought I'd get a ballpark number for budgeting purposes.

Thanks.
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2957 posts
934 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Dec 25th, 2010 8:33 am
Has anyone flown from ICN to SGN in the summer time and if so can you give me a ballpark figure how much a round-trip ticket would be?

I checked a few sites (farecompare, orbitz, kayak and expedia) with a random date in August and it seems the best deal is about $600/person. I have no idea if it'd be cheaper to deal with a travel agency in Seoul but I will let my wife handle that part. Just thought I'd get a ballpark number for budgeting purposes.

Thanks.
The cheapest fare I'm finding is KRW 730,000 or about CDN $634 (all in) return from ICN to SGN, for August. Departure dates from ICN August 23rd through August 30th inclusive, with Malaysia Airlines, using return dates from SGN to ICN about a month later. I'd advise you verify what I've said with the airline's website.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9347 posts
2769 upvotes
Ottawa
Stryker wrote:
Dec 25th, 2010 9:28 am
The cheapest fare I'm finding is KRW 730,000 or about CDN $634 (all in) return from ICN to SGN, for August. Departure dates from ICN August 23rd through August 30th inclusive, with Malaysia Airlines, using return dates from SGN to ICN about a month later. I'd advise you verify what I've said with the airline's website.

Thanks so that pretty much confirms what I have found as well. I guess I will have to budget at least $600/person for this flight.

My wife will also check with the travel agencies in Seoul when we get there but I don't expect it to be much cheaper. Thanks.
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2957 posts
934 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Dec 25th, 2010 9:32 am
Thanks so that pretty much confirms what I have found as well. I guess I will have to budget at least $600/person for this flight.

My wife will also check with the travel agencies in Seoul when we get there but I don't expect it to be much cheaper. Thanks.
Actually you may want to play with dates in August on the Air Asia website as well. They can fly you from ICN to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) or Jakarta (CGK). From either airport you can get another Air Asia flight to SGN. If you travel light, that may be a cheaper alternative. If you don't, they get you on the extra luggage weight fees though.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1924 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
If you get your tickets from Canada through to Saigon with Korean Air it would probably work out cheaper. I'm sure you can arrange a stopover in Seoul. If you live in Korea, on the other hand, never mind.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9347 posts
2769 upvotes
Ottawa
pablonutribar wrote:
Dec 25th, 2010 11:02 am
If you get your tickets from Canada through to Saigon with Korean Air it would probably work out cheaper. I'm sure you can arrange a stopover in Seoul. If you live in Korea, on the other hand, never mind.

Yes Pablo, our plan is to visit her family in Korea first then go to Vietnam to visit my side of the family and then back to Korea to wrap things up before returning to Canada.

We already secured the ticket portion from YOW (Ottawa) to ICN (Incheon) courtesy of Aeroplan. So now we just need to get tickets to SGN and obviously that plays a big part in our budgeting process. The rest will be spent on tours, gifts, shopping and miscellaneous expenses.

I will try that link out later Stryker. My wife is supposed to call some travel agencies and get an idea but she will probably do so after the New Year.
× < >